Weekending in the Mountains!

I don’t normally post weekend recaps but the fact that Caroline is on the mend from her awful 3 day stomach bug and we were still able to break away for a little getaway to the mountains, I’d say it’s worth the post!

The original weekend plans were to leave early on Friday to meet Matt’s parents
at their new mountain home in Tryon, NC. We were really looking forward
to it but since Caroline still felt a bit crummy we decided to postpone
the trip until Saturday. So early the next morning we hit the road and
made it to the mountains early enough to enjoy a full day of lounging
around, snacking and taking a little trip into town for lunch and
shopping. Saturday night Matt and I snuck out for a low key pizza date night. It was perfect. And on Sunday we headed back home after breakfast to laundry, errands, grocery shopping and Cowfish bento boxes.

Family selfie compliments of our selfie stick (find it here)!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1. Laura Wyatt
    March 30, 2015 / 1:21 pm

yay! I'm so glad your little sweet pea is feeling better! xoxo

2. Jessica
    March 30, 2015 / 1:34 pm

Awww, love the photos! Caroline looks so cute in her bow:) Glad she is feeling better, and glad you guys were able to get away for a quick weekend!:)

3. Jess Scott
    March 30, 2015 / 1:59 pm

You just made me want to buy a selfie stick!!! 🙂 Haha! What a fun weekend….Carolina's mountains are my favorite!

4. Michelle
    March 30, 2015 / 2:03 pm

So glad she is feeling better. It is so hard when little ones are sick. Looks like you needed that fun weekend with family.

5. Evelina
    March 30, 2015 / 2:42 pm

That selfie stick looks like it's totally worth the purchase. Your photos look so great!

6. nelle monaco
    March 30, 2015 / 3:37 pm

looks amazing and so glad she's feeling better!!

7. Ravanel
    March 30, 2015 / 4:02 pm

So cute! Love the idea of a selfie stick! Just to clarify, and I hope you don't mind, when I click on your link, if I choose to purchase, will you receive a commission? I don't see anywhere on your blog about affiliate links; so, I am assuming the answer is no, but wanted to check. It's no big deal, but I do like to make sure what I am getting into…hope you understand!

8. Cassie Lee @ Sage the Blog
    March 30, 2015 / 4:33 pm

What a great time!

9. Hanging with the Hirsts
    March 30, 2015 / 4:59 pm

Looks like y'all had a great weekend!! So glad Caroline's feeling better – I can't imagine a 10 month old with the stomach bug :/

10. LHWinstead
    March 30, 2015 / 5:34 pm

What a wonderful weekend!! Selfie sticks are so great – I feel like we look ridiculous using it but it's so nice to have the memories 🙂

11. Georgia
    March 30, 2015 / 6:02 pm

Hi Christina,Just getting caught up on your news on baby #2! I know you had mentioned earlier about them being close in age…just chiming in on how great it is!!! I am a 28 year old momma to 6 year old twin boys (honeymoon babies!!! born exactly 9 months after our wedding day), a 5 year old boy, a 3.5 year old boy, a 9 month old boy, and I am due in 3 weeks with TWIN boys again…I know…7 boys!!!! The first set and last set are have a respective 10 month and 9.5 month age difference. Twins do run in our families, but this last set was; well, a HUGE surprise. Not to get into too much detail, but both times we had "double protected" ourselves, and things just happened. Our doctor also gave us the go ahead, and we just did not think me getting preggers would happen so quickly. We love all the chaos that comes with it. After the boys come, I think we are done. 7 under 7 is quite the handful but every day is an adventure! Enjoy!

12. Samma
    March 31, 2015 / 1:04 am

Dell Harper had that same Baby Boden coat (I loved it so much I got it 2 years in a row). so sad that she can't fit into the Baby Boden anymore. Especially that coat! ha!

13. whit | Black Little Button blog
    March 31, 2015 / 2:45 pm

that stomach bug is going around all over the place. hope she feels back to her normal self soon.-whit

14. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    April 2, 2015 / 2:44 pm

Precious family – so glad sweet C is all better x

15. Seersucker Sass
    April 2, 2015 / 6:24 pm

Looks like y'all had an amazing weekend!! What a gorgeous little family!XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

16. Bekah Walsh
    April 3, 2015 / 3:27 pm

Congrats to your sister! How cute are those tiny Sperrys?? Caroline's basket is adorable, too!

17. Saleslady371
    April 4, 2015 / 2:38 am

Your family is so cute. A selfie stick? Wow, genius! Happy Easter.

18. Tassles and Fringe
    April 4, 2015 / 9:11 pm

I am in Charlotte now for the first time, and seriously was seeing if I ran into you! Love your blog. We ate at 5Church last night and it was so good! Happy Easter

19. ChalkSouthernToMe
    April 7, 2015 / 12:31 am

Your sweet family is precious! I am glad Caroline is feeling better, there is nothing more heartbreaking than a little one that is under the weather. Xo, Stephanie