Life Lately || The Highlights

If you don’t mind, I’d like to change gears from cancer updates to less serious topics! Writing is such an amazing outlet for me
and I need it now more than ever. Anyway, I have some highlights to share from the past few weeks…

McKinsey’s Baby Shower: My
friend McKinsey is expecting her second little boy, McCoy, in a few
weeks so a group of us threw a little sprinkle for her at my house
recently.

Sara of course made the cutest onesie decorations.

You can find McKinsey’s first baby shower we hosted for her two years ago here!

+++

Date Nights: Matt has been on top of date night planning recently. In the past few weeks he’s worked directly with Ms. Jamie to schedule two dates for me and him to decompress and spend time together. He is the best and I absolutely couldn’t get through this season of life without him.

{Workman’s Friend Date Night}

{Ink & Ivy Date Night}

+++

Birthday Parties: We’ve attended 3 birthday parties for Caroline and Thomas’ friends over the past few weekends.

{Phelps’ Super Hero 3rd Birthday Party}

{Maggie’s 2nd Birthday Pool Party}

+++

Supper Club: This month Abby hosted Supper Club at her house and it was so fun. She has the most gorgeous home and served Yafo for dinner!

+++

PGA Championship Golf Tournament: Matt and his dad went to the PGA tournament on Saturday and then Matt and I took the kids on Sunday! I’m glad we went…but the kids were really only well-behaved for like 35 minutes before they got bored, hot and were ready to go! Next time we’ll leave them behind.

+++

Solar Eclipse: Matt and I met at home yesterday to eat lunch and watch the Eclipse together on the baseball field behind our house. It was awesome and such a fun excuse to hang out in the middle of the workday for a few hours.

Facebooktwitterpinterestinstagram

1. The Lucky Lifestyle
    August 22, 2017 / 10:12 am

Glad to see these highlights amidst a trying season! Your home is looking gorgeous by the way!

2. Kiki Nakita
    August 22, 2017 / 10:40 am

Sending you my thoughts and prayers. My dad passed away after a two-and-a-half year battle with pancreatic cancer, so I can empathize with how hard this time must be for you. Glad your still getting to enjoy some of the simple things in life – family and friends. Hugs.

3. Lizzie Simantz
    August 22, 2017 / 11:50 am

Thinking of you during this difficult time – glad to see you are enjoying some fun things!

4. East Coast Chic {Natalie}
    August 22, 2017 / 11:52 am

Happy to see you having happy highlights during this season of life! Hang in there! You're lucky to have such a support system in Matt!

5. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    August 22, 2017 / 12:26 pm

Your hubby is the best! So glad to see you having some fun in the midst of such a hard season of life <3

6. A Gal Named Al
    August 23, 2017 / 12:30 am

That pizza from eclipse day looks delish! Glad you've gotten some time to relax with friends and family.

7. Rebecca
    August 23, 2017 / 3:00 pm

My cousin is the chef at Yafo, and I am tickled pink to see the food on your blog! I hope y'all enjoyed it, and that you were able to decompress a bit during this difficult time.

8. sara [at] journey of doing
    August 24, 2017 / 1:30 am

Love how well Matt's done with date nights.. Such a great husband. <3

9. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    August 28, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Always thinking of you gorgeous friend, you are a brave and courageous woman x