25 Year Milestone in Paradise

I hope I can get through this post without tears welling up in my eyes for the 100th time in the past few days. Back in July, when the doctors estimated that Dad had up to 2-3 months with us, we never expected him to make it to Labor Day, or Mom’s birthday, or Halloween, or Thanksgiving & his 60th Birthday, or Christmas, or MLK Weekend and now…mom and his 25th wedding anniversary. Technically it’s on February 20th, but Ian, Lindsey and I gifted them a surprise a little early — a  night away at the beach. Dad has been anxious to see the bright blue ocean and relax his toes in warm white sand so my siblings and I went on a mission to make this dream come true for mom and dad’s upcoming anniversary.

So I set out to find the perfect resort that was on the beach, within a few hours from Orlando and wheelchair friendly. After lots of research and Trip Advisor reviews,  I landed on the perfect spot — Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, quickly booked a room and whipped up this cute card that Lindsey wrapped up and brought over for mom and dad to open.

They were totally surprised and excited.

A few days before mom and dad’s arrival I emailed the resort to
explain dad’s situation and politely request that a beach wheelchair be
available for the day. I also included a picture of our family so the resort wouldn’t think it was spam (which I later learned happens a lot!). Within a few hours I received a call from Jennifer from Sand Key who was so excited for mom and dad to spend their anniversary at Sand Key. She assured me that dad would have access to a golf cart anytime he wished and that they would take the best care of him.

I was also really worried about their room view and dad’s comfort level being away from home. In the event that dad wasn’t feeling well enough to sit on the beach, I really
wanted to make sure he could at least see the beach from his balcony and not a view of the parking lot. Well,
this is the view from the balcony that mom sent me after arriving to
their room.

I meannnnnn, there are no words. They also surprised them with a welcome fruit and cheese board. After getting settled they made their way down to the pool bar for lunch and drinks.

But the best surprise came when Jennifer asked me to have my parents meet her in the lobby at 5:45 pm. She had the golf cart waiting for them to take them down to the beach…for a private sunset dinner.

I know. I knowwwwwww. I’ve sobbed over this picture she sent me like 12 times already.

I was worried dad wouldn’t be able to get into the golf cart but he did! And what a huge blessing it was that he was feeling well enough to make it down!

Every single detail that was put into their dinner had me crying like a baby. When I received this picture from Jennifer of their table I melted into another puddle of tears. First of all, dinner on the beach…at sunset…with the most gorgeous tablescape of fresh flowers, shells and the family picture I had included on my original email that SHE printed and framed!! But the part that made me the weakest at the knees was that blue bottle. She went out of her way to find a special glass bottle for mom and dad to scoop up some sand to remember this trip forever. Someone pass another box of tissues…

Is this not the sweetest picture EVER? Tears, tears, tears.

For dinner, their private chef recommended the crab stuffed grouper which they both ordered and LOVED.

It was the most perfect evening for mom and dad and I honestly couldn’t be more thankful to have found the Sand Key Resort, for dad feeling well enough to make the trip, for “meeting” Jennifer and for this magical experience that mom and dad were able to have.

Happiest (early) 25th wedding anniversary, mom & dad!!!!

**This post is NOT sponsored in ANY way. The Sheraton Sand Key is seriously just THAT amazing.

1. Chelle
    February 8, 2018 / 1:13 am

Well, now you have me welling up. That was seriously the best thing I've heard in a long time. Happy anniversary to your parents!

2. Susan and Randy
    February 8, 2018 / 1:34 am

This. Is. Fabulous. ❤️

3. Erin
    February 8, 2018 / 1:44 am

This is unbelievably touching and amazing. It's so refreshing to hear of genuine acts of thoughtfulness! Much love to your parents on their anniversary.

4. Owen Davis @ Davis Duo
    February 8, 2018 / 2:14 am

Gosh TEARS! So very thankful that they were able to make these memories together! Here's to many more anniversaries for them!

5. Kathleen
    February 8, 2018 / 2:22 am

What a wonderful story!! Happy tears all around!!!

