Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies

Surprise! I have another delicious Valentine recipe for ya!

Earlier this week I asked Matt what sort of Valentine treat he
wanted me to bake this year. I gave him several cake, cupcake and cookie
options and he surprisingly said “I want those amazing chocolate heart
cookies you made last year!” That was great news for me because the rest
of the options were going to take a lot more work.

Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 tablespoon water

1 egg

2 tablespoons sugar

36 heart-shaped milk chocolate candies

Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water
and egg until dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls; roll in sugar.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until
light golden brown. Immediately press chocolate candy into top of each cookie.
Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes,
before storing in tightly covered container.

Yields
3 dozen cookies.

I must say, these heart cookies are super addicting. Anytime there
is a combination of peanut butter and chocolate, I lose all will power to have just one.  I think these may just
have to be a Valentine tradition in our home.

1. Catherine
    February 13, 2013 / 2:25 pm

I was looking for the perfect treat to bring into work tomorrow – and I think you've inspired me! Thanks!

2. Laurie @ The Rookie Wife
    February 13, 2013 / 2:46 pm

I made these! But the candy ended up melting. Maybe I put them on the hot cookies too soon. They were still yummy:)

3. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    February 13, 2013 / 4:43 pm

Ok forget the waffles. Now I want these cookies. Crap I might need to make these tonight. Gorgeous pictures by the way!

4. Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket
    February 13, 2013 / 4:55 pm

Those cookies look completely delicious! and you make them look so easy to make

5. Bekah Walsh
    February 13, 2013 / 5:10 pm

Love using the heart chocolates for this! It's a shame my hubby isn't a fam of chocolate… I still need to figure out what to make for him.

6. Mel (Northern Lights)
    February 13, 2013 / 9:53 pm

my MOUTH is watering. Please bring me one tomorrow, seriously. Coffee date? Yes, I'm askin via blog. Actually, I'm taking Aubree.. Friday?

7. Megan@TwoDelighted
    February 14, 2013 / 12:21 am

These look sooo yum. I have a little bit of a weakness for these peanut butter and chocolate cookies. I don't blame Matt for a minute. Have a fantastic Valentines Day honey!

8. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    February 14, 2013 / 2:36 am

It's a good thing I'm just reading this recipe now, or else I would have stopped by the store to pick up the ingredients. Haven't had a peanut butter cookie in a while…yum!

9. Samara
    February 14, 2013 / 2:50 pm

Looks just perfect, like all your stuff! 🙂 Love the pictures with the milk glass in them. (They look like advertisements!) 🙂 Happy Valentine's Day!

10. Jamie-Leigh W
    March 7, 2013 / 6:24 pm

Yum, Will have to try these out one day. Thanks for the recepie. ~ Jamie-Leigh confessionsofaprimarkaddict.blogspot.co.uk

11. Shahzad Sajjad
    August 13, 2015 / 4:07 pm

Hey there such a amazing post We have discover along with imagine me personally Image browsing away just for this comparable kind of post intended for prior 7 days along with rarely discovered this kind of.goldline salt cell