New Beginnings

I quit my job.

Full of mixed emotions, yesterday was one
of the hardest goodbyes I have ever had to say. Sadly, I packed up my
desk, turned in my badge and blackberry, ate lunch with my team at my favorite restaurant,
and said my final goodbyes to my work family who I had grown so close to.

Although
I definitely will not miss my 40 minute commutes, there is a lot that I will
miss. I will forever treasure my experiences, friendships and adventures
from the past 20 months in my Marketing & PR Specialist role.

Goodbye gifts: Two bottles of my favorite champagne! A card for each day of my first week at my new job. A “first week survival” tumbler, filled with new pens, nail polish, chapstick and more {how cute, right?}! And a poster of quotes from each team member with pictures of my favorite things.

Of course I couldn’t say goodbye without leaving on a sweet note! So, I
whipped up some carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

But, it is crazy what
God gives you when you pray for new beginnings…

…a new door has been opened to an
exciting adventure!

I
start a brand new job in Uptown Charlotte on Monday! It seems so surreal that
this new job, one that I cannot wait to begin, is mine! There will be so
much to learn, new friendships to make, and experiences to gain. I am so
excited and thankful for it all.

{Matt and I celebrated over
dinner last night in Uptown at The Capital Grille}

1. April of A. Liz Adventures
    July 27, 2012 / 12:49 pm

Aahhhh, I am so excited for you! What a lucky gal you are to have such a supportive team that you have worked with — when I quit my last job, they gave me a cardboard box to assist with the move (HA!). You will love working in uptown CLT – how exciting! I can't wait to hear more details about it. Cheers!

2. Gaby
    July 27, 2012 / 12:50 pm

Congrats! It's always exciting starting a new job, especially if it's something you really look forward to!

3. P!nky
    July 27, 2012 / 12:55 pm

WOOHOO congrats girlie! new beginnings are scary but can bring great reward :)! xoo

4. Sarah O
    July 27, 2012 / 12:55 pm

Congratulations on the new job! I think you have the cleanest desk I've ever seen. 😉

5. Channing
    July 27, 2012 / 12:56 pm

So excited for your new adventure! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

6. Melissa Cipyak
    July 27, 2012 / 1:00 pm

Congratulation on a new chapter! Love your blog!I was a KD at UCF!I love your purse in the pic of your desk!Have to ask where it's from????AOT,Melissa

7. Emily
    July 27, 2012 / 1:11 pm

How sweet – I love the cards for every day of your new job! And those cupcakes look amazing — send some to KY! 🙂

8. Erin
    July 27, 2012 / 1:21 pm

Congratulations on your new adventure!! 🙂

9. Michelle Shuck
    July 27, 2012 / 1:28 pm

Congrats & good luck!! Can't wait to hear how it goes! And what a cute send off from your co-workers! Need to remember those cute ideas to use 🙂

10. megan
    July 27, 2012 / 1:38 pm

Congratulations on the new job! Can't wait to hear more about it! It must have been really hard to leave such great co-workers!

11. Kate
    July 27, 2012 / 1:40 pm

Congratulations on your new chapter! What an exciting time. Your co-workers were so sweet and thoughtful with your first week survival kit!I'm loving your Gator Desktop – Where did you find it? That is a necessity for Football Season

12. Natasha
    July 27, 2012 / 2:00 pm

Congrats sweet girl! Saying goodbye is always hard but I bet your new position will be wonderful 😉

13. the girl in the red shoes
    July 27, 2012 / 2:04 pm

What sweet co-workers you have! And congrats on the new job…I'm sure you'll be all kinds of awesome!

14. Mel (Northern Lights)
    July 27, 2012 / 2:06 pm

SOOOOO flipping excited that your coming to my neck of the woods in Uptown! Lunch dates, walking and flower picking is definitely in store for us! GOOD LUCK on Monday! Love you!

15. Dee Stephens
    July 27, 2012 / 2:29 pm

Uptown!?? We'll have to do lunch soon! What building are you in? I work in the bldg. attached to Capital Grille.Email me and let me know. You might be coming to work at my company??Bank?let me know and congrats!

16. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    July 27, 2012 / 3:18 pm

SO SO exciting!!! all of your going-away-gifts were just too cute! new positions are so fun – the challenge, the excitement of something new! you'll love it, i'm sure!! see ya 'round uptown! xoxox

17. Jordan Cole
    July 27, 2012 / 3:44 pm

Girlfriend, I am so happy for you. When I was puppy sitting in NoDa the other week, I thought of how crazy your commute must be. Can't wait to hear about this new job! So excited for all the changes and new beginnings for both of us! Yay!

18. Elizabeth
    July 27, 2012 / 3:45 pm

Congratulations on your new job!!! Your coworkers are too sweet!

