Where did my baby go?! We were so unprepared for how mobile you’d become this month. You are all over the place at home and school. Yesterday I watched you crawl to the other side of the room and into your car seat. When you aren’t crawling you’re pulling yourself up on things — the
coffee table, your crib, my legs, the cabinets, the couch, your dresser,
Charlie and anything that looks stable (or not). Once you are in
standing position you always give the proudest grin. You know you’re
awesome. I didn’t think it was possible but we continue to fall more and more in love with you. One of my most treasured moments lately have been how happy and giggly you get when you see us walk into your classroom at pick up. You come crawling so fast to us and your teachers get such a kick out of it. Our phones are overflowing with videos of you crawling into your closet to find your bows, pulling out baskets, attempting to crawl into your diaper boxes and more. We love you so much baby girl!!!
8 Month Highlights:
- Crawling, crawling, crawling!!
- Pulling up on everything.
- Due to a second ear infection we know you are 15 lb, 11 oz. You’re in 6 month clothes for the most part and occasionally wear 9 months. Still in size 2 diapers.
- Saying “dadda” all.the.time. now, and still practicing waving hi and bye,
- Eating 4 six ounce bottles of Earth’s Best Organic Formula a day plus oatmeal with fruit in the morning and a pouch of organic fruits or veggies for lunch and dinner. Also taking the sippy cup like a champ. We love the Nuby, Tommee Tippee and Munchkin Flexi-Transition sippy cups.
- No sign of teeth.
- Your hair is finally starting to come in a bit — verdict is still out on color. For now, your eyes are hazel.
- You always have (unless we’re in a regression or have taken you out of your routine) been a great sleeper. You go down around 6:30-7 pm and wake at 6 am for a bottle and then cuddle in bed with us until we get up for the day. You still take all your naps in our arms too. Swoon!
- The past few months you’ve really grown an attachment to MAM pacis for sleeping (and sometimes playing too) and every time we lose a few I immediately rush ship a handful more to the house. You also love to throw your pacis out of your crib over and over and over.
- This month we celebrated your first Christmas and rang in the new year together.