Valentine Breakfast {in under 5 minutes}!

I’ve noticed that the older I get, the less
of a “morning person” I am becoming. On average, I snooze my alarm clock for at
least 45 minutes every morning {the
husband looooves it} and once I do
get up, my first stop is the coffee pot.

Since Valentine’s Day falls during the
workweek this year, I decided to surprise Matt with an early V-Day breakfast
this past Sunday. Last year, I spent hours
perfecting cake batter pancakes {read
about it here}
. However, this year I got clever and spent a grand total of 5 minutes preparing a plate of festive
heart shaped waffles.

My secret…

Yep, Aunt Jemima helped me out. All I had
to do was toast and cut ‘em!

And Matt loved
it. He didn’t even have a clue that it took me less than 5 minutes to
prepare…well, until he asked for seconds {ergh}.

Because it was so quick and easy to pull
off, I may even surprise the hubs with round two on Thursday morning.

Are you making a special breakfast for
someone on Thursday?

1. Faith
    February 12, 2013 / 2:10 pm

that is so sweet! i should so do something sweet like this since it is also hubby's birthday. i've also come to realize that everything looks better in the shape of a heart.

2. Nicole {Appalachian Charm}
    February 12, 2013 / 2:17 pm

Don't you hate when husbands spoil the secrets, even when they don't mean to 😉 Those are the cutest hearts and you can't go wrong with Aunt Jemima!

3. Brianna Tucker
    February 12, 2013 / 2:19 pm

Andrew is out of town so I will Spend valentines alone this year. However we are celebrating on Saturday when he comes back.

4. KatiePerk
    February 12, 2013 / 2:26 pm

Great idea!! I am making a heartshaped fruit salad, where you just cut the fruit out with a cookie cutter. These would be cute together.

5. Ashley Barnhill
    February 12, 2013 / 3:38 pm

This turned out so cute!! I think I'm going to do this on Thursday since it's quick and easy. Thanks for the idea!

6. megan
    February 12, 2013 / 3:39 pm

So cute! I'm going to be on the lookout for a heart shaped cookie cutter tomorrow while I'm out shopping!

7. Brooke Norville
    February 12, 2013 / 3:44 pm

What a sweet wife you are! The waffles looked adorable and sure they were tasty;) I am going to be out of town Thursday for work but planning to leave something heart shaped in the fridge for him to find. Our tradition is heart shaped pizza for V-Day dinner but having to wait until the weekend for that…

8. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    February 12, 2013 / 5:32 pm

Fabulous idea! We love special breakfasts for holidays and weekends too:)

February 12, 2013 / 6:52 pm

These are THE cutest thing! I might have to make these for my honey on Thursday… it's not just Valentine's for us but, our (dating) anniversary as well!

10. Jordan Cole
    February 13, 2013 / 12:19 am

These look so good, Ben would love them…breakfast is his favorite!! I unfortunately have never really been a fan of Valentines Day, but we are planning a movie date. 🙂 I'm attempting…ha!

11. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    February 13, 2013 / 4:42 pm

Haha this is what I like to see! Make easy things special! Excellent work Christina, and now you really made me want waffles.

12. Tara
    February 13, 2013 / 6:45 pm

Brilliant idea! 🙂

13. Samara
    February 14, 2013 / 2:52 pm

So sweet! I leave work earlier than my husband, so on the counter I left a picture of us, two red mugs with chalkboards on them (with our nicknames we gave eachother early on in our courtship), and a couple of cheese danishes that I cut out from a heart-shaped cookie cutter!