Summertime Grilled Eggplant

Although available year-round, eggplant
peaks during the summer {August and September}.
Silky and delicious, grilled eggplant is the perfect purple fruit {yes,
it’s a fruit} to serve as a summertime side dish or appetizer. If you are
looking to diversify your eggplant portfolio, try this recipe!

medium eggplant, thickly sliced

cup extra-virgin olive oil

tablespoons fresh lemon juice

garlic cloves, minced

teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped

salt & freshly ground pepper

a griddle pan or bbq grill over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix oil,
lemon juice, garlic and rosemary together.

eggplant slices with olive oil mixture and sprinkle with sea salt on both

Place eggplant on grill, turning occasionally, until softened
and lightly charred, about 8 minutes total.

Serve warm as a side, or dice eggplant and add to a summer salad.

Note: Eggplant pairs deliciously with Goat cheese.

1. Jess
    June 7, 2012 / 2:02 pm

So I'm kinda craving grilled eggplant–or just any eggplant and mushroom dish-so thanks for posting this recipe and getting me out of my usual eggplant parm dish.

2. Mel (Northern Lights)
    June 7, 2012 / 2:42 pm

That looks like heaven. True story, last night was the first time I had eggplant and loved it!

3. Fashion Meets Food
    June 7, 2012 / 3:25 pm

I have never thought of trying this before. I am definitely going to have to pick up eggplant from the farmers market this weekend. xo

4. Sarah
    June 7, 2012 / 3:37 pm

Um, YUM! I haven't thought of doing this before and I am not sure how!! I am obsessed with roasted and grilled veggies right now…this is definitely going on the list!

5. Kayln
    June 7, 2012 / 7:25 pm

I tried making eggplant the other day for the first time but this recipe looks much better!!! All your food posts always end up making me so hungry 🙂

6. Elizabeth
    June 7, 2012 / 9:56 pm

This looks so good!

7. Stephanie
    June 8, 2012 / 2:14 am

Oh my YUM!!! This looks AMAZING. And girlfriend…ch-ch-ch-CHECK out those photog skills!!! I feel like I could reach into the screen and eat that eggplant-the pics are SO clear. Go you!

8. Megan@TwoDelighted
    June 11, 2012 / 12:11 pm

Eggplant and the like are my favorite veggies. This looks incredible. Next time I make a salad this is 100% happening.