My darling Caroline Grace,
This month has been our greatest month yet together. Something happened around 6 weeks - I went from loving you to falling in deeper love with you. Maybe it's the smiles you generously give me now, or the happy eyes you show me when I walk over to pick you up, or the grip of you holding my finger so tightly when you eat or the snuggles we share alone in your nursery at bedtime. There are so many gifts you give me now and I just want to drink you in all day, every day. It still blows me away to think you are mine, and that you are half me. You have such a mellow and happy temperament and we really feel lucky. I can't believe how fast our time together has flown by and that I'll be back to work in the blink of an eye. I love everything about you and you are the greatest treasure of our lives.
Two Month Highlights:
- You eat 4 ounces during each feeding and you go back and forth between breast milk and formula equally.
- You're still in newborn diapers and I love it because I want you to stay little forever.
- You're newborn clothes are a tad too tight these days but the 0-3 months are still a tad too loose.
- You rolled off your boppy sitting on the couch onto the floor while I was right next to you and it scared me to death. I called your doctor and she told me I was probably more shaken up than you. Let's not do that again.
- Even though you didn't mind one bit, your face is finally starting to clear up from your horrible case of baby acne.
- You took your first beach trip and loved the sand.
- You love to stand up and your legs are getting so strong.
- In addition to smiling a lot you've discovered your tongue and love to let it hang out.
- You're starting to roll around your crib more so I have to replace your expensive SIDS-risk Pottery Barn ruffle crib bumper with something more practical (and probably a lot less cute).
- You sleep from 8:30 pm until somewhere between 4:30 - 5:30 a.m. but we are working on dropping that feeding and stretching your slumber to 7 am.
- Still on the fence on your hair color but lots of people think it's red.