10 Fun Facts About Me + Two Truths & A Lie

I am a pretty open book and probably divulge more personal information than I should in this little space so you may be thinking “how can she possibly share 10 things I don’t already know about her?” Valid thought. Hope you’ll play along anyway…

10 Random Fun Facts About Me

one // My first car was a red 1994 Chevy S10 pickup truck. It was a stick shift and I drove the heck out of it until it bit the dust in college. When I got home my parents surprised me (and boy, was it a surprise) with a 2001 sparkly blue Buick Regal they bought from an old lady who was moving into a nursing home. Yep, you can read that full story here.

two // I’ve never had a cavity. This is probably because I brush my teeth for no less than 15 minutes while making bottles, cleaning the kitchen, picking up toys etc. Matt thinks it’s so weird that I multi-task while teeth brushing.

three // Matt also thinks it’s weird that I’ve worn a gold toe ring since middle school. My grandma always wore one and gave my mom and sister one too. We all wear them. Weird? Maybe.

four // I don’t know how to whistle. Or do a cartwheel.

five // A huge pet peeve of mine is a TV playing in an empty room that no one is watching. I am always turning off the TVs in our house. Five minutes later I’ll hear “Hey! I was watching that!!!” My parents are the worst at this too.

six // My Starbucks drink is a Short Nonfat Cafe Misto with 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla syrup.

seven // I am an exclamation point enthusiast. I use them way too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eight // I’ve never colored my hair before — a true redhead! And my hair cuts never cost more than $15.

nine // I drive past my wedding venue twice a day and my office sits 23 floors above my rehearsal dinner venue.

ten // I am a certified scuba diver.

Pretty much the exact truck I drove minus obnoxious Kappa Delta and University of Florida stickers.

wedding venue

Two Truths & A Lie

And for one more fun activity, let’s play a game of two truths and a lie. Can you guess which statement below is a fib?

true or false: In college I backpacked Europe for a month by myself.

true or false: I am over 5 feet tall.

true or false: In middle school I broke my left arm and my left hip in a rollerblading accident.

The answer?

True: One summer break during college I took a 30 day backpacking trip around Europe. I went by myself but ended up making friends.

True: In 7th grade I did in fact break my left arm and hip in a rollerblading accident. While wearing rollerblades, a friend on foot was pushing me while running. I was going pretty dang fast when one of my brother’s friends jumped in front of me and didn’t move in time. We collided and it was pretty much a disaster.

False: I am 4’11” tall.

Thanks for playing along!

1. Leah McPherson
    February 23, 2016 / 4:19 pm

This was such a fun post! I love brushing my teeth and do so multiple times a day but somehow I just got my first cavity! I was devastated! And I'm always using an exclamation point and often wonder if I overuse them?! Probably not. Have a good day!

2. Lauren Honeycutt
    February 23, 2016 / 4:23 pm

I can't do a cartwheel either!! I thought I was the only one!

• Toni :O)
      February 23, 2016 / 7:44 pm

Nope! This girl can't do them either. I always chalked it up to me being too bottom heavy LOL!

3. All Things Big and Small
    February 23, 2016 / 4:32 pm

Oh! Love these types of posts! Love that your first carvers a pick up! And you are so lucky you don't have to dye your hair! It is gorgeous! XoAnnie

4. Jacqui German
    February 23, 2016 / 4:37 pm

i LOVE this post idea! my very first car was a giant buick la sabre courtesy of my poppop – i went to garnet valley high school (where we thought "garnet" was a color, most people call it maroon) and the ENTIRE BUICK, seats, carpeting, exterior, interior, steering wheel – was GARNET colored. imagine how cool I was rolling up to school :Pxo Jacqui @ drinktheday.wordpress.com

• Carolina Charm
      February 23, 2016 / 4:53 pm

That is AMAZING. So, so, so amazing. You win best car ever.

• Shelly HW
      February 23, 2016 / 6:40 pm

No exclamation points! Ahhhhh! I can't handle it! Ha!

5. Beth
    February 23, 2016 / 4:42 pm

I also multitask while brushing my teeth. I make my bed, pick out my outfit for the day, turn on my curling and/or flat iron, etc etc. And I don't know how to whistle (or cartwheel) either. I feel like I used to be able to whistle, but that was very short lived.

6. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    February 23, 2016 / 4:52 pm

These are some of my fav posts to read! Loved learning a little more about you! 🙂

7. Dana
    February 23, 2016 / 4:58 pm

That truck….I drove the EXACT same one, mine was white, also a stick shift. I signed a napkin (all we had at the time) before I turned 16 that I would never drive that truck. Oh but I did and it certainly served me well!

8. Penny Struebig
    February 23, 2016 / 5:03 pm

I had to laugh when I read the part about multi-tasking while brushing your teeth. Ever since we got new electric toothbrushes, I can't do anything while brushing but lean over the sink. I make the biggest, slobbery messes now while brushing!