6. The Lucky Lifestyle
    February 8, 2018 / 2:33 am

How absolutely fabulous and cheers to you guys for pulling together such a special getaway for them. Overjoyed that your family keeps getting to celebrate these milestones. <3

7. SaavyShopper
    February 8, 2018 / 3:31 am

Just beautiful. All of it. <3

8. Laura Darling
    February 8, 2018 / 3:32 am

Well, I am crying. Jennifer sounds like an angel. That framed family photo on the table? That is above and beyond. There are so many good people in the world!!! 🙂 Happy, happy anniversary to your parents. SO thrilled they were able to make it to this milestone.

9. Leslie
    February 8, 2018 / 4:02 am

This is making me tear up! I'm so so so glad that this happened for your dad. This is so heartwarming that they put so much care into you parents' visit!

10. PolkaDottyPlace
    February 8, 2018 / 4:04 am

This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!! SO GLAD your parents were able to experience all of this goodness. What an amazing resort. The beach pictures are magical!

11. Penny Struebig
    February 8, 2018 / 6:08 am

Oh my gosh — I'm a puddle of tears too! What a magnificent experience for them. So, so very cool!

12. Aileen Johnston
    February 8, 2018 / 9:38 am

This should have had a bigger mascara warning! I am at work and sitting in a puddle of tears. My boss is wondering what's wrong as I am meant to be reading a contract!! I am so happy for all of you. I read your blog all the time and I get excited when I see a milestone that your dad has reached so I cannot imagine how happy you must all feel. Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to your folks and I am elated they got such a lovely stay. You are still in my thoughts and prayers xx

13. Lindsey Kenny
    February 8, 2018 / 12:28 pm

What a wonderful story! There are so many good people in this world. Congratulations on the 25th anniversary! What a special memory.

14. Life as the Mrs.
    February 8, 2018 / 12:29 pm

That is absolutely amazing! What a precious lady Jennifer is to do that! Congratulations to your mom and dad on their milestone anniversary. I'm so glad they got to celebrate together in this beautiful, memorable way!

15. A Simple Southern Life
    February 8, 2018 / 12:33 pm

How sweet!!! Now I'm crying as well… Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary!

16. Erin Barnes
    February 8, 2018 / 12:54 pm

First off, Congrats to your parents. 25 years is a milestone and one well deserved; you and your siblings have such wonderful role models. Second, well done Jennifer. I hope you include this link on their FB page so they can not only see the love and gratefulness from you, but from the readers of this blog as well!

17. Samantha Jo
    February 8, 2018 / 1:30 pm

my goodness I'm in tears at work – what an amazing service!!! happy anniversary to your wonderful parents

18. Anonymous
    February 8, 2018 / 2:06 pm

That is so heart warming. What a wonderful story to read. Congratulations to your mom and dad!

19. Somethin' Southern
    February 8, 2018 / 2:18 pm

This made my day! So happy they got to celebrate in such a special way!

20. Megan Garrott
    February 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

Well, this was NSFW. SOO sweet! These memories will truly be such a gift. Congratulations on 25 years!

21. danielle
    February 8, 2018 / 2:30 pm

And now I am bawling!! What a blessing for your family. Love seeing that there are some truly good, kind people out there who will go out of their way to serve others. Happy anniversary to your parents–I am so glad it was one they will always cherish.

22. Toni Dreist
    February 8, 2018 / 2:33 pm

Well how beautiful and wonderful is this?! My husband and I hit our 25 year wedding anniversary this hear so this makes my heart swell and gets me all teary. Congrats to a beautiful couple. Well done Sheraton Sand Key. I’ll remember that hotel. 💜

23. Jo
    February 8, 2018 / 2:46 pm

Love love love! I love so much that there are amazing caring people like Jennifer (and obviously her supportive staff) out there, and I love that you guys care for your family so well! Happy almost anniversary to your sweet parents!

