Santa Came Early!

Apparently I escaped the naughty list this year because Santa came early and brought me a new
Volkswagen Jetta! We picked her up Tuesday and I’ve been zipping around town with the sunroof down ever since! I just love it!

I will say, purchasing a new car was bittersweet. I actually kinda enjoyed the whole “one car family” thing the past couple months. Not only did I get to spend more time with the hubs in the morning, I also got dropped off right outside my office building, saving me from walking to and from the parking lot a few blocks away {very helpful when running late}.

With hectic work schedules, we learned that our hours are very different which can be a little frustrating when it’s 5:30 pm and I am ready to get home but he wants to stay much later. However, we have decided to continue to carpool on days I stay late for events.

You may recall the post I wrote a few months ago about my car history {here} when we purchased a new car for Matt. So you can imagine my excitement when my new car came with upgrades such as heated seats, sunroof, touch screen, fancy key etc. Now I can’t believe I ever lived without these amenities! Even at 73 degrees in Charlotte, I can’t help but use my seat warmers – because they are awesome.

I am still not sure what to name her. Any
ideas?

And yes, I have a personalized license
plate that I will never part with no matter how old I get. If you are wondering
why there is a β€œ4”included, it was the number of championships Florida won
while I was there {2 basketball + 2 football}. Go Gators.

Santa also told me that since I got a car,
a vacation and a house this year, I am maxed out on gifts until 2017. I did
negotiate a stocking though.

1. Nikki
    December 6, 2012 / 2:27 pm

Congrats on the new car, it looks great. And heated seats are the best!

2. Bri Buzali
    December 6, 2012 / 2:36 pm

Congrats on the new car! I have a Jetta too and absolutely LOVE it, and yes, I use the heated seats in 70 degree weather too! haha

3. The Pink Growl
    December 6, 2012 / 2:37 pm

Nice! One of my Bff's just got a new Jetta too – very nice!

4. Valerie Griffin
    December 6, 2012 / 3:04 pm

yay!

5. Katie
    December 6, 2012 / 3:31 pm

haha πŸ™‚ at least you negotiated a stocking! And I love your car! beautiful. I got a car for Christmas a few years ago, from the hubs, its kinda hard to top those kinds of gifts πŸ™‚ Too bad we're still paying for it…lolhave a great day!xo

6. Rachel Silski
    December 6, 2012 / 3:31 pm

Congrats on the new car! I feel your pain in walking to work..it is not fun!

7. julia rose.
    December 6, 2012 / 3:33 pm

Eeeek!! Congratulations- it's BEAUTIFUL!! And I'm diggin' Judy the Jetta… or Jerry, depends on if it's a boy or girl of course πŸ˜‰

8. Kassidy
    December 6, 2012 / 3:52 pm

Congrats on the new toy! I love the personalized plate too, it's always nice when people rep their alma mater!Speaking of which, Go Noles!!! πŸ˜‰

9. Erin
    December 6, 2012 / 4:24 pm

WOoohoooooo! How awesome- love your new car! And love the personalized plate too, you are way too cute πŸ˜‰

10. Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren
    December 6, 2012 / 4:26 pm

Beautiful! Haha glad you got the stocking! You gotta play hardball with Mr. Claus sometimes!

11. Catherine
    December 6, 2012 / 6:05 pm

Lucky girl! Great job on those negotiation skills – a girls gotta have SOMETHING to open on Christmas morning πŸ™‚

12. Erica
    December 6, 2012 / 6:24 pm

Congrats on the new car!! I have a Jetta almost identical to yours but mine is black and I love it!

13. Mel (Northern Lights)
    December 6, 2012 / 7:27 pm

Love Love LOVE the new car πŸ™‚ Congrats! Such an awesome feeling, right πŸ™‚

14. megan
    December 6, 2012 / 8:43 pm

Sweet car! I am longing for the day when I get a new car with heated seats!

15. Laura at Simply Lowcountry
    December 6, 2012 / 9:03 pm

Amazing!!! Congrats on that.Xo-Lsimplylowcountry.blogspot.com

16. Brooke
    December 7, 2012 / 10:05 am

So cute! Congrats!!! I am doing a Holiday Giveaway from Sephora! Hope you stop by and enter!Happy Holidays,Brookeβ™₯ ❀ β₯

17. Virginia Belle
    December 7, 2012 / 2:02 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful new car! I have a 2009 Jetta that I am still madly in love with, so I have a feeling you will love yours too πŸ™‚

18. Samara
    December 7, 2012 / 3:01 pm

Your post is so adorable and funny! CONGRATS!!!! Love that you name your cars–I still have to name mine and she's 6 months old! (Thank God she isn't a real child, lol)Love the monogrammed keychain. Hmm, what else? Oh yes, Santa will not be bringing gifts to me either after the car purchase and a surprise new tv for the bedroom when I was away with my mom on a spa weekend. πŸ™‚ Aren't seat warmers the best??? :)Have a lovely weekend, friend!Samara

19. Whitney of Washington
    December 7, 2012 / 3:15 pm

Congrats! Such a pretty new car! πŸ™‚ Even though I'm a TN fan, I can totally apprecaite a die hard fan…love the personalized plate! Enjoy the new wheels!

20. May
    December 9, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Love it! So jealous πŸ™‚

21. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    December 10, 2012 / 3:38 pm

CONGRATS girl, how exciting!!!I have always loved VW, such reliable cars – enjoy driving around!P.S. Interesting comment from Anon above!x

22. Stelle Courney
    December 10, 2012 / 7:33 pm

Oooh, your Jetta is so gorgeous! Have you named her already? I'm pretty sure you can't thank Santa enough with this early and very pretty gift. Have you gone to a road trip with your new ride? That would be so much fun! =)

23. Nicole-Lynn
    December 14, 2012 / 6:56 pm

Having a new car is the BEST feeling! Looks so nice! btw– I'm a Noles fan but I wont judge πŸ˜‰ haha

24. Samantha Lynne
    December 17, 2012 / 8:32 pm

Super cute car. Go Gators :)xoSamanthabetterblondesam.blogspot.com

25. Timmy Radloff
    January 16, 2013 / 10:22 pm

It really pays to be a good girl! Santa must have been very proud of you that’s why he gave you such an expensive gift! Now, I’m inspired to be a good girl this year.