Three on Friday!

We are en route to Florida today — thankfully FLYING this time! Dad is doing really well and we want to spend as much time with him as possible while he’s feeling great! That being said, things are a little chaotic this morning as we pack our bags and wrestle the kiddos out the door for the airport. So today I’ve only got time for 3 things! Happy Friday, friends!

one. For Christmas Matt surprised me with some work dresses and this one is my favorite! It’s a dress I would have never picked out for myself, in a color I never think looks good on me and at a store I rarely shop at and I LOVE IT. I even wore it twice this week (perks of traveling to different offices).

Dress

two. While uploading all my iPhone pictures to Dropbox I found some pictures from a recent date night at one of our favorite restaurants, Good Food on Montford! This place is so delicious that there’s always a line outside the door before they even open for dinner. It’s that good…especially the steamed bun. omg.

2017 | 2015

three. I need some book recommendations! So the last time I actually sat down and read a book (that wasn’t self-help or a devotional) was during our Jamaica vacation. The last two books I read were The Good Girl and The Girl on the Train sooooo I’m sure I’ve missed a ton of amazing books since those two came out forever ago. I really like twisty-turny suspense thrillers and really don’t like chick-flicks or sad books.

1. Amy Cotton
    January 12, 2018 / 10:47 am

That dress is so so pretty and you look amazing in it! LOVE the red!! Happy Friday!!

2. Stang&Co
    January 12, 2018 / 10:59 am

That red dress is SO pretty! Looks great on you girl! I hope you all have an amazing weekend with your dad <3

3. Rachel Emily
    January 12, 2018 / 10:59 am

Love that dress! You look fab, mama! Right now I'm reading The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle and I'm totally hooked and I would highly recommend The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware. Both are in the suspense genre!

4. Beau Dyer
    January 12, 2018 / 11:47 am

Okay, so how do you organize all of your photos from your phone?

5. Rebecca Stanley
    January 12, 2018 / 11:59 am

The Last Mrs. Parrish, The Woman in the Window, and The Good Daughter are all great reads. If you like those other books, you will enjoy these.

• Heather
      January 12, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I just read The Last Mrs. Parrish and enjoyed it! Didn't The Woman in the Window just come out? You are fast! 😊 I just requested it from the library, glad to hear it's a good one!!

• Carolina Charm
      January 13, 2018 / 6:22 pm

I'm number 191 in the library line for The Woman in the Window. GRRR.

6. The Lucky Lifestyle
    January 12, 2018 / 12:09 pm

So impressed with your hubby for picking that out – you look fabulous! I think the last book I devoured was GIrl on a Train, too. So long ago. 🙁 I also read Luckiest Girl Alive and it was pretty good — twisty turny for sure.

• kate24
      January 12, 2018 / 2:24 pm

I second Luckiest Girl Alive – couldn't put it down! The plots are not similar at all, but to me it has a Gone Girl page turner vibe that I really liked.A TON of people love Ruth Ware – I find her writing super annoying (I couldn't STAND Woman in Cabin 10)…but it's definitely suspense so it might be worth checking out even though I personally hate it haha since I think I'm in the minority!

7. Life as the Mrs.
    January 12, 2018 / 12:11 pm

That red dress is AMAZING! I'm not sure what my husband would ever pick out for me. 😉 It's a *little* chick lit-y, but it has some suspense so I enjoyed it: "The Husband's Secret." I read it in a week! (And that's saying something since I struggle with reading with my two crazy boys.)

8. Lizzie Simantz
    January 12, 2018 / 12:22 pm

Glad to hear your Dad is doing good!! I agree with The Husbands Secret – really good!!

9. A Simple Southern Life
    January 12, 2018 / 12:24 pm

I love that red dress! It looks great on you! I really enjoyed The Chemist.. it is definitely not a chick-lit and full of suspense. Have a safe and fun trip to Florida!

