Christmas Card Display

Nothing brings instant holiday cheer like reaching into your mailbox to find a pile of Christmas cards from family and friends. I love to send cards and I absolutely love receiving them. This year I decided to festively display my cards on a few strands of ribbon in my kitchen. These clutter-free card holders were super easy to make and I love how they decorate my home!

You will need

10 feet of 3-inch wide wire ribbon

9.5 feet of 2-inch wide ribbon

Buttons in various sizes

Mini clothes pins

Hot glue gun

Directions

1. Cut a length of the 3-inch ribbon to fit the height of the door or space you will hang the card holders on. I cut my center ribbon to 4 feet, and the right and left pieces to 3 feet.

2. Cut your 2-inch ribbon to almost match the length of your 3-inch ribbon pieces. I cut these pieces 2 inches shorter than my other pieces.

3. Carefully glue your 2-inch pieces down the center of each 3-inch piece.

4. Glue your clothes pins down the ribbon. I used a Christmas card to measure the distance between the pins.

5. Add buttons and bows to your ribbon.

6. Hang your cards up!

To adhere the ribbon to the wall, I used Command picture hanging Velcro.

How do you display your Christmas cards?

1. Samantha Lynne
    December 18, 2012 / 1:32 pm

This is so cute. Im def going to make myself one of these :)xoSamanthabetterblondesam.blogspot.com

2. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    December 18, 2012 / 1:45 pm

So cute! I've never displayed mine before but I think I might next year. They are sitting in a bowl in our foyer to peer through. My sister made display this year that says merry mail and I asked her to make me one too!

3. Laura at Simply Lowcountry
    December 18, 2012 / 1:47 pm

That is such a cute idea!! I saw a great idea on Pinterest to punch holes in cards, and make little books out of them. I wish we'd done that with all the cards we received for our wedding! Looks great with the ribbon and a great way to show off all the ones you've received. I never send cards- I should probably start sometime. xo-Lsimplylowcountry.blogspot.com

4. Ashley @ Lets Get Bananas
    December 18, 2012 / 2:04 pm

OMG I need this!!!! So cute! I always just have a pile of cards sitting on my counter and never know what to do with them – this is the perfect idea to display them! Booking marking this to make it for next year!

5. Megan@TwoDelighted
    December 18, 2012 / 2:12 pm

I am with Laura. I feel like if I start sending cards then I would receive more. Beautiful display and I love the ribbon you chose. Mine are all junky on my fridge. 🙂

6. Pamela
    December 18, 2012 / 2:19 pm

LOVE!!

7. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    December 18, 2012 / 2:35 pm

i love it! i'm going to have to do this since mine are all sitting in a pile on the kitchen counter :(maybe i'll give it a go with a strong magnet on the fridge?

8. Mel (Northern Lights)
    December 18, 2012 / 7:07 pm

I need to make these! I love how simple this was to make. How did you get your bows to look so good? Another suggestion is to sew the buttons on the ribbons to secure them together.

9. Dee Stephens
    December 18, 2012 / 11:18 pm

I use ribbons too but not the clothes pins. Like that idea! looks GREAT!

10. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    December 19, 2012 / 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sad that we didn't get with the program in time to send cards this year. Next year will be a for sure, except Corey wants to do funny cards and I want to do pretty ones. We shall see who prevails. Love the display!!

11. Natalia
    December 19, 2012 / 9:11 pm

Adorable! Mine are currently strewn all over the counter… not quite as cute, so say the least!

12. Tricia
    December 20, 2012 / 1:24 pm

What a great way to display! I had big hopes for displaying my cards this year, but sadly I don't have nearly as much as I did last year. Let's hope these next few days brings lots of mail. 🙂

13. Nicole-Lynn
    December 28, 2012 / 7:35 pm

Looks so good! I had the hardest time hanging ours (garland style) above our t.v. as they kept falling from just using tape! I finally caved and bought the command hooks, hid them with snowflake ornaments and twine bows. I'll post pics soon.

14. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    January 4, 2013 / 2:44 pm

Such a clever idea… Thanks for sharing!x

15. Joanna Shoemaker
    August 15, 2013 / 5:35 am

I just found your blog & I'm loving everything I'm seeing!!! Now, onto this idea. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it & can't wait to make one to use for my 2013 Christmas cards. I, like so many of the others, have mine piled in a basket or I just tape them to a doorway leading into my kitchen from my living room. They look ok that way, but this would make them so much more important. AND…I already know exactly where I'm going to hang it!!!