2015 Easter

Our Easter this year was definitely our favorite yet. I never knew how much joy holidays would bring with a mini. And to think that this time next year we’ll have two minis running around hunting eggs blows my mind!

Friday afternoon we packed our bags and headed to Matt’s parents house in Winston Salem. But before we departed we let Caroline open her first Easter basket early. We just couldn’t wait. I didn’t think she’d really be that in to it but she surprised us with how excited she got over all of her little presents. She pulled each item out one at a time and admired it…then had a blast with the Easter grass.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to the neighborhood country club with Matt’s parents and Grandmom. The club put on such a great Easter party complete with a delicious brunch, an Easter bunny, petting zoo, bounce houses, egg hunts, balloon animals and lots of other activities.

The club set up two buffet lines — one for adults and a mini one for the kiddies. It was adorable and Caroline was so excited to help us fix her plate(s) of food.

Caroline ate, and ate, and ate plates full of strawberries, french toast, eggs, yogurt and more. This girl loves breakfast like her mama.

Once our bellies were full we set off to find the bunny. Below is a series of photos which accurately depict Caroline’s dramatic first encounter with the Easter bunny. In her defense, he was a bit creepy…

She seemed apathetic so we sprung for a solo picture…

And then we continued the torture with more family photos…

Next up, the petting zoo, which was only a slightly less terrifying experience than the bunny. I promise Caroline had some fun though. There were goats, sheep, baby ducks, bunnies and even a llama!

Later, Caroline dominated the Easter egg hunt held on the putting green. She loved this part of the morning, maybe even more than she loved eating 9 plates of eggs. Her eyes lit up and she was so excited to crawl around, pick up eggs and shake them.

She was so proud of hunting down those eggs that they proceeded to spend the rest of the photos with us.

Afterwards we headed back to the house where the Easter bunny had visited and left a few baskets filled with goodies.

Time to pull out all of the Easter grass piece by piece.

After a good long nap we departed for Charlotte. The next morning we attended church, ate lunch at Leroy Fox and sat around the fire pit later that evening with big juicy steaks. It was the very best Easter ever.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
And for fun…our 2013 Easter Weekend

1. Kate @ A Thought and a Half
    April 6, 2015 / 12:32 pm

Looks like a wonderfully happy Easter weekend! Caroline's face is so expressive, especially around the animals (real or not!). Beautiful family!

2. Michelle
    April 6, 2015 / 12:44 pm

Best pictures so far of Easter and babies! I love her standing on her tip toes at the buffet table. I agree, bunnies are very scary creatures dressed up! Lovely post.

3. Jillian
    April 6, 2015 / 12:48 pm

aww her bunny ears are too sweet! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

4. Shannon @ Sweet Tea Sippin' on Mayberry
    April 6, 2015 / 12:59 pm

She is just too precious! It looks like everyone had an amazing Easter! I have to agree with Caroline, breakfast is the best meal of the day =)Happy Monday!

5. Caroline {Virginia Sweet}
    April 6, 2015 / 1:23 pm

what a wonderful Easter!! Caroline is getting so big!! Where has the time gone? and I love love love your brunch dress! Swoon!

6. melissa
    April 6, 2015 / 1:30 pm

You got so many great pictures! Easter is so much fun with little ones.

7. Cassie Eliya
    April 6, 2015 / 1:31 pm

oh my goodness!! She is precious and you look stunning!!!! I'm 18 weeks pregnant right now and my husband and I were talking last night about how Eastern will be completely different next year with a 6 month old, we can't wait!! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend, so glad!!

8. BLovedBoston
    April 6, 2015 / 1:45 pm

What a wonderful day!! You guys are just the most beautiful family! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston

9. LHWinstead
    April 6, 2015 / 1:45 pm

What a wonderful weekend!! I love that they made a mini buffet for the kids – too cute! Looks like she had a blast with her Easter basket & egg hunt 🙂 The Easter bunny picture is hilarious!!

10. marisa
    April 6, 2015 / 1:46 pm

Oh my gosh those little bunny ears are so sweet! Caroline is growing into SUCH a little cutie, even more than before! Glad you had a blessed Easter!

