Christmassy Things!

Merry Christmas, friends! Before I break away from the blog for a few days to celebrate Christmas I wanted to pop in with a few last Christmassy things…

Our Christmas tree went up the day after Thanksgiving this year and thankfully I took a picture right away. Within a few days it stopped taking water and now it’s so sad looking that I debated taking it out to the curb to put it out of it’s misery over the weekend. But then we got busy and I forgot. So now I expect we’ll be coming home to 5 feet of pine needles when we get back from Florida.

I cannot tell you how much joy these stockings have brought me this season. Seeing Caroline’s little stocking has been such a constant reminder of the best thing that has ever happened to Matt and I. Being a mom this Christmas has really shed a whole new light on the holiday for me. Yes, Matt and I have shared 5 wonderful Christmases together but this one, as a family of 3, takes the cake. It is so easy to get lost in parties, presents, to-do lists and more this season {and trust me, I totally have at times} but no matter what, nothing can overshadow the joy of being together as a family.

Mini loaves of the best dang cinnamon bread ever went out the door with Matt this morning for daycare teachers and co-workers. For years my mom has been making huge loaves of cinnamon breads as gifts for friends, neighbors, etc. She also includes a jar of homemade strawberry jam with her deliveries. I cut the recipe into thirds, making mini loafs in the cutest little $1 Christmas tins that Michael’s carries each year…and without jam. Regardless, they are always well received.

We spent some time with Matt’s family celebrating Christmas this past weekend. It was so fun watching Caroline with tissue paper. She loved it and insisted on removing everyone’s paper from their presents for them…and then ate it.

We also got some pretty awesome gifts. I’ll only mention the highlights – Caroline received some pretty cool toys (Infantino Snap & Pop Pals, The Manhattan Toy Company Skwish, and the classic Farmer Says See N Say). Matt got a fire pit and we both got fireside fishing pole holders! And I got a pair of Hunter Boots!

I’ve over shared this photo all season and for good reason…it’s just too cute not to! Although we really had to squeeze her in, our petite little muffin is wearing 3-6 month jammies here. Today I’m linking up with Darci, NatashaAshleyJenny and Julie for their Holly Jolly PJ Party! Details below:

Tonight Matt and I will exchange stockings after we get all packed up for FLORIDA! Merry Christmas everyone!

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagrambloglovin

1. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    December 22, 2014 / 1:43 pm

Your tree looks beautiful!! Love those photos of Caroline, those wrist rolls and her smile are too darn cute! 🙂 So excited for you to spend your first Christmas with her, enjoy every second of it mama!

2. Jillian Manesh
    December 22, 2014 / 1:44 pm

adorable decorations! i love Caroline's pajamas!! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

3. Sara Elizabeth
    December 22, 2014 / 1:48 pm

Love your devoir – it's perfect!!! The picture of Caroline in the tissue paper is so cute!!! She's such a doll! Merry Christmas!!

4. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    December 22, 2014 / 1:54 pm

I love all things Christmas so this post makes me so happy my friend. That cinnamon bread looks delicious and such a cute idea and I just love little Caroline in her Christmas jammies. Have a wonderful Christmas x

5. Nichole @ casadecrews.com
    December 22, 2014 / 2:03 pm

Jam or no jam, I bet the mini cinnamon bread is delish! Merry Christmas!

6. Valarie
    December 22, 2014 / 2:22 pm

Caroline in front of the tree with a hat on is absolutely adorable!! She is just a cutie:) Enjoy your first Christmas as a mama!!!

7. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey
    December 22, 2014 / 2:33 pm

Love it all!! We already have a stocking for Jack & I cannot wait for him to actually be here next Christmas & enjoy it all!! Caroline is absolutely precious in that last picture!! Too too cute!! Hope y'all have a safe trip to FL & a Merry Christmas!!

8. Meagan Hofer
    December 22, 2014 / 2:40 pm

caroline is SO adorable! love how happy she is in her pjs and with the tissue paper! enjoy this christmas with your family of three!!

9. BLovedBoston
    December 22, 2014 / 2:59 pm

Her face says it all – pure joy celebrating the holidays with that little one this year!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

10. Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog
    December 22, 2014 / 3:11 pm

My daughter had those jammies on her first Christmas and i just loved them! They are the cutest ever!

11. Rachel S.
    December 22, 2014 / 3:34 pm

You should be a professional decorator and party planner! Love the tree!

12. Erica Musyt
    December 22, 2014 / 3:40 pm

I don't have a mini-me yet, but yours is absolutely a doll baby! That picture is so freaking cute of her that I can't stand it 🙂 Have a wonderful holiday season with your family! xoxo *erica*

13. Jo
    December 22, 2014 / 4:14 pm

That picture is fantastic of Caroline in front of the tree! I'm still working on a great one of Lawter sitting in front of ours- they've all been too blurry/grainy/etc. for my taste so far! And yes, there's been lots of tissue paper/wrapping paper eating around these parts too! : )

14. Karra
    December 22, 2014 / 6:51 pm

I love the mini cinnamon loaves! and Caroline is a doll!!

15. Brooke
    December 22, 2014 / 7:52 pm

She is soooo cute! That is the best photo of a baby at Christmas time! You can feel her joy and excitement! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

16. Bekah Walsh
    December 22, 2014 / 8:16 pm

She just has the best smile! And I'm so glad they still make the see and say for kids :)Enjoy Florida!

17. Jessica
    December 22, 2014 / 9:56 pm

The cinnamon loaves look so good! I may just have to try them!:) And Caroline in her little pjs is so sweet. Merry Christmas, friend! Hope you and your family have a lovely holiday!

18. Kristin
    December 23, 2014 / 1:17 am

So sad that your tree gave up the good fight so soon! It was a pretty one! Have a safe trip to FL – we're en route there ourselves right now 🙂 Merry Christmas!

19. Ashley Wissel
    December 23, 2014 / 2:53 am

How fun! Where can I get those pajamas in my size 😉

20. LHWinstead
    December 23, 2014 / 2:23 pm

Those mini loaves look absolutely delicious – what a wonderful idea!! I am right there with you on the Christmas tree dilemma – I am constantly sweeping up needles!

21. The Grass Skirt Blog
    December 24, 2014 / 5:28 pm

We have the same stockings! :)The Grass SkirtThe Mini Skirt

22. Sarah O
    December 24, 2014 / 6:44 pm

I loved those stockings last year and added them to your mantle this year. That picture of Caroline in her pjs and Santa hat is so cute!

23. rox
    December 24, 2014 / 11:17 pm

Gah! She is the cutest little pea! Always so happy! Sweet girl!

24. Liz | Ellie and Addie
    December 25, 2014 / 2:53 pm

She's adorable! My little Jude is in love with tissue paper as well, it must be a baby thing. I just got my first pair of Hunter boots also, I love them so much!

25. Lisa Loves John
    December 26, 2014 / 6:47 pm

That cinnamon bread looks amazing!! Hope you are enjoying Florida!