Caroline Grace {9 Months}

Caroline Grace,

You briefly went from “muffin” to “monster” this month! Teething has been so tough on you (and us) these past few weeks but you are finally feeling better and sleeping again. You now have FOUR teeth including two “fangs” as we call them because your top canines were the first to unexpectedly pop through before your two front bottom teeth.

You are an eating machine and you amaze us and your teachers with the amount of food you can put down (like your mama). We recently transitioned you to the daycare meal plan in addition to the home food we pack and breakfast is your favorite. You love eggs, pancakes, grits, yogurt, oatmeal, lots of different fruits (you’ve been feeding yourself TWO whole bananas a day), veggies and lots of other random foods. You are an adventurous little eater so far and are happiest when you are feeding yourself.

You are so social and love to play with other babies at daycare, which is perfect since we’re giving you a permanent playmate in July. The other parents always joke about how you are the class leader and the “welcoming committee” because you wave and say “hi” to everyone that comes in your classroom. You love the limelight and have such a strong personality.

Your first birthday is completely planned. It will be small, simple and all about how awesome you are. To be honest, your birthday festivities are a welcomed distraction for me these days as I’ve had a really hard time watching you transition so quickly from infant, to baby, to a very mobile, independent baby. Every morning I still snuggle you and thank my lucky stars that you are here with us, bringing us smiles until our cheeks hurt and filling our home with more laughter than ever before. We can’t imagine our lives without you and praise the Lord for saving you back in September during that awful night. We will never take a day, a smile, or hell, even a dirty diaper for granted. You are our miracle and we love you with the purest love this life has to offer.

9 Month Highlights:

A few of our favorite daycare pictures that your teachers have sent us this month…

1. Jessica
    February 9, 2015 / 1:36 pm

She is SO cute – her big ol' smile is just the sweetest thing!!! And what is it with babies and Tupperware? My son found our Tupperware cabinet and goes for it every time I am in the kitchen preparing meals. I typically don't mind, but there are times where I really don't feel like matching all the sets up again. Sigh. I guess it's a small price to pay to keep him occupied, eh? Lol! Happy 9 months, Caroline!

• Christina Marcellino
      February 9, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Yes! A small price to pay for enough time to unload the dishwasher or unpack groceries! Now if we could only teach them how to put everything back in the drawer. 🙂

2. Shannon @ Sweet Tea Sippin' on Mayberry
    February 9, 2015 / 1:48 pm

Oh my goodness!!! I worked childcare for five years and I have seen my share of happy babies, but my goodness her little one is so happy all the time; I love it! Happy 9 months!!!

3. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    February 9, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Aw my friend, she is just the most precious little princess! I just wish I could jump through my screen and snuggle her. I love all her picture updates and so glad all is going so well with your little miracle – I am already 1st birthday planning too x

4. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    February 9, 2015 / 2:08 pm

Oh my gosh she is SO sweet!! Love all of these pictures, those bows you put on her are so adorable and totally giving my girl mama envy 🙂 I can't believe she is 9 months already!

5. Laura Wyatt
    February 9, 2015 / 2:14 pm

That first picture says OMG! I'M 9 MONTHS!? Which is what I'm saying, looking at these adorable pictures! It seriously feels like last week that I was rushing to the hospital to see her for the first time! I love these recaps so much! xoxo

6. Elise @ Cheers Yall
    February 9, 2015 / 2:15 pm

So, so precious, sweet mama! xx

7. Jess Scott
    February 9, 2015 / 2:42 pm

She is SO CUTE!!! I am so impressed that her first birthday is planned…go, Momma!! AND, I love that her day care sends you pictures…I always love seeing them in that environment!

8. Meghan
    February 9, 2015 / 2:42 pm

What a happy little girl! And look at her eating a whole banana! Hopefully the teething gets better soon… It can be the worst!

9. Simply LKJ
    February 9, 2015 / 3:05 pm

Your daughter is adorable. What a bright vibrant smile!

10. Sarah O
    February 9, 2015 / 4:15 pm

So sweet! That smile would brighten anyone's day. Where do you get all her headband bows?

11. Jillian
    February 9, 2015 / 4:45 pm

she is so adorable!! and growing up so fast! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

12. Bekah Walsh
    February 9, 2015 / 4:46 pm

She is the happiest! I just love her smile!

13. Sara Elizabeth
    February 9, 2015 / 9:50 pm

I love this sweet babe!!! I just can't help but smile at her face!!! I can't see her being s monster at all, but teething will do it!

14. Nina @ Flowers in my Hair
    February 9, 2015 / 10:02 pm

so cute!

15. April of A. Liz Adventures
    February 9, 2015 / 11:10 pm

The banana! Soooo fun. And I love those tub foam letters … want! She is so precious Christina!!!

16. rox
    February 10, 2015 / 12:53 am

GAH! I could eat her up!!!! I LOVE how she looks so happy at daycare! Gives me hope that Conner will like his, too! (That is….once we get him IN one…some of ours here in Columbia have a TWO YEAR WAITING LIST. WHAT THE WHAT?!?!) She is never NOT smiling…precious girl!

17. megan
    February 10, 2015 / 2:37 am

She is so precious and looks so happy! I love reading about her personality. 🙂

18. Jordan - Queen of LA!
    February 10, 2015 / 5:29 am

i loooooove that picture of her in the second row wearing the plaid – she looks like a tiny adult! what a cutie pie.

19. Amy
    February 10, 2015 / 4:20 pm

She is just the cutest!

20. Sara McCarty
    February 12, 2015 / 4:00 am

Good gracious, she is adorable! And she has just about as much hair as my little one! Bald babies are the best! Love that big smile! And her little legs crossed while she's sleeping in the crib…I die.