10. Penny Struebig
    January 12, 2018 / 12:25 pm

Enjoy your time in Florida! So glad you are getting to spend some time with your dad.

11. East Coast Chic {Natalie}
    January 12, 2018 / 12:36 pm

Such a pretty dress- way to go Matt! I don't think my husband would do that good of a job. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well right now, enjoy that time with him this weekend!

12. Sarah Kreger
    January 12, 2018 / 12:56 pm

I just finished Sharp Objects by the Gone Girl author. Really crazy and they're making an HBO miniseries out of it this summer. I'm visiting Charlotte at the end of the month and will definitely check out Good Food on Montford!

13. Elly Johnson
    January 12, 2018 / 1:29 pm

Must read: In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware.

14. Heather
    January 12, 2018 / 1:43 pm

All the Missing Girls was a recent favorite of mine!! Told backwards, so it's a little different.

15. Britt C.
    January 12, 2018 / 2:04 pm

The Kind Worth Killing — SOO good! Definitely fits in the twisty-turny suspense category.

• Trish Felecos
      January 12, 2018 / 2:40 pm

YES- I'm reading it right now!

16. Mallory
    January 12, 2018 / 2:17 pm

Big Little Lies is great! Just picked up My Husband's Wife on a whim at Target and can't put it down.

• Carolina Charm
      January 13, 2018 / 6:29 pm

Who is the author of My Husband's Wife? Amanda Prouse or Jane Corry?

17. LHWinstead
    January 12, 2018 / 3:15 pm

That dress looks fabulous on you!! I follow Reese Witherspoon's book club on Instagram – highly recommend. Just finished The Last Mrs Parrish (the December book of the month) & it was so good!

18. Unknown
    January 12, 2018 / 3:53 pm

Some book ideas (none super recent/trendy but all absorbing):- A Man Called Ove (poignant and hysterical and sweet and sometimes sad)- Magpie Murders- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- Did you ever read Gone Girl itself? – Big Little Lies (I don't generally go for "chick lit" either – this was such a nice surprise)

19. Lauren @ The Pizza Monster Mama
    January 12, 2018 / 5:07 pm

Have you read The Marriage Pact? It's crazy and very twisty turny!

20. Hanging with the Hirsts
    January 12, 2018 / 5:19 pm

I'm currently half way through "The Couple Next Door" and I'm hooked!!! I've seen lots of people raving about it and I'm secretly glad my husband is working 2nd shift tonight so I can go home and keep reading it 😉 Have a safe trip down here!

21. Emily Steiner
    January 12, 2018 / 5:35 pm

If you like that genre of books – check out The Woman in Cabin 10 (Ruth Ware) and The Perfect Stranger (Megan Miranda)! 🙂

22. Kristen [Playground Prepster]
    January 12, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Have a great trip!! You look so cute!!

23. Jen
    January 13, 2018 / 1:02 am

Luckiest Girl Alive is a great twisty/turny/dark read as is The Good Daughter.

24. Angela
    January 13, 2018 / 3:41 am

I haven't read this one yet, but I've heard great things about The Woman in the Water. I just started a reading challenge this week (100,000 pages in one year) so I'm sure I'll have more book suggestions soon!

25. Danielle
    January 13, 2018 / 4:33 pm

I love the dress! What a great eye Matt has! Have fun on your trip, and I'm glad your dad is feeling well!As for a book recommend, the new Stephen King, Sleeping Beauties was really interesting! Not his usual scary, gory type book, either. 😄

26. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    January 15, 2018 / 1:14 am

That dress looks BOMB on you!! Hott mama! Stealing some of these book recs… I have been looking for a new read too!

27. CortneyandCo
    January 16, 2018 / 7:31 pm

The Child, and Into the Water (same author as Girl on the Train). Both were really suspenseful and I couldn't guess either ending!

28. Keshet
    February 28, 2018 / 1:24 pm

I'm late to the party (so behind on blog reading!) but you would LOVE the woman in the window!!!