Candy Cane Blossoms

Tis the season for lots of sprinkles! Since my Candy Cane Blossoms were a big hit at the Cookie Exchange, I plan to make an extra batch for Santa {and his reindeer} on Christmas Eve.

The recipe…

You Will Need:

{1} bag HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies

{1/2} cup {1 stick} butter or margarine, softened

{1} cup granulated sugar

{1} egg

{1 ½} teaspoons vanilla extract

{2} cups all-purpose flour

{¼}  teaspoon baking soda

{¼} teaspoon salt

{2} tablespoons milk

Red or green sugar crystals

Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.

In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt.

Add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls.

Roll in red granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.

Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

Merry Christmas y’all!

1. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma
    December 21, 2011 / 3:23 pm

These look so yummy and you pictures are fantastic!! I want one with my morning tea 🙂

2. Brianna Tucker
    December 21, 2011 / 3:47 pm

I will have to try these for my nephews! They love Christmas themed cookiesfollow me atadventuresofthesouthernwife.blogspot.com

3. Sarah Elizabeth
    December 21, 2011 / 4:56 pm

love it!!! send some my way 😉 ha hope you have a Merry Christmas! xo

4. Meg {henninglove}
    December 21, 2011 / 10:39 pm

oh man i need to make these cookies, they are popping up on blogs everywhere and they look delicious!

5. The Wanna-be Southern Belle
    December 22, 2011 / 4:10 pm

My goodness these are adorable! I Will be running to the store to get the stuff to make these today!! 🙂

6. [darci @ the good life]
    January 11, 2012 / 2:30 pm

I MUST step away from your blog before I want to bake up a storm / take on to many DIY projects!! These look so good… I'm thinking about trying some for V-day….surely there are Valentine's colored hershey kisses? Or maybe I'll do pink sugar crystals and a white hershey kiss. Ekk….can't wait!

7. Valentin
    December 31, 2014 / 6:17 am

Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. … ipinksugar.blogspot.com