Over the weekend, Matt’s mom revealed one of her delicious summer recipes to me…The Ultimate Summer Salad. If you are a salad lover, this homemade creation is for you! What makes this salad so scrumptious is a combination of yummy ingredients, paired with a made-from-scratch berry dressing. Fresh, easy, and colorful, this fabulous salad is sure to be a hit at your next summer outing!
- 6 ounces spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam, seedless
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, onions, tomatoes and avocados.
- In another bowl, mix dried cranberries, cheese & walnuts. Set aside in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper and salt (to taste).
- On a large serving plate, lay the spinach and veggie mix. Add the
bowl of mixed toppings. Toss dressing into salad just before serving.
Original photo below! We’ve come along way with photography around here!