The past few days I’ve been extra tired due to Caroline’s new favorite hobby of not sleeping the past few nights. That girl is so afraid she’s going to miss out on something if she nods off for a bit. Anyway, I am ready for this new schedule in our Moms on Call program to take so I can get back to our long precious stretches of sleep she was giving us on her previous schedule. Any other MOC users experience a sleep regression during the schedule change at 8 weeks?

Anyway, speaking of not sleeping, I am such a grouch when I don’t get my sleep. And not just a morning grouch but an all day grouch. Poor Matt, he’s learned how to delicately handle me in the mornings after a sleepless night. Last night during one of the shifts (I think it was the 2:30 am shift) I reached over and grabbed the monitor and threw it over to Matt’s side of the bed in an it’s-your-turn gesture. So sweet, right? Anyway, he’s such a saint and graciously got up every hour last night for me to change diapers and feed the little one.

That brings me to thankfulness. Sometimes I just don’t tell him how much I appreciate him. And after reading this article this morning I decided that tomorrow I am going to surprise him with a day of thank you notes. He certainly deserves to know how much I appreciate him and I wish I were better about telling him more often. So tomorrow it is on – thank you day. Watch out mirrors, truck, coffee mugs, lunch box, brief case and remote, I’m coming for ya with some sticky notes…

Feel free to join me, even if you tell your man how much you appreciate him all the time, he still likes to hear it.

1. Amanda @ as the wine cork turns
    July 10, 2014 / 5:44 pm

2. Shannon @ Sweet Tea Sippin' on Mayberry
    July 10, 2014 / 5:55 pm

This is just the cutest idea! I think I am going to have to join you in this activity. I need to tell Ryan how much I adore and appreciate him. Thanks for the idea =)

3. shelbie muse
    July 10, 2014 / 5:59 pm

This is fantastic. He's going to love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Bama Girl in AZ
    July 10, 2014 / 6:08 pm

This is wonderful! I just might join you!

5. Paige
    July 10, 2014 / 6:11 pm

So nice! After the first few sleepless months and my grouchiness, I made a list of all the things I loved about my husband and taped it to the door so he'd know that even though i wasn't always pleasant I still loved and appreciated him!

6. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey
    July 10, 2014 / 6:19 pm

You are not alone – I am guilty of this too! Love this idea though!! So sweet!

7. meg-made
    July 10, 2014 / 6:24 pm

You're in the toughest stage of them all, but you're doing SO WELL!!!! The early days are easier because they sleep so much more and you have adrenaline rushing through you, but its around 8-10 weeks that I found the hardest too. Hopefully you'll get back to your schedule quickly. I am sure Matt knows how much you appreciate him, and likewise, he would be so thankful for everything you are doing for his little girl. It's so hard on mum at this stage, I'm sure he cannot express his gratitude enough either. You're doing great mama! xx

8. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    July 10, 2014 / 6:48 pm

My sweet friend, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I had a serious dose of exhaustion a few weeks back and my hubs let me sleep and did my shift with BOTH girls – I fell asleep at 3pm and woke up at 9am the NEXT morning! Since then, he has also got up almost every night to feed our little Ellie and then goes to work a full day. He is currently away on business for five whole days and I have both girls – hectic!! But I cannot wait to shower him with a thank you day when he gets home. Thank you for sharing, and I hope Matt enjoys this magical day.xx

9. Brittany Fry @ The 26th of August
    July 10, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Just a nice idea!!! I know I don't tell my hubby nearly enough how much I appreciate everything he does!

10. Steel Magnolia
    July 10, 2014 / 7:32 pm

I, too, am tough when I'm tired. I'm not one of those people that can function on 5 hours of sleep. I need more like 10. And a nap. And I too snap at B in moments of exhaustion-fueled weakness. I definitely don't thank him enough for what he does. I'll be joining you!

11. Katie
    July 10, 2014 / 7:46 pm

You really do seem to be doing an amazing job even with the sleepless nights lately. When I saw the meal and the dessert you made for your husband's birthday my first thought was she is a new mom and she had the energy to whip all that up for her husband??! hahah I think my husband would be lucky to get a frozen pizza not burnt if I was still in your place as a new more when his bday rolled around. You are doing good!!!

12. Jessica
    July 10, 2014 / 7:48 pm

Matt is going to love this. So sweet:)

13. Breanna
    July 10, 2014 / 8:01 pm

LOVE THIS! I always used to write Joe little love post-it notes and hide them in places for him to find later in the day. I may need to start that up again… Thanks for the reminder

14. Rosy
    July 10, 2014 / 8:27 pm

Everyone loves little unexpected notes, but the men in our lives deserve it for all they do. It's the little things that mean the most.-RosyA Joyful Kind of Life

15. Crystal
    July 10, 2014 / 8:37 pm

What a cute idea! I just might have to steal it! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Owen Ross Davis
    July 10, 2014 / 9:43 pm

Such an awesome idea, I love this!

17. Christina @ This Woman Cooks!
    July 10, 2014 / 10:21 pm

I was a grouch for months after my daughter was born- not sleeping is the worst. It will take time for a schedule to take hold, and be prepared for it to get rocky again even if things are starting to go well. ๐Ÿ™ Hang in there!

18. Nat
    July 10, 2014 / 11:59 pm

So sweet!! I think 8-12 weeks is a really hard stage. They usually go through 1-2 growth spurts and sleep is awful but right around 10-12 is when they are easier to get on a schedule and sleep for longer periods! Hang in there girl- I promise you will sleep again!

19. Lauren
    July 11, 2014 / 12:44 am

I absolutely love this idea!! Thank you for sharing! I'll definitely be doing this in the future!

20. Laura Marie Keenan
    July 11, 2014 / 2:35 am

Sleep regression happen all the time! 4 months was the kicker for us! Hope you survive this one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ And my words of advice would be to maximize sleep in whatever way works for your family. Sticking to a schedule can be stressful…but take it with a grain of salt. My 2 year old is a terrible sleeper and I'm a tid bit of a hippie mom who was always against crying it out. ๐Ÿ˜‰

21. DetroitDuchess
    July 11, 2014 / 2:35 am

This is so sweet! What a thoughtful gesture ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Stasia
    July 11, 2014 / 7:41 am

Good idea! We have had a rough couple of nights with out 15 month old (anyone heard of a 15 month sleep regressionโ€ฆ maybe it is just molars and shots this week:()โ€ฆI might just have to do that soon or maybe even today ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Jillian
    July 11, 2014 / 12:37 pm

aww this is so sweet. i need to leave my husband a few thank you notes. xo jillian – cornflake dreamsย

24. Sue Jones
    July 11, 2014 / 2:53 pm

It's just a stage, in a few short months-or for me it took years-it will be normal sleep times.

25. Ericka
    July 11, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Love this idea! I need to do this for my husband too…especially at a time when he least expects it ๐Ÿ™‚

26. Alyssa Triviski
    July 12, 2014 / 1:32 pm

Such a great idea!! I think I will be doing the same ๐Ÿ™‚ And as a mama that is 2+ years sleep deprived, you really do (kind of) get used to it – hopefully it's very short lived for you!