I am always looking for the next kitchen tool, gadget or supply to make cooking a little easier. Over the years I’ve definitely accumulated a few “must haves” around the kitchen. Today I’ll share 8 of my most favorite items (in no particular order)…
1. Rachael Ray Lazy Utensils: My mom gave me this lazy 2 piece set about 5 years ago for Christmas and I cannot even count the amount of times per week I use these clever cooking utensils. The silicone tools are designed with a notch to rest on the edge of your pot or pan to prevent drips and splatters on your countertop. You can also find the Lazy Spatula, Lazy Tongs, Lazy Slotted Spoons and other Lazy products in a variety of colors!
2. MISTO Olive Oil Sprayer: No matter how careful I am I consistently overpour olive oil. My worst offense is usually when roasting vegetables. I miss some veggies completely and find little puddles of oil in random areas of the pan. The MISTO produces an even, pure mist and I love that I can fill the reusable mister bottle with my favorite oils, vinegars, lemon and limes juices. Not only does this mister make my meals a tad bit healthier, I have seen a significant savings too since I’m use far less olive oil than I used to. You can purchase a MISTO sprayer here or a set of two here. Or, if you’re really patient you can usually find one cheaper at Marshalls or Homegoods.
3. BonJour Primo Latte Frother: I absolutely cannot make coffee at home without using this amazing frother gadget. Within just a few seconds I can whip up a delicious cappuccino or latte in the morning (for a lot less than a Starbucks latte)! This is also one of those gadgets that I find myself purchasing as a gift for the coffee lovers in my life!
4. KitchenAid Stand Mixer: We have the classic, basic version of this mixer and it’s easily the most used item in our kitchen. The basic version comes with a 4.5 qt bowl which can be a tad bit small for some recipes so I recommend also picking up a 6 qt bowl if you use your mixer a ton.
5. Silver Dollar Pancake Pan: Four years later, this wedding registry item is still my number one favorite gift we received. With two pancake lovers in our house (Caroline and Matt), I use this pan almost every single weekend to cook up perfect silver dollar sized pancakes. Easy to use, easy to clean, easily the best pan in my collection. Our pan is from Crate and Barrel but you can also find it for the same price with free shipping here. There are also all sorts of themed versions (animals, holiday, smiley faces, bugs, monsters, etc.) of this pan here.
6. Parsley Plus All Purpose Cleaner: I have blogged about my love for Parsley Plus before here. I was addicted to the earth friendly product then and my addiction is still going strong years later. Parsley Plus All Purpose Cleaner makes your kitchen smell like a freshly planted an herb garden. I will never go back to toxic smelling cleaners especially with little ones now. You can use this cleaner pretty much on any surface – stone, hardwoods, linoleum, chrome, stainless steel, wood, bathroom, etc. You can purchase a bottle for $4 here, but if you become addicted like me you’ll save a lot of money by purchasing 4 gallons at a time here (I split this bulk order with a friend). I know 4 gallons sounds insane, but I’ve been using this spray multiple times a day for almost 3 years now so bulk ordering is essential!
7. Electric Wine Opener: Not sure this one even needs an explanation. Another wedding gift we love and have gotten so much use out of over the years. With one charge this wine opener can remove up to 80 corks, includes a foil cutter that stores in the charging base and comes with a vacuum sealer.
8. Silicone Muffin Tin: This full-sized muffin pan is my newest piece of bakeware and I don’t know why it took me so long to buy one of these! It’s 100% silicone so it doesn’t rust, is non-stick and easy to clean. I’ve used this pan for so many recipes from cupcakes to egg poppers and so much more