Snowpocolpyse Weekend!

Charlotte got an inch of snow over the weekend which is a BIG deal. The entire city shuts down — literally bread flies off the shelf, ABC stores have lines out the door, etc. We were all too excited to hunker down this weekend, play in the snow, binge watch The American and simmer soup in the crockpot. The forecast predicted a decent snow fall but it ended up being a lot lighter than everyone had hoped. Anyway, a few snow weekend pictures…

After a quick family selfie — Caroline’s request obviously, we strolled down the street to meet our friends at a neighborhood party. There were tons of kids rolling around in the snow, a food truck and lots of parents excited to be out of the house.

Caroline and Thomas experience their first sled ride…which ended a little off course. Both laughed hysterically and were begging to go down the tiny hill over and over and over.

Have you ever seen a more determined face?

In typical best friend fashion, Lisa had a mimosa poured and ready for our arrival.

To thaw out we headed down the street to another snowmageden party. It is still undecided who had more fun — the kids or the adults.

On Sunday the roads were cleared up so a group of girls gathered to celebrate Abby’s baby shower over brunch!

A few of the ladies!

For dinner (both nights) we enjoyed crockpot chicken enchilada soup (one of our very favorites)!

1. Amanda Bullard
    January 9, 2017 / 11:32 am

Isn't it crazy that you got an inch and here in Winston I had close to nine? I think there may be four to five inches left. Ready for it to GO! I had to giggle at the kiddos hitting the tree (that would be something I would do!)

2. Rachel Emily
    January 9, 2017 / 12:47 pm

I love Thomas sitting on the back of the sled eating his raisins, he has no idea what he is in store for! So precious! Glad the snow wasn't as bad as they thought and it didn't wreck your whole weekend 🙂

3. Lizzie Simantz
    January 9, 2017 / 12:52 pm

We love The Americans! And yay for snow, even if it's an inch. What a fun weekend!

4. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    January 9, 2017 / 1:05 pm

SO MUCH FUN!!!! We never experience snow in Durban so we can live through your pics x

5. Jess Deisher
    January 9, 2017 / 2:10 pm

We got about an inch up here in Maryland too. Usually its mass chaos at the grocery stores too but it wasn't too bad this time lol REALLY hoping Mother Nature doesn't dump as much on us as she did last year. xo, Jess

6. Sara Elizabeth Miller
    January 9, 2017 / 2:53 pm

I'm amazed that you were able to sled with so little snow… but it seriously looks like you guys had so much fun! We got a little dusting on Friday but that was it!!

7. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    January 9, 2017 / 6:11 pm

I'm soooo jealous of your snow! I'm in Georgia and we were literally 20 miles south of where the snow stopped. Boooo. Our kids were so disappointed!

8. Leslie
    January 9, 2017 / 6:39 pm

What a fun weekend! We had a snowy one too, and I loved the time just relaxing in our home and frolicking with our daughter in the snow. What fun memories. 🙂

9. Jessica | Being Bradfords
    January 9, 2017 / 7:49 pm

Looks like a fun weekend and I LOVE that soup! 🙂

10. Lindsey Smith
    January 9, 2017 / 8:05 pm

Looks like a snow party indeed. I miss the south and how everything shuts down, my husband reminds me often that Maryland is not the south when it snows. Glad ya'll got to enjoy it!

11. Rachel
    January 9, 2017 / 9:10 pm

Charlottesville is the same..a few inches and the place is shut down!!

12. Ashley Wissel
    January 10, 2017 / 1:51 am

Seems like it was more ice than snow in the triangle area! Super excited to try out that enchilada soup — I made your baked potato recipe this weekend and it was ah-mazing!

13. Timsha Coleman
    January 10, 2017 / 4:50 am

Looks like you all had a fun weekend!! We were predicted several inches, and then ended up with none. Love how your neighborhood has so much fun together.

14. Jennifer Pabst
    January 10, 2017 / 8:19 pm

What a fun weekend, I need a new neighborhood that has fun together!! I wish that things shut down with a little bit of snow, sadly in MI, it takes a lot to shut it down. My kids DO have a snow day today, but they are so over the snow, that they groaned when I suggested going out to play in it ;)

15. Jessi @ Jessi's Design
    January 10, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Looks like SO much fun and I will definitely be adding that soup to the menu like yesterday! 🙂 xo

16. nelle monaco
    January 11, 2017 / 12:37 am

the soup looks SO good and the snow was lots of fun! 🙂

17. Laura Darling
    January 11, 2017 / 4:13 am

Living in Philadelphia, this made me laugh! But I am so happy you guys had fun!! Love that your neighbors had parties! That's the best. And I was cracking up when I saw that video on instagram of the kids sledding right into the tree!

18. Corie M