Loving Lately

A few things I am loving lately…

Target Finds: All of which were unnecessary, but I grabbed them anyway. Target will totally do that to you. I made a trip for one thing and left with new sunglasses, a pair of cute spatulas, a $1 lime dish towel and two $1 rolls of wrapping paper. I swear that dollar section gets me every time.

Fruit Skewers: The perfect dessert for a BBQ. Just alternate strawberries with angel food cake and top with magic shell chocolate.

Seche Vite: I owe April 100% credit on this one. After raving about this product {here}, {here} and {here}, I finally decided to pick up a bottle of Seche Vite during my last trip to Ulta. Let me start by saying this top coat lives up to the hype. For a girl who pants her nails in bed and wakes up with tons of creases, this polish has been revolutionary. Not only does this seal your polish for a professional look, it fully dries in less than a minute and my manicures now lasts up to a week without chipping! For $8 a bottle, this top coat is worth every single penny. I can’t believe I waited so long to try it!

Texas Caviar:
Mix 1 can black eyed peas {drained & rinsed}, 1 can sweet corn, 1
can garbanzo beans, 1 small red onion {diced}, 1 small green bell pepper
{diced}, 1 medium tomato {diced}, 2 tbsp green onion, 1/4 cup minced
cilantro, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp kosher salt
and juice of half a lime.

Weekend in Charleston: Tomorrow morning a group of rowdy girls will be departing for a weekend of Bachelorette fun in Kiawah Island!

1. Suzanne S.
    April 11, 2013 / 12:55 pm

I love that wrapping paper and the lime dish tower. Great finds!xoxoSuzanne from written by suzanne

2. Lobster Meets Peach
    April 11, 2013 / 1:05 pm

Heading to Target this morning and I am hoping that I can keep to my list but now I am not so sure;)

3. Kelly
    April 11, 2013 / 1:24 pm

I think I'm going to have to try that top-coat!Enjoy your trip to Kiawah! It looks like it's going to be a pretty nice weekend around here 🙂

4. Natasha
    April 11, 2013 / 1:28 pm

ohhh i NEED that top nail polish for sure…yes, i am the one who wakes up with creases even after letting them dry for 45 minutes :/

5. Jordan Cole
    April 11, 2013 / 2:07 pm

Give Charleston a big hug for me please! And yes, that Target $1 spot is shopping in it's deadliest form!

6. Dee Stephens
    April 11, 2013 / 2:10 pm

Texas caviar is a Summer staple for us!

7. girlgrowingup.com
    April 11, 2013 / 2:13 pm

Okay, I am so with on Target… I tihnk they cater to girls like us… I have yet to see a man stop in the dollar section and pick out five rolls of wrapping paper. In my defense, it was Christmas time, they had chevron, and chevron was the new thing… I couldn't help but buy a few rolls! PS: Still dyyyying to hear how that Jillian Michaels thing went!-Chelsea at girlgrowingup.com

8. Ashley Barnhill
    April 11, 2013 / 2:19 pm

Those skewers are genius!! I love them!

9. rama
    April 11, 2013 / 2:21 pm

Wow!I am going to try getting the top coat, as I too find my nail polish not lasting more than a day. Thanks for sharing it here.

10. megan
    April 11, 2013 / 2:40 pm

No way!! I work on Kiawah! Definitely need to get that top coat, stat.

11. Michelle
    April 11, 2013 / 3:10 pm

I may have to make a trip to Target sometime soon; all of your finds are SO cute! And your Texas Cavier recipes sounds delicious; in my family we have a similar recipe called Cowboy Cavier that uses avocado instead of garbanzo beans. I will have to try your version too!

12. Bekah @ re·solve
    April 11, 2013 / 3:48 pm

My mom-in-law makes that salsa as well…it is awesome! And Seche Vite is a beautiful product! I discovered it years ago when I worked for ULTA and have never found anything better! 🙂

13. Tara {The Silver Lining}
    April 11, 2013 / 4:39 pm

Okay, I did not see that wrapping paper at my Target! I want it, and hopefully will find some on my next trip. Dang you Targe!! haha Those fruit skewers are a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing that top coat nail polish. I always have the same problems as you!!

14. Denise
    April 11, 2013 / 5:10 pm

Target is my happy place!!

15. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    April 11, 2013 / 5:34 pm

YES! I'll sing the praises of seche vite all day long! I'm totally with you – 10:30 is always optimal nail painting time in my mind too!Have SO much fun in Charleston! I figured it was this weekend since Matt's having his boys crash at the house for a master's party! Gotta schedule a date soon – the boys are getting antsy!

16. Valerie Griffin
    April 11, 2013 / 7:18 pm

love those sunglasses!

17. April of A. Liz Adventures
    April 11, 2013 / 8:26 pm

Yes, yes, yes on the Seche Vite … and oh my goodness, I mentioned it AGAIN on my blog again today – I am a Seche-Vite-lovin'-broken-record! Haha!Awesome seeing you on Tuesday and I'll look forward to seeing you again soon (although OMG did you see that he won't be teaching there after this month?!?!).

18. aHc
    April 11, 2013 / 9:41 pm

The Texas Caviar and Fruit Skewers look really yummy!! And I love target, great finds!!xoxo,aHcwonderfulseabreeze.blogspot.com

19. Maran (HeyHawleywood)
    April 12, 2013 / 12:15 am

Ooh you crazy girls have fun!!!!! Can't wait to get a full recap!

20. Colleen Sullivan
    April 12, 2013 / 2:38 am

After reading this this morning I went to Target and bought some of the wrapping paper! My Target didn't have the same prints but I picked up some cute chevron ones instead. Thanks for sharing!

21. Ashleigh
    April 12, 2013 / 3:26 am

Have fun on your weekend trip 🙂 & Target always makes people buy more then they planned on to begin with..

22. YUMMommy
    April 13, 2013 / 8:23 pm

I am guilty of getting caught up that dollar section at the front of the Target stores.

23. Samara
    April 14, 2013 / 12:35 am

Your Texas Caviar pics are gorgeous! I need to try that top coat polish! Hope you're having a great time. Enjoying the pics on Instagram. Cheers!Samarawww.samaraevangeline.blogspot.comwww.grimeglitzglam.blogspot.com

24. Nicole-Lynn
    April 16, 2013 / 2:37 pm

I love making those skewers! So easy and delicious! I'm looking forward to a Charleston recap! We're going with another couple in July, so I need some ideas! 🙂