Five on Friday!

– ONE – Earlier this week Santa visited all the kids in my office and the photographer snapped this gem…

Caroline was definitely skeptical of Mr. Claus and gave him a few side eyes before warming up to him…

– TWO – I recently discovered that one of my favorite local bakeries, Polka Dot Bake Shop, is now offering Soft Brittle in three flavors ONLINE! This is huge for me because their brittle is so yummy and now I can send it directly to friends and family in just one click! The batch below is the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut brittle and is absolutely divine! Interested in purchasing a bag or tin for someone {or yourself}? Check out the shop {here}!

– THREE – I’ve had a handful of emails recently asking about what camera I use so I thought I’d share it here in case you’re looking to add a new camera to your Christmas list. I have the Canon EOS Rebel and love it. I take it with me everywhere and it is always sitting on my kitchen counter so I can snap a picture of Caroline right away if I catch her doing something awesome. However, if I’m being honest here I have to say that I don’t really know how to use the fancy features of my camera and only shoot in auto. I rely on my 50 mm lens to do all the work for me. It rocks. I asked for that lens last Christmas and exclusively use it on my camera at all times. So if you already have a fancy camera but want to pretend like you know how to use it, swap out the lens for a 50 mm lens! Santa purchased mine from Amazon {here}!

– FOUR – Next weekend is Mel’s 3rd Annual Cookie Exchange and every year it gets just a smidge more competitive. That being said, I really need a good cookie recipe. This year the rules are a bit more flexible and we can bring something beyond a cookie but it still needs to be 4 dozen worth. Last year I made Oreo Snowman Pops but they literally took me 3 days to make and this year I don’t have time like that! Help! What is your favorite Christmas cookie?!

– FIVE – And while I’m at it, I may as well ask y’all for help picking out a nice gift for McKinsey’s 3rd Annual Christmas Gift Exchange next week. The gift limit is $35 and I need to bring something awesome. Suggestions welcomed! Here is a snap shot of the best gifts from last year…

Gift Exchange Party

pedicure gift certificate // max & chloe bib necklace // volcano candle // rewined candle // OPI Christmas collection // starbucks gift card // target gift card // tory burch umbrella

Wanna join Darci, April, Natasha and I on the
Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have
to do is…

Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).

2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.

Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!

1. Lisa Loves John
    December 5, 2014 / 2:02 pm

Oh my goodness, that first photo of Caroline eyeing Santa is wayyy too cute!! Love it!

2. Maggie
    December 5, 2014 / 2:10 pm

When I saw that picture of Caroline on Instagram, I started laughing so hard. And the caption is pretty awesome too 🙂 I really want a new lens for our Nikon; it's just hard for me to justify spending the money..but I know it'd be worth it. Happy baking!

3. Jillian
    December 5, 2014 / 2:11 pm

omg that first photo is priceless!! 😉 xo jillian – cornflake dreams

4. Monica Siembieda
    December 5, 2014 / 2:11 pm

I have the Rebel too. I'm looking to get another lens. I have two at the moment (I'm just learning the ropes of photography) but I feel like the rebel is a good camera to learn on. Oh and that picture of Caroline is priceless. I think that's one of my favorite Santa and baby pictures to date haha.

5. Ashley {Word on the Streets}
    December 5, 2014 / 2:12 pm

LOVE the Caroline and Santa pics!! What a doll. We are going to see Santa this weekend and I can't wait! Happy Friday!

6. Sophi @ Simply Sophisticated Blog
    December 5, 2014 / 2:12 pm

I have got to invest in a new lens! They're just so expensive. However the one you got is not bad at all— I just need to find something similar for Nikon since that's what I have.

7. Toni :O)
    December 5, 2014 / 2:32 pm

I recommend Kraft Oreo Truffles on They are fairly simple to make, don't require a lot of ingredients and are a huge hit at any holiday cookie exchange. The first photo of Caroline is the best! Way to go photographer!

8. April of A. Liz Adventures
    December 5, 2014 / 2:36 pm

I like Toni's idea above, I love making Oreo truffles! I also like making the thumbprint cookies where you put a dollop of jam in the middle. I still can't get over the photo of C with Santa … it could be an ad.

9. Sydney Hale
    December 5, 2014 / 2:50 pm

Sweet Caroline's side eye is perfection. Frame!! Happy Friday!Sydney

10. Chelsea
    December 5, 2014 / 2:56 pm

I will deff will be asking for the 50mm. I have the Rebel t3i and I love it. I been wanting one that has a little more zoom and can blur out the background. Thank you for sharing it. I also like the Candle it is perfect for an exchange Chelsea @

11. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    December 5, 2014 / 2:57 pm

Oh my gosh I love that side eye photo of Caroline and Santa!! So cute! I put the 50 mm lens on my Christmas list this year, lets hope Santa gets my not-so subtle hints! haha

12. Sierra&Faith Winks and Eyerolls
    December 5, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Such a cute Santa pic! We aren't too creative with cookies and sometimes less is more. Anything with chocolate chips and peanut butter is a winner for us 🙂 Have a great weekend.

