Bahamas Anniversary Cruise

We are back from our anniversary cruise to the Bahamas! What a crazy 3 days…

Day 1: Set Sail

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we invited my family to come celebrate with us! My family loves to party so it was perfect…

Just before we set sail out of Port Canaveral, we took Grandpa out for lunch at his favorite restaurant, Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar, where he could also wave to us as we sailed away!

Other pre-cruise festivities included packing lots and lots of vodka in Listerine bottles. Our first experiment was travel size shampoo containers, but we ended up with so many bottles that we had to change to mouthwash bottles to look more conspicuous. We had a little factory going – fill with vodka, add two drops of green food coloring, one drop of blue, seal the wrapper back on…and ta-da every bottle made it on board!

Adorable, right?! Well, after a night of drinking this little monkey scared the living daylights out of me coming home to!

Night one was pretty crazy. We bar hopped all over the cruise ship.

Day 2: Nassau, Bahamas

Of course, no Nassau trip is complete without a trip to Senor Frogs.

Day 3: A Day at Sea

Sadly we couldn’t dock in Coco Cay as planned because the seas were too rough. However, that didn’t stop us from having a blast on the boat all day!

I should also mention that we also love to dance.

I leave you with the only outtake from the trip that Matt approved for the blog. These next few days I plan to rehydrate, detox and catch up on SLEEP!

1. Nikki
    November 13, 2012 / 1:34 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! I've never been on a cruise!

2. Robin
    November 13, 2012 / 1:47 pm

This trip looks like a BLAST! You look so happy in every picture! I've never been on a cruise, but this makes me want to go on one so badly!! And thanks for the Listerine tip!

3. Laura at Simply Lowcountry
    November 13, 2012 / 1:50 pm

You had such cute outfits planned for your trip!!! Happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. I want a vacation :)Xo-Lsimplylowcountry.blogspot.com

4. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    November 13, 2012 / 1:57 pm

Your trip looks like SO much fun! You looked amazing in all of your cute outfits! We went to Senor Frogs this Spring on our anniversary trip: I was crying laughing it was so funny in there! Glad you had a great trip πŸ™‚

5. Samara
    November 13, 2012 / 1:58 pm

1. Glad you guys had such a fabulous anniversary cruise!2. I love your relationship with your Grandpa. So sweet!3. You and your sister are so adorable together! I'm super envious as I do not have a sister. :-)4. Love the starfish photo.5. GREAT idea for the vodka! I think I've seen that in Pinterest,buy I'd never seen it in action so I was unsure as to whether it actually worked! Marvelous!That is all. πŸ™‚

6. Nikki
    November 13, 2012 / 2:01 pm

Looks like a great trip! Love that you were able to sneak vodka on the ship in mouthwash bottles.

7. Erin
    November 13, 2012 / 2:09 pm

Oh my goodness, looks like a party and a half!! SO much fun! I was cracking up over the mouthwash bottles, never would have thought of that! I've never been on a cruise but we've been talking about doing one sometime in the next couple years w/ my hubby's family! PS- love your dress at Senor frogs!

8. Megan@TwoDelighted
    November 13, 2012 / 2:23 pm

Looks like y'all had a ball. I have never been on a cruise and they always seem so fun. It is awesome that your family came. I bet that made it so much better. Nice to see Matt letting loose a bit in that last picture. πŸ˜‰

9. Leigh Powell Hines
    November 13, 2012 / 3:10 pm

I laughed so hard about the monkey. That is hysterical.I cannot believe you all were able to seal the bottles, impressive. Matt must be learning things from his clients. Ha!! Great photos. I love the oversized chairs, too.

10. Amanda
    November 13, 2012 / 3:20 pm

How much fun! Looks like you guys had a blast celebrating your anny πŸ™‚

11. Maggie
    November 13, 2012 / 3:34 pm

Thanks for the laugh this morning! Reminds me of senior spring break… Listerine bottles are the ticket! Glad you had a great trip πŸ™‚

12. Jordan Cole
    November 13, 2012 / 3:35 pm

I had fun on your cruise just seeing these pictures! Such fun photos, makes we wish for warm weather again! And the mouthwash vodka…GENIUS!