11. Steel Magnolia
    April 6, 2015 / 1:49 pm

So precious and so fun that Caroline got so into the celebrations. Which service did you attend? Ben had flight troubles Saturday (didn't end up home until yesterday) so I braved the sanctuary at 8:45 with Freddy in tow….we lasted 10 minutes. I felt like a mom failure but all I can do is look back and laugh. Life with a toddler!!

12. Hanging with the Hirsts
    April 6, 2015 / 1:50 pm

Looks like y'all had an amazing Easter!! So much fun celebrating any holiday with a mini! Love Caroline's face when she is looking at the llama lol

13. Jessica
    April 6, 2015 / 2:04 pm

So cute! Aside from the Easter bunny, Caroline looks like she had the very best time:) And loving your little baby bump in the pictures:)

14. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    April 6, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Oh my gosh how cute!! Love all of those pictures of Caroline, it looks like she had a blast (minus the bunny… can't those bunnies ever be cute?!) You look amazing mama!

15. Tess
    April 6, 2015 / 2:33 pm

I loved everything about this. You are just glowing and I loved both of your outfits for the weekend!

16. Bekah Walsh
    April 6, 2015 / 3:45 pm

I love everything about this post…and that yellow dress is lovely!

17. Sarah O
    April 6, 2015 / 4:12 pm

So sweet! Someone gave us that little yellow and white striped dress for our mini and I can't wait to see her in it next year. Can't blame Caroline for not liking the Easter Bunny, he is scary.

18. Timsha Coleman
    April 6, 2015 / 4:44 pm

It looks like you all had a wonderul Easter! All the pictures are so adorable. Just think how exciting next Easter will be with two babies!!

19. Jess Scott
    April 6, 2015 / 6:24 pm

What an eventful weekend!! I LOVE the picture of her on her tippy toes in the buffet line – adorable!!! What a fun weekend!

20. Chesson {A Southern Twenty-Five}
    April 6, 2015 / 6:29 pm

What a great Easter for you and your family!

21. Sarah Ryan
    April 6, 2015 / 10:26 pm

She is absolutely precious! I love all of her outfits. However, I agree, that bunny is a little creepy!

22. Candace Shiflet
    April 6, 2015 / 11:29 pm

oh my gosh! she is such a little cutie!! Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter 🙂 I am so jealous of the buffet, I love breakfast foods, too!XoCandaceLovely Little Rants

23. ChalkSouthernToMe
    April 7, 2015 / 12:32 am

Caroline is the most adorable little girl, I love her Easter outfit! I hope you guys had a wonderful, relaxing Easter! Xo, Stephanie

24. Shannon
    April 7, 2015 / 3:03 am

Caroline is such a doll baby! I just want to eat her up! You are also hands down, the cutest pregnant mama. Love your dress!

25. Evelina
    April 7, 2015 / 2:17 pm

Haha that Easter bunny is creepy. My niece had a Easter photo shoot with real bunnies and reacted very similarly! But in the real bunnies' defense, they were really cute.

26. Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog
    April 7, 2015 / 2:55 pm

She is so precious! What a little sweetie!

27. Lindsey Regan Thorne
    April 7, 2015 / 11:43 pm

So so cute!!! Her and those eggs :)))))) I can't get my 16 month old to eat an egg to save my life! Adorable!

28. Jordan - Queen of LA!
    April 8, 2015 / 1:10 am

i always think this but i rarely comment… she is SO FREAKING CUTE. her little faces and expressions are priceless! i love looking at her pictures. her personality shines through, big time!!!

29. Ashley {Word on the Streets}
    April 8, 2015 / 3:57 am

You guys are THE cutest, Caroline is such a doll baby! I just love her Easter dress! And the picture of her on her little tippy toes.. So stinkin sweet. 🙂

30. Nichole @ casadecrews.com
    April 8, 2015 / 3:34 pm

Caroline's faces killlll me!! She is just so adorable.

31. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    April 8, 2015 / 4:24 pm

What a happy Easter!! (except for Caroline with the bunny!) x

32. Sara Elizabeth
    April 12, 2015 / 12:27 pm

Everything about these pictures is absolute perfection! I can't stop laughing at Caroline's expressions!! Love her little bunny ears and adore her Easter dress! Hope you all are feeling better, friend!