24. Faith
    February 8, 2018 / 3:03 pm

OK, I seriously have tears running down my face! This was such an amazing gift and I love how the resort went out of their way to make sure that your parents had an amazing experience. This really makes me so happy and a reminder that there are amazing people in this world.

25. Elizabeth Pippin
    February 8, 2018 / 3:03 pm

You are all so blessed to have each other!!! Congratulations to your parents! Such an amazing story – thanks for sharing!

26. Adelyn V
    February 8, 2018 / 3:15 pm

Oh my word–totally tearing up reading this. First, you all are awesome for thinking of doing such a special thing for your Mom and Dad. Second, it sounds like Jennifer and this resort offer amazing customer service. Kudos to them and certainly a testament for others to book them. So glad they had a great time!

27. melissa
    February 8, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Oh my goodness. This is just the best. That your mom and dad got to spend an anniversary together they didn't think they'd see, that you and your siblings thought of such a thoughtful gift, the kindness of the hotel staff – TOO GOOD. So happy for your family that your dad is doing well and making memories!

28. Laurayne
    February 8, 2018 / 3:34 pm

Oh wow! Just WOW! I'm in a puddle of tears just reading this. AMAZING. Plain and simple. Happy SILVER wedding anniversary to them.❤❤🥂❤❤

29. Melissa
    February 8, 2018 / 4:18 pm

We live in West Palm Beach and i was looking for a close spring break spot to take our kiddos and you just sold me on this place!! Amazing! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

30. Maria Portales
    February 8, 2018 / 5:22 pm

I love you and your family! Seriously, I just cried tears of joy for your mom and dad! Happy 25th Anniversary to your parents! And the picture of them on the back of the golf cart is a framer for sure!!

31. Annie
    February 8, 2018 / 5:26 pm

Tears tears and tears. Incredibly special. xoxo

32. Carli
    February 8, 2018 / 5:55 pm

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. Your parents are so blessed by you all. What magic you all (and Jennifer) created for them. God bless you all. emrbacingawildflower.com

33. BCuenin
    February 8, 2018 / 6:02 pm

This is the best and kindest post I've read in awhile. Here's to your parents celebrating much more together!

34. Alicia Venable
    February 8, 2018 / 6:25 pm

Seriously crying at my desk, everything about this is SO sweet!

35. Traci
    February 8, 2018 / 6:26 pm

This is so awesome!!! It's so nice to know there are really great people in the world that want to help. Still praying for you & your family.

36. Lauren @ The Pizza Monster Mama
    February 8, 2018 / 6:35 pm

I love EVERYTHING about this! I'm trying so hard not to burst into tears at my desk!

37. Caley-Jade Rosenberg
    February 8, 2018 / 6:49 pm

All. The. Feels.What a special celebration and an incredible hotel!!! x

38. Brandi
    February 8, 2018 / 6:53 pm

AMAZING!!! This gave me the chills and tears in my eyes! Love it!!!

39. Stacey
    February 8, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Reading this post gave me chills and leaking eyes😪! But WOW this is so amazingly awesome!!!!

40. Michele McFadden
    February 9, 2018 / 2:40 am

Wow, just wow. That's the best thing that I have read in a while. God bless you all.

41. Paula
    February 9, 2018 / 12:28 pm

How wonderful, and, I am crying, too. Much love to your parents.

42. sara [at] journey of doing
    February 9, 2018 / 4:07 pm

All of this. <3

43. Katie
    February 9, 2018 / 10:21 pm

Well that was an emotional read!! That resort & that woman are absolutely amazing. Such a huge heart she has.

44. شركة نقاء المملكة لمكافحة الحشرات
    February 9, 2018 / 10:55 pm

Best insect control companyافضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياضpest control company in riyadh شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمامشركة مكافحة حشرات بجدةشركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

45. LB
    February 11, 2018 / 3:50 pm

That just made me cry. What a special memory for your mom. 🙂

46. rox
    February 11, 2018 / 11:55 pm

WOW, just WOW! Such an amazing trip. So very special!