Five on Friday!

Another insane week y’all. Sorry for scraping up some photos from my phone but this is all I’ve got…

one. I snapped this picture on our way out the door for church last Sunday. Thomas is wearing 9 month pants because he’s outgrown all of his non-jeans church clothes. I can’t keep up with clothes and shoes for these kiddos. They’ve almost outgrown their entire winter wardrobe but I can’t bring myself to buy more cold weather clothes with spring right around the corner! They are growing like weeds!

two. One of the kiddo’s teachers is going through a difficult time, so in lieu of a card we brought her a jar of Chocolate Hugs and attached a note. With Valentines Day around the corner I wanted to share this idea because it could also serve as a cute but low effort (and inexpensive) teacher v-day gift.

three. Last weekend Matt and I snuck away for our first date night of the year. We decided to try a new place for Restaurant Week and decided to go with Fran’s Filling Station. This was probably the best Restaurant Week experience we’ve ever had — the food was delicious, the service was excellent and it was a great deal too! All 6 courses were amazing but I still can’t stop thinking about the bacon wrapped tater tots.

four. Matt is very opinionated about the candles we burn in the house so I had to share the Endless Weekend 3-wick from B&BW which is his (and my) new favorite. It makes our home smell so fresh and clean despite the piles of dirty clothes, full diaper pails and crackers smushed throughout the house. The soap is pretty darn awesome too.

five.  Thank goodness for HelloFresh otherwise we would have lived off of cereal this week. Our favorite meal of the week was the Rapid Beef Stir-Fry (because, um, RAPID!!), but I’m sharing my second favorite because it’s a simple and inexpensive meal you can easily create at home — Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos. This is such a delicious twist on taco night! The avocado crema is insanely good and I loved how the sweet potatoes are glazed with honey!!! Make these tacos next week and thank me later!

**Want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box!

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagrambloglovin

1. Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate
    February 3, 2017 / 11:52 am

Happy Friday! What a sweet pic of your adorable kiddos! Chocolate is always a good idea. 😉 I'm sure that teacher appreciated and enjoyed it! Hooray for your date night! Hope the weekend to come is just as fantastic for you! xo – Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

2. April of Smidge Of This
    February 3, 2017 / 12:21 pm

Your sweet babes are the HAPPIEST and I think we need a playdate stat. I want to squeeze them!

3. Emily Krause
    February 3, 2017 / 12:36 pm

I'm in the same boat with my kids' clothes! It's times like this I'm grateful for Florida weather. It's warm all year round, so I don't have that awkward time between seasons and sizes like I did when we lived in Minnesota. Also, those tacos look amazing!

4. Donna Hicks
    February 3, 2017 / 1:04 pm

Totally agree with you on keeping up with the kids' clothing. So hard with 2 littles! My 7 month old is outgrowing 12 month clothing and I really don't want to restock winter weather clothing for such a short amount of time!

5. Jacqui German
    February 3, 2017 / 3:27 pm

I looooooooooooove endless weekend! I use it pretty exclusively at the beach house all summer so whenever I pull out my travel size for weekend trips it takes me right back to the shore 🙂 Definitely going to buy that candle! Happy Friday to you 4!!

6. Lisa
    February 3, 2017 / 3:43 pm

Your kids are so cute and love how your little girl is pointing at the camera for the selfie. B&BW candles are the BEST!!! Thanks for sharing Endless Weekend…we need a few new ones. Fresh Balsam is my all time fave❤️. Happy Friday!

7. Kristi Griedl
    February 3, 2017 / 3:43 pm

I love that candle – smells so yummy! I bet having date night refreshed your week 🙂 Your kiddos are so cute!Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

8. Rachael Alexis
    February 3, 2017 / 4:16 pm

My favorite candle from BBW right now is the sugared lemon zest….it brings me right back to the Amalfi coast. So fresh and sweet hut unisex. My boyfriend loved it. XOXO Rachael http://aduchessandablog.blogspot.com/?m=0

9. Elenie Counts
    February 3, 2017 / 4:33 pm

Beautiful family! Love the mason jar of with hugs, may need to borrow that idea. Y'all have a great weekend. 😘

10. Leslie
    February 3, 2017 / 4:52 pm

Those meal suggestions sound great! I also love the jar of Hershey hugs; such a sweet idea! Hope your weekend is a little calmer. 🙂

11. Kasey
    February 3, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Love the shoes Thomas has on. Where are those from?

12. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    February 3, 2017 / 6:33 pm

I love B&BW candles, but I haven't tried that one! I'll have to remember to check it out next time I'm there!

13. Confessions of a Northern Belle
    February 3, 2017 / 10:04 pm

Oh my gosh those tater tots…

14. Jennifer Pabst
    February 5, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Love the jar of hugs, cute teacher gift!Oh my gosh- bacon wrapped tater tots?! Yes, please.I will have to check out that candle from B&BW. I love almost every scent from that store.Jenjpabstfitness.com

15. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    February 6, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Love the teacher gift idea, I'm definitely stealing that for Valentine's Day! You almost have me convinced to start hello fresh- literally, almost! Haven't pulled the trigger yet. 🙂

16. arron
    February 7, 2017 / 5:19 am

Nice post, thanks so much for this sharing!GlassesShop