9. Brianna
    February 23, 2016 / 5:27 pm

You need to post all about your trip to Europe!! 🙂

10. Girl Meets Bow
    February 23, 2016 / 6:24 pm

These are hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't whistle or cartwheel (I hate my feet leaving the ground!) 🙂

11. Shelly HW
    February 23, 2016 / 6:41 pm

The Europe backpacking trip sounds like a blast. I want to do that with my Mr. before I am too old to walk.

12. DS
    February 23, 2016 / 6:47 pm

Hi Christina,Let me tell you something. In India, married women wear toe rings and that's a ritual and me being an Indian dont think wearing a toe ring is weird :D. I have a good collection of silver toe rings and I love them 😀

13. Courtney
    February 23, 2016 / 6:52 pm

You'll have to do a post about your European travels – I don't think I'm alone in thinking they would be amazing to read!

14. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    February 23, 2016 / 6:57 pm

I totally multitask while I brush my teeth as well… most of the time to go to the bathroom… My hubs always thinks it's disgusting! Lol.

15. Heather R
    February 23, 2016 / 7:11 pm

Haha, love these! And love that you are a true red head! My husband is slightly red-headed so I've been hoping for red-headed children but apparently you have to have it on both sides… I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think it's the best hair color in the world! everywherejoy.com

16. P!nky
    February 23, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Fun post, lady! I'm always fascinated by people who can't whistle, I don't know why. So cool you backpacked Europe. My husband and I are taking a trip there this year and I can't imagine backpacking, I'm so old. I multitask while brushing my teeth too, my husband thinks I'm a nutjob.BTW, I'm not in a sorority but yours was founded at my school :)!

17. Just Jess
    February 23, 2016 / 7:41 pm

I was heartbroken to get my first cavity at 17 and my second this past December at 26. 🙁 I am also an exclamation point enthusiast! It's a small problem. Jess at Just Jess

18. Alexandra Bee Blog
    February 23, 2016 / 8:20 pm

Posts like these are among my favorites! I can't whistle either!!

19. Lizzie Somerset
    February 23, 2016 / 8:37 pm

Such a fun post! I am also 4ft 11in, no amount of willing will make me 5ft! Xo

20. Simply LKJ
    February 23, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Loved reading your answers. I was pretty sure about your two truths, you are a brave girl willing to try anything once I assumed. LOL

21. Kiki Nakita
    February 23, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I just got my first cavity at 29! Yay for the cheap haircuts! I wish I could get away with one, but I like the whole experience of going to a nicer salon and getting my highlights, coffee in hand, and People magazine. Also, where did you go in Europe? I lived in England for 11 years of my childhood, so I've always have a piece of my heart left behind.

22. Kait
    February 23, 2016 / 10:37 pm

This is such a fun post idea!

23. Jen
    February 24, 2016 / 12:45 am

Ooooh fun! I can relate to so many of these: look ma, no cavities!, not knowing how to whistle or cartwheel, hating when the tv is playing for no reason. Yep yep and yep! 🙂 The backpacking trip sounds amazing!

24. Lindsay Latimer
    February 24, 2016 / 1:29 am

I have worn a silver toe ring since high school… so over 10 years! Everyone makes fun of me but I love it and can't imagine my toe without it! 😉 Such a fun post!

25. Sara Elizabeth
    February 24, 2016 / 1:55 am

Anddddd enter the hair envy!!!!! $15 haircuts that look like yours… #winning! Love that you did the backpacking trip on your own!!!

26. Vanessa H
    February 24, 2016 / 2:13 am

What a fun post! I don't think it's weird you multi task, I think it's a natural thing moms do. How else would things get done if we didn't?

27. Jessica (The Newly)
    February 24, 2016 / 2:45 am

This was so fun! So many things I didn't know and would have never guessed about you!:)

28. Evelina
    February 24, 2016 / 3:47 am

Your hair is so gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you never coloured it. I spend so much money at the hair salon every 6 to 8 weeks. And I am totally the same with TVs

29. Jess Scott
    February 24, 2016 / 6:47 pm

So fun!! So jealous of your hair – no color and cheap haircuts? Ah! I used to turn off TVs until I heard that it costs more to turn it off than it does to run it all day…now it still bothers me, but I don't turn them off unless we leave. I wonder if it's really true…

30. Justine Ciemny
    February 24, 2016 / 8:06 pm

love this!!! :)Justine @ Charm City Ciemny'swww.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

31. Traci
    February 24, 2016 / 10:15 pm

Love these posts! My brother had the same truck but green & I wrecked my mom's Buick Regal my senior year of high school!

32. Natasha
    February 24, 2016 / 10:36 pm

i absolutely LOVED this post friend…. so much fun to learn more about you!!! i can't believe you are that tee tiny!!! and i am jealous of your gorgeous red hair

33. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    February 25, 2016 / 8:50 am

LOVED this – and just when we thought we knew everything about you!!I also cannot stand a TV on in an empty room – drives me crazy and I always have to turn it off! The toe ring is so cute and can't believe you have worn it for so long! And a sub diver – wow!x

34. Rachel Schultz
    February 25, 2016 / 6:29 pm

LOVE this post! Definitely using it. I have followed you on Instagram + this blog for about 4 years, but so enjoyed hearing these new things about you! A Scuba Diver?! Girl, you're awesome.