Five on Friday!

Happy Friday!

one. We spent last weekend at Matt’s parents’ mountain home to celebrate his dad’s birthday. I snapped a few adorable pictures of the kiddos running around in the fresh mountain air!

two. About a month ago Matt and I finally upgraded our iPhones so we could actually rely on our phones. We’ve been out of contract forever and my friends would often make fun of my dinosaur aged phone. Anyway, I realized that my wi-fi camera card wouldn’t sync up to my new phone and learned it wasn’t compatible. So I wanted to share the new model I purchased and LOVE — the EyeFi Mobi SD Card. If you carry your DSL camera around and want to easily sync your photos to your phone you need this!!!!

three. I have to thank everyone who posted their favorite Trader Joes’s cheap red wine recommendations a few weeks ago on this post. I scooped up almost all of the red recommendations and can now say we’ve tried them all. I actually liked every single one but ordered them by favorite from left to right. The Moon X actually would have won first place but the dang bottle doesn’t fit in my wine rack which annoyed me. Also, the orange Griffone bottle used to be our go-to red that I’d stock up on but as you can see you all have steered me to new and better bottles, so thank you!

four. Three of our friends celebrated first birthdays for their little boys this past week! It has been such a joy watching all three of these little men grow over the past year. For their birthdays we gave each of them two of our very favorite things: A copy of our favorite book, You Are Special by Max Lucado, and our favorite Bible Songs CD. If you don’t already own this book you must buy it. Fair warning, you won’t get to the end without tearing up but it is SO worth it. Caroline has many of the pages memorized and it’s her and Thomas’s favorite bedtime book.

five. HelloFresh Meal of the Week winner: Rapid Butternut Squash Agnolloti with Kale in a Sage Brown Butter Sauce. Also, I have three new promo codes for free boxes to give out to a few first timers! I’d be happy to send the first 3 people to leave their email address in the comments a free week of HelloFresh to try!

Want to try HelloFresh? Use promo code MG8GKD for $40 off your first box!

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagrambloglovin

1. Janah
    February 10, 2017 / 10:23 am

Jbmiller85@gmail.com. Would love to try these meals! With 3 under 4 dinner can be chaotic! Thanks!

• Carolina Charm
      February 10, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Sent! Enjoy, friend!

2. Laura
    February 10, 2017 / 10:29 am

lauraandtom.wedding(at)gmail.com woohoo!

• Carolina Charm
      February 10, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Sent! Enjoy, friend!

• Carolina Charm
      February 10, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Sent! Enjoy, friend!

3. Donna Hicks
    February 10, 2017 / 10:55 am

Thanks for sharing the first birthday gift ideas. I'm going to have to check out the You Are Special book for our youngest's first birthday. Definitely not one year old friendly, but my oldest, who is about Caroline's age, loves the Jessica Calling Storybook Bible by Sarah Young.

4. Amy Cotton
    February 10, 2017 / 11:04 am

I've tried Hello Fresh before and after seeing that picture I might have to try it again! Yum!

5. Sarah
    February 10, 2017 / 11:48 am

Yum! That meal looks awesome! I'm debating between that and Blue Apron. You have thoughts on which you prefer??Hope you have a great weekend!!-Sarah http://www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

6. Emily Krause
    February 10, 2017 / 11:51 am

I'm really intrigued by that wifi memory card! Seems like it would be especially convenient when traveling. Also, that mountain scenery is gorgeous!

7. Amanda Bullard
    February 10, 2017 / 12:05 pm

That memory card has my interest perked. What if your camera is a few years old? Those pics of the babes at the mountains (number one) is precious. Mrs Lynn needs that framed and in her mountain house! I cannot wait to get to TJ's to get some red wine now 🙂 xo Amanda

• Carolina Charm
      February 10, 2017 / 12:55 pm

My camera is about 4 years old and this one works perfectly for me!

8. Life as the Mrs.
    February 10, 2017 / 12:48 pm

We totally stocked up on wine at Trader Joe's yesterday, too! One of my favorites is Well Red — a red blend with no sulfites at all. It tastes delicious!

9. Lizzie Simantz
    February 10, 2017 / 12:55 pm

Yum that dinner dish looks amazing! I need to check out some of those wines from TJ's!

10. Sara Elizabeth Miller
    February 10, 2017 / 1:45 pm

So we ended up with a white elephant gift of Trader Joe's $3.00 wines…. they were good too!! I was very impressed. Very smooth!! I need to find an eyefi card for my Canon!!

11. LHWinstead
    February 10, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I love that you shared some of your favorite TJ wines — I always get the same bottles & find myself reading all the labels & googling reviews when I try to mix things up lol

12. Robyn Proctor
    February 10, 2017 / 4:43 pm

I love butternut squash, so that sounds amazing!

13. Robyn Proctor
    February 10, 2017 / 4:44 pm

I love butternut squash, so that sounds amazing!

14. Lindsay at Lindsay'sSweetWorld
    February 10, 2017 / 6:02 pm

Girl, I SO wish that we had a TJs here! I just hate that we don't! The very best wine there is the Two Buck Chuck! (Charles Shaw) It tastes amazing!

15. rsddddd
    February 10, 2017 / 7:04 pm

Our favorite kids CD is anything by the band Slugs and Bugs- check it out!! They have some fun silly songs, some Christian songs and some straight scripture that is great for scripture memorization. Plus as a bonus, the music is not obnoxious and you can tolerate it in the car- sort of bluegrass style. Anyway my 2 year old loves all things slugs and bugs so check it out! If you fall in love, they currently have a kickstarter going for 2 new CDs and if you contribute you can get some rewards like the new music. Wanted to share 🙂 also so glad to know the Max Lucado book comes as a board book- we have the hardback and i have given it as a gift but its such a treasure I hate to let my 2 year old get her hands on it ��

16. Sierra @ Beautifully Candid
    February 10, 2017 / 7:10 pm

A wifi SD card has been life changing for me! I never use my phone to take pics, mainly because the camera isn't that great, but I'm so used to my DSLR that it comes everywhere with me now. Beautifully Candid

17. Shooting Stars Mag
    February 10, 2017 / 8:06 pm

I love gifting books to people – it doesn't matter what age! That first photo of your kids is the CUTEST!-Lauren

18. Rachael Alexis
    February 10, 2017 / 10:03 pm

I am always up for a few good wines to try. I tend to stick to my "safe" favorites until I get recommendations. And yum…the butternut squash recipe is going to be a must try for me. My favorite recipe that I tried this past week was pesto salmon baked in tinfoil in the oven with asparagus…oh my word, delicious AND healthy. It fell apart in my mouth. I shared the recipe and a few others on my blog if you are interested!XOXORachaelhttps://aduchessandablog.blogspot.com/

19. Chelsey Sendelbach
    February 12, 2017 / 4:59 pm

I've been looking for a wireless SD card for my camera! I didn't know which was a good kind to get, so thanks for the recommendation! Awesome! 🙂 Chelsey- simplysendelbach.wordpress.com