Five on Friday!

It’s been a super busy week so let’s get right down to it!

– one – I am going to do a full post soon on Caroline’s birthday but in the meantime I wanted to share one of my favorite pictures from the party last weekend. We were able to convince Caroline and Thomas to wear their ears for approximately 11 seconds for this picture…

– two – I also have to share one of the biggest hits from the party – the bouncey house! Mimi and Grandad surprised Caroline with this amazing gift for her birthday and all 18 kiddos had an absolute blast jumping around all morning. We thought about renting one for her party but now we have our very own to inflate whenever we want! We are going to get so much use out of this for years to come too.

– three – I’ve been using the mascara my sister got me for Mother’s Day all week and really, really, really like it! If you’re like me and are constantly trying out new mascaras I highly recommend adding Benefit Bad Gal Lash to your collection!

four Earlier this week I made a quick trip for work down to Atlanta. While I was there I grabbed dinner with two of my faves, Brynn and August, at St. Cecilia! We had an absolute blast. Maybe even a little too much fun for a school night.

– five – We are still loving our HelloFresh deliveries! I have LOVED hearing from so many of you that you’ve signed up and are enjoying HelloFresh too! Below are the links to our TOP 9 favorite dinners we’ve enjoyed recently in case you’re looking to add some variety to your meal plan! Each recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, uses lots of fresh ingredients and is super delicious. Many of these recipes are meals I would never think to cook (especially during a week night) but HelloFresh makes it SO easy!

My personal favorite is tied between the Juicy Lucy Burger and the Thai Beef Stir-Fry! Matt’s ALL-TIME favorite has been the Thai Pork Laarb Burger!

Top 9 Recent Favorite Recipes:

Crispy Spiced Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries and Garden Salad
Thai Pork Laarb Burger with Cucumber Mint Salad
Asian-Style Salmon with Broccolini, Quick-Pickled Cucumber & Rice
Thai Beef Stir-Fry with Basil, Coconut Rice and Crispy Green Beans
Paprika-Rubbed Chicken with Barley, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Herby Pan-Seared Chicken with Farro Caprese Salad
Spanish Steak Salad
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Lemony Potato & Zucchini Hash
Juicy Lucy Burgers with Tomato-Onion Jam and Baby Gem Lettuce Salad

Want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box! That means you can try out HelloFresh for $29 and then cancel after your box arrives or keep on going.

Also, I received another promo code to give my friends a FREE box of HelloFresh meals! I’d be happy to send the first THREE people to leave their email address in the comments a free week of HelloFresh to try!

—-

Wanna join April, Natasha and I on the Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have to do is…

1.) Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things you want to share!).

2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.

3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagrambloglovin

• Carolina Charm
      May 13, 2016 / 8:55 pm

Check your email! Enjoy friend!

• Carolina Charm
      May 13, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Check your email! Enjoy friend!

• Carolina Charm
      May 13, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Check your email! Enjoy friend!

1. Evelina
    May 13, 2016 / 11:27 am

Can't wait to hear more about Caroline's birthday! I can't do Hello Fresh because I live in Canada but I have heard wonderful things about the program! Also, I'm having trouble linking up today. The linkup has 139 people and says it's now closed. Is there a limit or is this just a glitch? Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

• Tanya McMann
      May 13, 2016 / 11:41 am

having the same problem and last week as well 🙁

• Anna Thompson
      May 13, 2016 / 12:33 pm

That happened to me as well last week but you can link up over at alizadventures.

2. Julie @ Just the Joy's
    May 13, 2016 / 11:37 am

Love love love the picture of you all with your ears on! So cute! I'd love to try hello fresh! We're going to be living in our camper soon and I was thinking how awesome and easy it would be! Thanks for sharing! justjuliejoy@gmail.com

• Carolina Charm
      May 13, 2016 / 8:58 pm

Check your email! Enjoy friend!

3. Rachel Noyes
    May 13, 2016 / 12:42 pm

We had a Minnie Mouse 2nd birthday party too and bought the same jump castle (thanks craigslist). We've loved it and used it for so many parties. We even set it up in our neighbors basement on rainy days to get some toddler energy out!

4. Julie
    May 13, 2016 / 1:18 pm

We have yet to try St. Cecilia but glad to hear it was yummy!

5. Hannah
    May 13, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh, LOVE St. Cecelias! So so yummy and pretty! ~Hannah (www.HannahAtHomeBlog.com)

6. Mary Leigh
    May 13, 2016 / 2:00 pm

OH, I cannot wait for the birthday party post and how fun is that bouncy house!

7. furmangirl08
    May 13, 2016 / 3:48 pm

LOVE me some Hello Fresh! If you get the chance, try out their Barley Avocado Salad, the Cauliflower Mac & Cheese, and the Herby Tomato-Asparagus Bake. Although they both all sound a little funky, they were huge hits and super filling at my house! My husband and I have loved to recreate some of the hello fresh recipes we've gotten before and their recipe index is also amazing!

8. Ami
    May 13, 2016 / 6:30 pm

That is the cutest picture of your sweet family! What a fun party! I cannot wait to hear about all the details!-Amiwww.becomingthebehars.com

9. Alexandra Bee Blog
    May 13, 2016 / 8:39 pm

There was a moon bounce at some of our friends' baby's 1st birthday party a few weeks ago. Once it was finally empty from the kiddos, a handful of us adults got in and had a blast…and a workout! Bouncing is harder than you'd think!

10. Abby
    May 14, 2016 / 3:05 pm

Thank you for the coupon code! I signed up for the first time but didn't have the option to choose specific meals. Is this an option? I only got to choose from fit, chefs choice, etc.

11. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    May 15, 2016 / 2:06 pm

Can't wait to see all about Caroline's party – love the ears! x

12. The Girl who Loved to Write
    May 16, 2016 / 11:30 pm

Those first two pictures are so adorable! You guys all look so happy!