Happy 1st day of Spring! It looks like it’s going to be a beautiful weekend ahead and I am so excited to get out in the yard and replace our dead mums with Spring flowers, take some long walks and grill out.
Also, to make up for my absence this week I’ve got 6 things today.
– ONE – Work has been insanely busy and I am so thankful to have ended several days this week with a family picnic and playtime on a blanket with Caroline since it’s been warm!
– TWO – Last weekend I baked a triple batch of lactation cookies to drop off to 3 mommies! Here is the recipe that I love to use. When Caroline was born I went through many, many failed cookie recipes before finally perfecting an adapted recipe. If you’re looking for a small “thinking of you” gift to drop off on the porch of your breastfeeding friend, this is it!
– TWO – Last weekend Matt and I had the most fun date night at The Melting Pot. I hadn’t been there in years (and Matt had never been – what?!). It was a pregnant woman’s DREAM — loads of cheese fondue to start, followed by a meat and pasta course and topped off with a variety of desserts dipped into a pot of creamy peanut butter chocolate. Take me back!
– FOUR – I sent out Caroline’s birthday party invitation this week…and then cried. I am in total denial that the Muffin is turning one in less than seven weeks. However, I am really excited about the distraction of her little party. We’re keeping it simple and doing a Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star theme.
– FIVE – I don’t know why it is nearly impossible to find a yummy flavored DECAF coffee. I think I’ve been searching for two years now and finally found this delicious Cinnamon Vanilla Nut light roast from…Target!
– SIX – Saved the BEST for last! For those of you who have been thinking about and praying for my family, I want to thank you AGAIN! Back in December my dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lung, brain, spine and adrenal gland cancer (full story). The news hit us hard and we were prepared for the worst but prayerfully hoped for the best. That’s where you all came in. For months I’ve received emails, texts, comments and more from you all who continue to check in and remind me that you are alongside our family in this journey. Your prayers have been so powerful and God has continued to heal dad in the past few months, bit by bit. We still have a long way to go but last week we received another miracle…Dad received the results from his brain scan – cancer free! Just like that, the Lord healed his brain! And a few weeks early we learned that the tumor in his lungs has shrunk from 6.4 to 2.4!
Please don’t stop praying! There is still progress to be made and a long journey ahead but we are confident that the Lord is going to continue to heal dad! And I’m pretty sure that dad’s doctors are the most prayed for doctors ever! Seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you! Our entire family is so blessed by you all!
Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things
you want to share!).
2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.
Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five
things and say hello!