Five on Friday!

Happy Friday!

one. On our way home from breakfast last weekend Caroline made a very serious request to stop at Home Depot. I thought Matt was going to abruptly pull the truck over to give her a hug. Without hesitation he said “YES, baby girl, we will absolutely go to Home Depot!” And so we went to wander the exciting aisles of sprinkler timers, mosquito sprays, plants and more. While Matt loaded up on 18 bags of mulch the peanut gallery supervised from the cart over a box of raisins.

two. If you live in the South you know how evil mosquitoes can be during the summer months. I swear I used to spend half of our outside time chasing my kiddos with a bottle of bug spray. So when my friend Lisa introduced me to the Thermacell, a magical mosquito repellent device, our outdoor world changed! While stocking up on Thermacell refills during our aforementioned Home Depot run I came across a new Thermacell product – the Patio Lantern! Oh, happy day! We now use the lantern for outside play and use our smaller thermacell for wagon rides, picnics, park dates, etc.

three. A few weeks ago Matt took my watch to the jewelry store to get the battery replaced and when he returned home he had the best and sweetest surprise – a beautiful cross necklace that I haven’t taken off since he gave it to me!

Matt has been known to surprise me with jewelry “just because!” from time to time. How did I get so lucky?

Also, the fam caught me mid-selfie and wanted in on the action.

four. Recently we restocked Caroline’s hair bow collection. And since baby girl has outgrown her bows we went up an inch in bow size. So Caroline’s new summer outfit is a diaper and 5″ solid bow. And because her hair is slooooooooowly  coming in we clip her bows to elastic headbands. You can find a full hair bow post here.

five. I received 4 more promo codes to give my friends a FREE box of HelloFresh meals! I’d be happy to send the first FOUR people to leave their email address in the comments a free week of HelloFresh to try!

Also, my favorite recent HelloFresh recipe – Summertime Pork Schnitzel! I’ve always loved shake & bake but this recipe takes it to a whole new delicious level but still keeps the prep under 10 minutes! So good. You can find the print recipe here.

Not one of the first 4 to comment but still want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box! That means you can try out HelloFresh for $29 and then cancel after your box arrives or keep on going.

Wishing you a weekend that looks this happy!

—-

Wanna join April, Natasha and I on the Friday fun? You can link-up on any of our four blogs every Friday! All you have to do is…

1.) Write your post about five things you’re lovin’ this week (or any five things you want to share!).

2.) Share the logo on your blog and link back.

3.) Link-up at the bottom of the post so some new readers can check out your five things and say hello!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagrambloglovin

1. Stephanie
    July 29, 2016 / 11:03 am

I would love to try it! Dana.e.wolfe@gmail..com thank you!!

• Carolina Charm

Check your email! Enjoy!

3. Taylor Howell
    July 29, 2016 / 11:12 am

Hi, I'd love to try!!!tahchs08@gmail.com

4. Rachel Emily
    July 29, 2016 / 11:19 am

One of these days I'm going to make it to one of these posts in time to get a free box 🙂 Glad to see you are still loving Hello Fresh! That necklace Matt got you is just beautiful! He is for sure a keeper!! Have a great weekend!

5. Jess Deisher
    July 29, 2016 / 11:39 am

I do little gifts for my boyfriend too! definitely a sweet gesture. I've always been wanting to try HelloFresh! jessica.deisher@gmail.com 🙂

6. Janelle
    July 29, 2016 / 11:46 am

does you link up party close early or at a certain number? I guess I missed it! I am new to blog world 😉

• Carolina Charm
      July 29, 2016 / 1:07 pm

Nope, my fault! I forgot to update the linky code! All fixed now!

7. Danielle Siero
    July 29, 2016 / 12:22 pm

You're link up closed already… I don't think that usually happens…

• Carolina Charm
      July 29, 2016 / 1:08 pm

All fixed! 🙂

8. Amanda Bullard
    July 29, 2016 / 12:56 pm

My step mom lives by Thermacell in the summer. Perhaps I should invest! Yay, Matt on the necklace. I have been eyeing one similar to that for a while let me just jot down my address and next time he visits his mom you guys can drop one by! HA! No really, that's so sweet of him and what a nice hubby! Have a wonderful weekend with the littles! xo

9. Brandi Little
    July 29, 2016 / 1:20 pm

That's so sweet of your hubby!! Happy weekend!

10. Jennifer
    July 29, 2016 / 6:07 pm

We used mosquito barrier treatment found on groupon for $29. lasted 3 or so weeks and I loved it. Once it cools down a bit I plan to have them come out again! In the meantime I will have to look into the thermacell for walks and watering plants!

11. Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle)
    July 29, 2016 / 8:18 pm

I loved the pork hello fresh last week. Oh so yummy! I am forever grateful for the details on Caroline's bow collection. I love those headbands and bows for my Caroline. I love to having to pay $5 a bow at a boutique. Especially since her bow double as a chew toy right now.

12. Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey
    July 30, 2016 / 2:30 am

We love our Thermacell & don't go anywhere without it either. I will have to look into the lantern because that is awesome!! Also, we discovered spraying tiki torch fluid via a bottle that hooks to the water hose & spraying it all over the back yard, fences, tree trunks, etc keeps the mosquitos away as well. THAT has been a complete game changer for us & can now enjoy the backyard worry free! (Of course we wait briefly while it dries to go out & play)

13. Julie @ Just the Joy's
    July 31, 2016 / 1:23 am

You always have some sort of awesome product to share! We love our thermacell with living in the country and/or camping a lot but heck, that lantern really steps up the game!

14. Kelly
    July 31, 2016 / 3:42 pm

LOVE how sweet your hubby is! It's the little things!! I told my husband a few weeks ago that I wanted something similar! Your littles are adorable! Glad I ran into your blog!

15. megan
    July 31, 2016 / 4:48 pm

i know this is a random question but you have such adorable ideas, so i'm wondering how you told your husband that you were pregnant? and your parents? thanks!