What a big month we’ve had, filled with lots of “firsts”! Every day you surprise us with new tricks from your first roll to first giggle, it has been so much fun watching you grow. You are so curious and love watching me cook, put my makeup on, fold the laundry and more from your Bumbo seat. Your personality shines so brightly now, you are the happiest little
thing and your smiles have a way of drawing everyone around you to you. You are the light in our little family’s life.
This month you also celebrated your first day of school, first football game day (go Gators and go Buckeyes!) and first rice cereal meal. You’re growing up too fast and I just want to freeze time because this stage is so fun. You become more and more beautiful to me every day and I think you are head to toe perfection.You make my mama heart so happy!
I can’t wait for the day you start reaching for us to pick you up. And even though you didn’t sleep at all this month, we love you so!
Four Month Highlights:
- You are over 11 pounds, maybe even 12 – still a petite little thing.
- You learned how to roll from your back to your belly (for a couple weeks you were getting stuck on your side, unable to get over your arm) and now you are unstoppable, a little rolling machine. If I walk away for a minute I come back to find you several feet away from your activity mat.
- Speaking of activity mat, we have so much fun watching you play now. You’ve become so interested in all of the little hanging animals and we love watching you babble to them and grab and shake them.
- There is still nothing you hate more than being in your car seat, well maybe sleep, but you definitely pitch the biggest tantrum the second you see us getting your car seat ready.
- We took advantage of your sleep regression and went ahead and transitioned you from your swaddle to your sleep sack and you love the new freedom. Free arms and legs combined with your rolling tricks mean we now find you in hilarious positions every morning.
- Oh, the giggle! We have to get you really worked up to hear it but once you start we all can’t stop laughing. You have the sweetest little giggle and your eyes get all squinty like your mamas when you laugh. This is one of my favorite, most treasured milestones.
- We tried out some Earth’s Best Organic rice cereal and you hated it.
- You are starting to take a paci now (you prefer the wubanub), are exclusively on formula and love mirrors.
- Your month long vacation with the Grandma’s came to an end this month and you now attend daycare. It’s still a transition for all of us but we’re slowly getting the hang of things.
Your first week of daycare was really tough for all of us. Although we absolutely love your teachers, have lots of friends with babies in the same school and know this is going to be really good for you, it’s been an extremely hard transition for you and I. I’m still trying to find the balance of being a good mom and a good employee and I feel like no matter what I’m failing at one of them (or sometimes both) each day. Daddy drops you off and I am thankful that I get to be the one to pick you up, squeeze you and read your report cards. You only have one other baby in your class right now but there are six more on the way. Selfishly, I’m thankful it’s just two of you for now so you get lots of attention (which your teachers say you need). Your teachers send us pictures of you all day and sometimes they make me happy to see you playing and other times I get really upset that I’m not the one there with you. Being a working mom is harder than anything I’ve ever experienced but I know things will get easier (hopefully)!
and of course, a video of the new rolling trick…