Pumpkin Carving Party

Can you believe we are just 9 days away from Halloween?! Matt and I picked up our costumes over the weekend and I am so excited about them. So in the spirit of Halloween, I have some pictures from the pumpkin carving party we attended last week!

L-R: 1. My go-to fall party appetizer – Pumpkin Dip! 2. Cute banner 3. Carving tools 4. Pumpkin carving in process 5. Our pumpkin!

{The Finalists!}

The WINNER! Is this not the cutest pumpkin ever?!

What are you doing for Halloween this year? And what are you dressing up as?!

1. Beth
    October 22, 2012 / 2:39 pm

looks like so much fun! and pumpkin dip? the best thing ever!wish we had done a pumpkin carving party this year…we decided just to eat and drink wine instead.

2. Elaine
    October 22, 2012 / 3:58 pm

Such a fun idea! Some of those pumpkins are intense! I'm proud when I can make a cute smiley face haha.

3. [darci @ the good life]
    October 22, 2012 / 4:15 pm

Ummmm, hello….. OWLS ALWAYS WIN!!! 😉 ;)I love it!! I did an owl last year too (we had a contest with my family – about 8 of us). Of course, my owl won. Hahah1!Y'all are precious – looks like a fun weekend!!!

4. Ashlea Taylor
    October 22, 2012 / 4:35 pm

I don't care how I old I get, I will always love carving pumpkins. And your dip in the pumpkin is so darn cute!

5. Lindsay Nicole
    October 22, 2012 / 5:07 pm

BOOM! Just became your 900th!! follower! Just came across your blog and love it! Look forward to following! And love your pics :)-Lindsaywww.lindsaynicoleblog.com

6. Laura at Simply Lowcountry
    October 22, 2012 / 5:13 pm

Love all the photos. Looks like so much fun! Ya know, I knew Halloween was soon, but 9 days?! Really?? I didn't realize it was that soon.Xo-Lsimplylowcountry.blogspot.com

7. Ashleigh Nichole
    October 22, 2012 / 5:56 pm

I am so jealous. It looks like you all had a blast. The dip looks so yummy! Wanna share? & I think my favorite pumpkin is the skull with flame one 🙂

8. Katrina Hutchins (come+together)
    October 22, 2012 / 6:05 pm

that looks like a Michigan "M"…I'm shocked Matt allowed that! 🙂

9. julia rose.
    October 22, 2012 / 7:25 pm

I LOVE your pumpkins!! And I cannot wait to see pictures of your costumes 🙂

10. Tara
    October 22, 2012 / 7:55 pm

What a fun idea! I've seen this pumpkin dip and it looks oh-so-delicious! I'm going to have to try it 🙂

11. erica
    October 22, 2012 / 9:06 pm

Looks like such a fun party! I have never made pumpkin dip before, but think I definitely need to! xx

12. Anonymous
    October 22, 2012 / 9:09 pm

Good Lord, pumpkin dip…again?

13. Samara
    October 23, 2012 / 4:13 am

Hey,Anonymous,stop being so mean!The husband and I are going as 20s era characters! (Flapper and "gangster") Flapper is done a lot,but I had to go for something easy breezy this year as my schedule is overly packed! Hope you two have a blast!!

14. Amie
    October 23, 2012 / 12:29 pm

Hello, can I get the ingredient measurements and directions for your pumpkin dip? Thank you! Great blog!

15. Megan@TwoDelighted
    October 24, 2012 / 6:24 am

What a fun little party. I wanna go to a pumpkin carving party now! You look presh darling.

16. Leigh Powell Hines
    October 24, 2012 / 10:35 am

I love the owl.Christina, I know you are in Charlotte, but I'm giving away a two-night stay at the Ballantyne right now. You or your friends may be interested. Ends 11/17

17. Faith
    October 24, 2012 / 2:03 pm

Wow, I still can't get over how amazing some people carve pumpkins. I wish I had a costume or that I was dressing up this year. I don't think I will be. :(Maybe next year.

18. My Doyle Life
    October 25, 2012 / 3:25 pm

The pumpkin dip looks yummy! I'm going to have to try this. We are carving pumpkins this weekend. So fun! Yours looks great!