Five on Friday!

Lots of fun festive stuff to share today so let’s get right down to it.

one. I love this little surprise Minted dropped off on my doorstep. So pretty!

two. Christmas cards have been filling our mailbox all week
and I couldn’t be happier. The past few years I’ve displayed all our
cards using ribbons (post here)
but they don’t hold enough and I end up clipping them in front of each
other. So, I need a new idea for displaying all of them at once! Help!

three. Looking for a festive appetizer to bring to your next
holiday party? I have a few super easy ideas for ya!

Grinch Kabobs: My friend Mel makes these every year for our cookie swap and they are always such a hit!

Veggie Christmas Tree Platter: Because sometimes it’s nice to eat a tomato in between too many sugar cookies.

Ho Ho Punch: 1 bottle of chilled champagne, 1 bottle of chilled ginger ale, and 2 packages of frozen strawberries, partially thawed.

Pineapple Pecan Cheeseball: Lastly, you must make the most delicious cheese ball ever at least once this season!

four. Caroline’s teachers have been teaching her class about the nativity story and Jesus. I know she’s still so young but she is such a sponge these days so I’d like to think some of the lessons are making an impression on her. Last year one of my favorite gifts Caroline received was the Fisher-Price Little People Nativity Set. It may be just another toy for her this year but I am excited for her to grasp the true meaning behind the nativity story in years to come.

Side note: If you’re looking for another Christ-centered gift for the toddler in your life, Caroline also loves the Plush Noah’s Ark Set.

five. We’ve been deck, deck, deckin’ the halls over here this week! The tree is taking forever to finish because Caroline is obsessed with removing and then hanging the ornaments over and over again. Plus I can’t reach the top of my tree to put my bow up yet. Anyway, two of my favorite festive items this season are from the CoraLee Boutique Christmas line! First up is the Monogrammed Juco Skirt. I have been searching for the perfect tree skirt for years and this one is perfect! And below is my new Christmas Tree Wooden Monogram! Matt made a wreath for our front door with our tree scraps and my wooden monogrammed fit perfectly in the center.

Also, because Courtney of CoraLee Boutique is super sweet and generous, she is offering all my readers a 25% discount on all monogrammed items! Just use the promo code CAROLINACHARM25 at checkout! Make sure to place your orders by December 15 to guarantee delivery by Christmas.

1. Jenn
    December 4, 2015 / 11:51 am

Loving all of your decor!! So much pretty!I hope you have a great weekend!!

2. Sarita @ it's my girls' world
    December 4, 2015 / 12:28 pm

All of these tips are really putting me in the mood. Look at you all strong and spirited after major surgery! AWESOMENESS!!

3. Lizzie Simantz
    December 4, 2015 / 12:56 pm

I need some tips on hanging Christmas cards too because I also use the ribbon method and it's not working! I'll be checking back through the comments later 🙂 Great food ideas and I love that monogrammed tree!

4. Tanya McMann
    December 4, 2015 / 1:06 pm

That Cheeseball! Have a great Friday and keep healing like a champ!

5. Chels
    December 4, 2015 / 2:04 pm

Just ordered a tree skirt using your discount code. THANK YOU!!!!Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

6. Nina @ Flowers in my Hair
    December 4, 2015 / 2:05 pm

Give me some grinch kabobs and punch! Haha please and thank you!

7. Hanging with the Hirsts
    December 4, 2015 / 2:17 pm

I love that Caroline's day care is teaching them about the Nativity story already! Her little Nativity scene is so adorable! Your tree skirt and wreath are so adorable and festive!

8. Lizzie Somerset
    December 4, 2015 / 2:32 pm

love every single one of your five! The pop out picture for me is the broccoli christmas tree which is genius! What a way to make veggies look appealing to my littles too! Thanks for hosting I've linked up to Five on Friday xo #fiveonfriday

9. Jess Scott
    December 4, 2015 / 2:54 pm

LOVE the decorations!!! And I totally just pinned al of our appetizer ideas for our Christmas party…I love tasty food, but when it's cute and easy, too, I have to try it!

10. Brittany@TheLadyLawyer
    December 4, 2015 / 3:04 pm

That punch looks so good!

11. Justine Ciemny
    December 4, 2015 / 4:13 pm

Oh I need to make those grinch kabobs this year!!Justine @ Charm City Ciemny'swww.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

12. Justine
    December 4, 2015 / 6:02 pm

We have the Fisher Price Nativity Set and all of my kids LOVE to play with it!! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

13. Karli | Sept. Farm
    December 4, 2015 / 6:11 pm

girl. i got the same surprise package from minted! i thought it was the most thoughtful, beautiful little package. i felt so special! my farmer was like…why are you so excited? he doesn't get it. anyway…thanks for the punch recipe. i'll be making that for christmas eve!

14. Evelina @ Fortunate House
    December 5, 2015 / 5:03 am

I have the same Minted print in my house! Also, I love your custom tree skirt!

15. Sarah Walters
    December 5, 2015 / 11:22 am

Love that her teachers are sharing the story of the birth of Christ! You've found s special place! Loving all your decor 😊

16. Kelly
    December 7, 2015 / 5:17 pm

Love that tree skirt – thanks for the discount code and the heads up about CoraLee!!! We just ordered ours!!

17. Sara Elizabeth
    December 8, 2015 / 4:19 am

Love your monogrammed tree skirt!! I love seeing everyone's cards, but I usually just cover our fridge in them so I'm no help, lol!