13. Jessica
    December 5, 2014 / 3:04 pm

Those pictures of Caroline on Santa are just too sweet. The smiling one is adorable, but I think the side-eye one is definitely my favorite:) Gift exchanges are so fun. And you can never go wrong with a statement necklace. I love this one from Nordstrom (it's right around the gift limit, and of course, shipping is always free with them!):

14. Karen
    December 5, 2014 / 3:43 pm

My go-to Christmas Cookie Exchange treat is Whipped Shortbread cookies – super easy to make and super delicious melt in your mouth goodness 🙂 I love the Santa pics 🙂

15. Jess Scott
    December 5, 2014 / 3:54 pm

I have been saying that I need a lens to do the work for me, so THANK YOU!! 🙂 And, Caroline is just precious with Santa…a definite framer!

16. Bekah Walsh
    December 5, 2014 / 3:58 pm

oh my goodness….Caroline is a smart girl! That face is so fun (and refreshing since most just scream and cry)

17. Hanging with the Hirsts
    December 5, 2014 / 4:20 pm

The Santa pictures of Caroline are so adorable! Christmas is going to be so much fun with her 🙂

18. Kate
    December 5, 2014 / 4:32 pm

I love my 50 mm lens too! I purchased it over the summer and haven't taken it off since! Love Caroline's pictures w/ Santa…priceless!!!

19. Dorrie M
    December 5, 2014 / 4:34 pm

Love Caroline's face! And those Oreo cookie pops look SO good!

20. LHWinstead
    December 5, 2014 / 4:54 pm

Thank you for the camera recommendation – I have been wanting a nicer one but truly know nothing about that sort of thing. I LOVE the pictures with Santa, priceless!!

21. Holly
    December 5, 2014 / 4:57 pm

I will third the Oreo Truffle idea! Easy to make and SO yummy.

22. Jenn @ West Sac Honey
    December 5, 2014 / 5:20 pm

So I have the 50 mm lens too and I am terrible at using it. You have to stand SOOOO far away to get a shot of anything.. Right? Any tips?!

23. Nichole @
    December 5, 2014 / 5:21 pm

The first photo of Caroline with Santa?! Too cute with that face! Also, I just purchased a 50mm on Black Friday. I received it Wednesday and OMG, I love it! My poor pups have never been so photographed in the last 48 hours, lol. I also don't know much about the settings yet

24. Darci White
    December 5, 2014 / 5:24 pm

Best Santa photo ever!!!! How I wish I could love on that sweet baby girl!!And the camera…. I have to order it this wknd!XO! Hugs to you sweet friend and happy wknd ahead!

25. Molly
    December 5, 2014 / 5:38 pm

I recently took a one hour photo lesson with my wedding photographer asking for help on how to use my Canon Rebel. It was actually not as expensive as I thought, and she tailored it to taking pics of kids. It was fun to learn how to use my camera outside of the auto mode a little bit more. For Christmas cookies, I don't know if you have ever made chocolate sparkle or chocolate krinkle cookies. Those are my favorites, they are a small truffle like cookie. I know there are a lot of recipes on the internet for them.

26. lsadler
    December 5, 2014 / 5:48 pm

I try lots of cookies from Pinterest and some of my favorites are Neiman Marcus cookies, hot chocolate cookies, and I love the pudding cookies!! I also really love the cookies made with crescent rolls and cream cheese! Good luck:)

27. Nina @ Flowers in my Hair
    December 5, 2014 / 5:56 pm

I love the first photo. Today I actually posted a card to rival that one that my mom actually HAD to send out because there were no other options. She did an amazing job and this was in like 1991. But people STILL talk to me about it. 🙂

28. Paige @ Reasons to Come Home
    December 5, 2014 / 6:31 pm

Love my 50mm too! And that first picture is just too cute! Love the look she is giving him!

29. Sarah O
    December 5, 2014 / 7:00 pm

That first picture of Caroline on Santa's lap is priceless. Way better than the screaming child pictures. I love the tips about which camera you use as well. A new camera is first thing on my Christmas list this year.

30. Brettni @ Bringing Up Brumfields
    December 5, 2014 / 7:18 pm

That first picture!!! FRAMER!!!!!

31. Tiara Wasner
    December 5, 2014 / 7:20 pm

YAY to non-crying Santa photos! I need a new lens so I will definitely check that one out.P.S. I'm hosting a Whole Foods & Diestel Turkey giveaway on my blog Ice Cream & French Fries hope you can join the fun!

32. Life As You Live It
    December 5, 2014 / 7:31 pm

Oreo snowman pops! Now THAT's what I need!

33. Claire Voss
    December 5, 2014 / 9:27 pm

I have the same lens and LOVE it! Yay for the 50mm!

December 5, 2014 / 11:51 pm

My first 5 on Friday!!! 🙂 :)Thank you for this awesome opportunity to link up and mingle! Yay for new blogger friends!!!

35. Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle)
    December 5, 2014 / 11:59 pm

I love pecan or peanut brittle. One of my favorite things to do for cookie exchange is to make a fudge or brittle instead of cookies. They are much easier to make since you just poor everything into a pan and then break it up!