What a great week it has been. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on our pregnancy announcement! We really are so excited and I have so much to fill you in on! In the meantime, here are five other highlights from the week.
– ONE – Matt, Caroline and I all had Monday off for MLK day so we enjoyed a nice long 3 day weekend and caught up on a million errands and checked off overdue to-do’s. We got my car serviced and also took Matt’s truck in for the 534,523,453,145
time for yet, more repairs from the accident. Fun times.
Matt and I also got hair cuts at Great Clips. Yep, we are so not fancy when it comes to hair cuts. In fact, it’s been years since I’ve had a cut over $15. That’s just the one thing I can’t bring myself to splurge on since I don’t get color, highlights, layers, etc. Anyway, I was feeling impulsive and cut off 3 inches. Matt was shocked and so was I. Hours later I started regretting 2 of those 3 inches. Oh well, it’s “healthier” now is what I’m telling myself. Later that night we attended an engagement party for our friends.
Oh, and I made a TON of baby food! What a labor of love, truly. Glad that’s done…for the next two weeks anyway.
– TWO – Cleaning tip! When we purchased our upholstered rocker from Pottery Barn I couldn’t decide on color. The sales associate talked me into a cream color because “spit up is white” and the stains aren’t so obvious. Made sense to me so I took the plunge on a cream rocker. Anyway, I later learned that spit up is only white for 6 months…and then it’s green, blue, orange or whatever other color baby food you fed your mini last. So I called PB back and asked how in the world I was supposed to clean my overpriced upholstered rocker. The answer — Mr. Clean Magic Erasers! I was skeptical but picked a few up and went to town on my rocker last weekend. Guess what? These WORK! I was so excited that I went on a furniture cleaning spree to rid our house of spit up stains…which lasted all of four hours until Caroline projectile vomited sweet potatoes across 3 of our couch cushions. I’ll be purchasing Magic Erasers in bulk here.
– THREE – Easy dinner of the week – veggie flat breads! My sister turned me on to these awhile ago and they are super delicious (and healthy). I throw a 90 calorie Flat Out into the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes to toast it. Add mozzarella and goat cheese then throw back in for about 5 minutes (or until melted). Top with spinach, tomatoes and avocado. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze (my favorite part)!
– FOUR – Last weekend my sister hosted a bachelorette party and I had to share her cute drink station set-up! Those balloons took her forever to make but they turned out fabulous.
– FIVE – Make sure to stop by the end of season sale over at Sugar Bit to save 40-70% off everything from fall/winter!!!
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!