– ONE // EATING – Last weekend I threw together a Baked Spaghetti dish that fed us through 4 dinners this week. By last night I was pretty tired of spaghetti but Matt can eat pasta every night of his life so he was pretty happy. Anyway, I started with Six Sister’s Baked Spaghetti recipe and adapted it from there, eliminating meat and onions, swapping out cottage cheese for ricotta, etc. I also was able to make two large meals from one batch and chose to freeze one for later.
1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a large greased baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta cheese, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
– TWO // WEARING – Well, I’m not wearing these adorable items but I do have a little man who will be come July! This week we received our first few gifts for Thomas – seersucker shorts (Matt is ridiculously excited about matching with his son all summer) and a newborn hat from Infanteenie Beanie (here). I also picked up a cute Feltman Brothers outfit for him. I’m learning that boy clothes can be fun too!
– THREE // READING – I’ve already told you all about my obsession with Jim Gaffigan. In fact, Matt and I have already decided that our first date night after Thomas arrives will be the Contagious show in Charlotte on August 15. Anyway, lately I’ve been reading Dad is Fat (find it here) and laugh until I cry. For those of you who are parents, you will find this book especially funny.
– FOUR // LISTENING TO – It only took 3 months but I’m finally on the last episode of the Serial podcast. This podcast has been perfect for listening to during those nights of pregnancy insomnia. But now that I’m about to finish the podcast I need recommendations on what to listen to next. Help!
– FIVE // CHASING – This munchkin around…
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!