19. Dabay Harding
    July 27, 2012 / 5:44 pm

many many congrats on the new job! i'm sure you'll be missed sorely! I just stumbled upon your blog last week and have been so inspired and motivated by your uplifting posts. As a bride getting married in a few short months, I find your wedding posts particularly inspiring, and you make me basically just want to work harder to be a better person! I'm so happy I found your little corner of the interwebs, and I wish you all the best. I actually hail from KD at SJSU (Gamma Iota chapter!)…no wonder I feel such a bond! :)AOT,Dabay

20. Jess
    July 27, 2012 / 6:01 pm

Congrats on the new job! Thats so exciting!

21. Katie
    July 27, 2012 / 6:27 pm

Congratulations!!! that is awesome! 🙂 LOVE charlotte!

22. Jordan - Queen of LA!
    July 27, 2012 / 6:41 pm

your old work pals are so sweet! congrats on the new opportunity, it sounds great!

23. Kristen Ostow
    July 27, 2012 / 7:00 pm

Congratulations! I agree with a comment above, you're desk is too cute!! Good luck at the new job 🙂 Seems like all things you do turn out great and I'm sure this endeavor will be too!!

24. Samara
    July 27, 2012 / 7:33 pm

So many of us that follow your blog don't know you personally, but I'm sure we'd all agree that you seem like such a sweetheart and we are all very excited for your new journey! Looking forward to reading all about it (and seeing all the fab pictures to go along with it!).

25. Whitney of Washington
    July 27, 2012 / 7:44 pm

Congrats on your new position! What a wonderful way to celebrate!

26. Heather Davidson
    July 27, 2012 / 8:08 pm

congrats on the new job! so exciting. those cupcakes are so cute, love the frosting technique!

27. Leigh Powell Hines (Hines-Sight Blog)
    July 28, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Congratulations on your new job. Exciting!!!

28. Ashley
    July 29, 2012 / 4:05 pm

Congrats on your new job! Hurray for sleeping a little bit longer with a shorter commute. 🙂 I look forward to reading all about your new journey!

29. Pamela
    July 29, 2012 / 7:09 pm

Congratulations!!

30. Amanda
    July 29, 2012 / 10:11 pm

How exciting?! So happy for you and your new adventure. Can't wait to hear all about your new job 🙂

31. Unknown
    July 30, 2012 / 2:29 am

SO bittersweet!! What amazing co-workers you have, err-had. Good luck at your new job!!

32. Nicole-Lynn
    July 30, 2012 / 12:59 pm

Your co-workers were so sweet to make you feel so loved on your final days there! Love the cards for every day at your new job and the goodies! So nice! I'm sure it is bittersweet leaving your old job, but change is good! You have the right attitude! 🙂

33. Colleen
    July 30, 2012 / 2:04 pm

Congratulations honey!! So excited for you!

34. Lindsey
    July 30, 2012 / 4:17 pm

First, your office looks perfect and amazing. Second, your good bye gifts were super thoughtful. and thirdly, congratulations on your new adventure! Starting a new job is very daunting and exciting all at the same time. I'd love if you could link back to the link-up in your post! Thanks for participating! Lindsey

35. Nicholl Vincent
    July 30, 2012 / 4:19 pm

how very exciting! come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com and have a great day!

36. Megan@TwoDelighted
    July 30, 2012 / 9:36 pm

What a fun and exciting time! You are gonna do great at your new job. Also those cupcakes look completely divine!

37. -Emily-
    July 30, 2012 / 11:21 pm

Congrats on the new job! It's always an exciting thing to start a new chapter with new friends and new experiences! 🙂

38. Alyssa
    July 30, 2012 / 11:27 pm

Loving your goodbye gifts!! A different card for every day is so sweet!! Congrats on the new job!

39. Erica
    July 31, 2012 / 4:07 am

Congrats on the new job – hope your first week goes well! Found your blog through the link-up and I adore it – I am your newest follower.

40. Heather
    July 31, 2012 / 6:17 pm

Congrats on the new job! my job story is kind of like yours…I quit my job of 7 years, trusting God with my NEW job! 🙂

41. Alisa Marie
    August 1, 2012 / 2:22 am

New jobs are so much fun, but also very scary! I also work in Marketing, I wouldn't change it for anything! It always keeps you on your feet. Good luck at your new job 🙂

42. Brandy
    August 1, 2012 / 7:39 pm

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like a fun, new adventure!

43. Holly @ Everydays a Holly-Day
    August 2, 2012 / 12:14 am

I'm just poppin in from the link up.What a blessing it is for you to have such an amazing send off. I'm sure you've made some great friendships that will last a lifetime!Good luck at the new job, I give you a TON of credit for starting fresh and presuing your dreams!-Holly @ Everyday's a Holly-Day

44. Arielle
    August 2, 2012 / 4:35 pm

MMM that steak looked delicious! Ha:) And I loved your gator screensaver! 😉 New follower!