Home Updates I

I know I owe you all a thorough recap of the best bachelorette weekend I’ve ever been a part of and I promise to write a post later this week when I’m done traveling for work. Until then, I have a few home updates for ya…

We bought a couch! I owe a huge thank you to those who left glowing comments {on this post} about Bassett Furniture. The service and quality Bassett offered was something we couldn’t pass up. We spent a bit more than we had hoped, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much fun I had playing in fabric swatches, picking out legs, pillows, cushions, arm styles and more! We were able to  construct the perfect custom sofa to fit our living room! Oh, and I was cautious in picking an upholstered couch over a slip cover until I found out Bassett offers a 5 year stain guarantee. They will come out and spot clean any stain! Sold! Now we just have to wait 6 whole weeks for our beauty to arrive.

After 4 months, we finally found the perfect head chairs for our dining room table at World Market! And now that our table is finally complete you can expect that DIY Farmhouse Table tutorial I’ve been promising to debut sometime next week!

I snagged a $5 rug from West Elm {in the clearance section} for the kitchen.

We hung botanical prints in the master and guest bathroom. I found these framed flowers for $10 each at an estate sale.

New knobs {$8/set} from World Market for our laundry room cabinets!

We added a gorgeous upholstered headboard to our guest bed that was gifted to us by my sweet friend {Kristen}!

and a bright yellow rug {$188} from Rugs USA.

More updates to come soon!

1. Bekah @ reΒ·solve
    April 16, 2013 / 12:40 pm

I love your taste! Everything is so pretty! Glad you found a sofa – that stain guarantee is incredible!

2. the girl in the red shoes
    April 16, 2013 / 12:41 pm

LOVE everything! Can't wait to see the couch!

3. Dee Stephens
    April 16, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Gosh! Everything looks fabulous! We need to have lunch soon now that I'm back in the building!

4. Mrs. K
    April 16, 2013 / 12:42 pm

Glad you went to Bassett! You won't regret it…we literally have had our Bassett furniture for going on 5 years and it still looks brand new. Enjoy!

5. Pamela
    April 16, 2013 / 1:00 pm

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the headboard!

6. Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/
    April 16, 2013 / 1:12 pm

I love your look! Very creative! I am new from southerncharm! Have a great day, Nicole!

7. April of A. Liz Adventures
    April 16, 2013 / 1:37 pm

Looking awesome. Really, really awesome. I am thinking that our next couch may need to be from Basset. I love that one you chose!

8. Nicole-Lynn
    April 16, 2013 / 2:35 pm

How exciting you found your sofa! It's going to look so nice in your space. Did you make your headboard? It's beautiful and looks great in your guest room. Everything looks great! πŸ™‚

9. The Wanna-be Southern Belle
    April 16, 2013 / 2:39 pm

awesome girl, it all looks really good. pretty prints/wall decor is hard to find. great find on those botanicals!

10. Sarah Elizabeth
    April 16, 2013 / 2:39 pm

wow, I'm loving everything so far! that couch is gorgeous and that moroccan tile fabric is perfect! Can't wait for the table tutorial- I've been wanting to make one of those for forever!

11. Ashley Barnhill
    April 16, 2013 / 2:53 pm

Can't wait to see this couch! Come decorate my house, please?!

12. Kelly
    April 16, 2013 / 2:57 pm

I can't wait for the farmhouse table tutorial! I've been telling my boyfriend about ever since you first posted pictures. We are moving this weekend and I'm dying for him to build me one πŸ™‚

13. Wedding Planner Class
    April 16, 2013 / 3:11 pm

Love that headboard! Where did you get it?Also, my husband is building our farmhouse table right now! What color stain did you use?

• Carolina Charm
      April 18, 2013 / 8:57 pm

Minwax Special Walnut! Post coming next week! πŸ™‚

14. Natasha
    April 16, 2013 / 3:28 pm

the house is looking gorgeous my friend…so many classic touches that are perfect!

15. Kelly
    April 16, 2013 / 3:31 pm

Wow, everything looks amazing girl! I love the vase on your dining room table, where did you find it?

16. Jordan Cole
    April 16, 2013 / 3:43 pm

We just bought those knobs to spruce up our dresser in our bedroom! World Market is going to make me broke…as I am getting ready to leave for another trip soon!

17. Rachel
    April 16, 2013 / 4:20 pm

So excited to see the tutorial for your kitchen table! Make sure and let us know where you got your other chairs from! I love the idea of mismatched chairs πŸ™‚

18. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    April 16, 2013 / 5:05 pm

Love it all! Gorgeous job Christina! That sofa is fantastic looking.

19. Jen
    April 16, 2013 / 5:12 pm

Can't wait to see your finished sofa. I just love that fabric swatch!! And I can't wait to see your farmhouse table tutorial. I found one on Pinterest about a month ago and am trying to convince Rick to make one for me. I'd love to see how you made yours before we get started πŸ™‚

20. Colleen Sullivan
    April 16, 2013 / 6:07 pm

I love your updates! The botanical prints were such a steal!

21. Tara {The Silver Lining}
    April 16, 2013 / 6:17 pm

Your house looks so beautiful! I just got chairs from World Market too for our breakfast table and love them! I just posted about it. I want to eventually change out our chairs in the dining room too. I love you mix around your dining table. Where did you get the x back wooden chairs?

22. Valerie Griffin
    April 16, 2013 / 9:55 pm

so pretty!

23. Emily Owens
    April 16, 2013 / 11:35 pm

Love ALL OF IT!!! Oh man, where have i been, i love your blog so so much!!!!! You basically have all of the furniture i want haha πŸ™‚ Emily @ hopefulwandering.blogspot.com

24. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    April 16, 2013 / 11:43 pm

Ooh !! Love everything that you just posted. I can't wait to read about your weekend and see your sunburn, I mean tan πŸ™‚

25. Tricia
    April 17, 2013 / 12:22 am

Love everything. I'm on a mad search for a new sofa, after the one we just paid too much money for just three months ago, makes me eyes burn each time I look at it. I hate it that much. I never thought of trying Bassett's furniture. So good to hear they have great customer service. I'll definitely take a look at their store. Thanks! πŸ™‚

26. Megan@TwoDelighted
    April 17, 2013 / 12:25 pm

That is one gooooood lookin sofa couch. Oh yes it is. So fun to be making decisions and getting stuff done. Sometimes I want to get a new house so I can start over.

27. Melissa
    April 17, 2013 / 1:06 pm

I love your decorating style! Everything in your house looks great!

28. Jennifer B
    April 17, 2013 / 6:01 pm

i love all of your updates – i have been looking for a yellow rug like that! thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

29. Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren
    April 17, 2013 / 10:36 pm

I really wanna know more about that table! I still don't have a dining room table because I am picky but I love yours! It is getting hard without a dining room table haha!

30. Allison
    April 20, 2013 / 1:54 am

I love your updates. I can't wait to see your table project next week. And where are your kitchen chairs from? I've been looking for something similar!!