13. Brianna Tucker
    November 13, 2012 / 4:02 pm

Where did you leave from. We are looking at cruise vacations!

14. Dee Stephens
    November 13, 2012 / 4:29 pm

YAY for sneaking booze on! Brad smuggled his(remember I couldn't drink)in water bottles, then by putting one in the bottom of his shaving kit. We couldn't believe it made it through!So, no stop at Atlantis while in the Bahamas??Love all your dresses. Looks like a FUN time!!

15. April of A. Liz Adventures
    November 13, 2012 / 4:33 pm

Aw, what a fun time! How cool is that that you can ask your family to join in due to the fact that they are all partiers … too funny. How do you reseal the bottles?! Ingenius.

16. Rachel Silski
    November 13, 2012 / 5:30 pm

Glad you had fun. This makes me wanna plan one now! 5 year? Who knows!

17. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    November 13, 2012 / 5:34 pm

i was too busy flying through the pictures to read and kept thinking "damn those kids like clean mouths". haha when really it is "damn those kids love them some vodky". My kind of people πŸ™‚ Looks like a great trip!

18. Caitlin
    November 13, 2012 / 7:16 pm

It looks like you all had a blast! I love all of your outfits and accessories! Such a fun and loving couple πŸ™‚

19. Mel (Northern Lights)
    November 13, 2012 / 7:29 pm

LOVE THESE PICS!! Can't wait to see the other outtakes haha.

20. Sarah
    November 13, 2012 / 7:47 pm

Um, you guys look like a whole lotta fun and I want to join your next vacay!! Love the mouthwash bottles and so clever to add the food coloring!

21. Amanda @ Eloquent English
    November 13, 2012 / 7:57 pm

Oh my gosh so much fun! I so want to go on a cruise!

22. Faith
    November 13, 2012 / 8:32 pm

Your trip looks like an absolute blast! I love how happy you look!Your pictures are beautiful!!!

23. YΓΌz Germe
    November 14, 2012 / 5:39 am

It is this type of interesting thing with this post of yours. I had been interested with all the topic along with the flow in the story. Keep up to date the truly amazing work.YΓΌz Germe

24. Wine and Summer
    November 14, 2012 / 1:26 pm

That looks so amazing! Sounds like you had a blast! You jealous! Just found your blog! I'm your newest follower!

25. Ashleigh Nichole
    November 14, 2012 / 4:20 pm

Looks like you all had a blast! I am so very jealous… I wanna be on that boat with you all having those amazing drinks & wearing those cute little adorable dresses plus dancing hello fun party all day long πŸ™‚ Glad you all had a great time!

26. Lauren {everyday ATLAS}
    November 14, 2012 / 11:01 pm

Well, this is the first time I'm visiting your blog and I am already cracking up at this vodka mouthwash thing. WHAT A GENIUS!I once was on an Alaskan cruise and when we stopped in Canada I got off of the ship and got two bottles of beer that I took the metal cap off of, held tight between my legs under my skirt and waddled VERY carefully back on through security and all. It was so obnoxious. I wasn't 21 yet so I couldn't drink on the ship, but I could have just found some old dude to buy me something instead of going to crazy lengths to get a beer. Anyway. HI, I'm Lauren and I am totally following you now.

27. Melissa
    November 14, 2012 / 11:53 pm

Love the mouthwash idea! Too funny! This makes me want to go on a cruise now.

28. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    November 15, 2012 / 2:39 am

TOO FUN! i'm glad y'all had a blast! xoxox

29. Fash Boulevard
    November 16, 2012 / 7:09 am

ahhhh, so fun. I've done this cruise twice now and it's always a freaking blast. yall are too darn cute. Adore this post. Thanks for sharing, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xowww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

30. Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 / 10:07 pm

I have to know how you re-sealed the bottles!

31. Jess
    November 18, 2012 / 10:26 pm

Ah! I've ALWAYS wanted to go on a crusie and this post just made me want to even more so! Glad you had a blast and now onto new adventures of moving into a house! Yippee!

32. Nicole-Lynn
    December 14, 2012 / 7:06 pm

OMG how funny is that last picture!? hahaha We went on a cruise for our 1 year anniversary too πŸ™‚ So fun!