Charlotte City Guide

I often get emails from readers asking for recommendations for restaurants, things to do and places to say when visiting Charlotte. When considering which recommendations to give, I think about what I like to do and where I like to take my out of town visitors, rather than the touristy things. So today I’m sharing my Charlotte City Guide for those of you who want to experience the Queen City like a local. But warning, you will probably want to relocate here after your visit.

EAT

Additional restaurant recommendations.

DRINK

PLAY

KIDS

STAY

Charlotte friends and readers, chime in with YOUR favorites in the comments to help our visitors out!

1. August 14, 2018 / 7:28 pm

Perfect recap of how to spend time in the Queen City! I’d add 7th street public market as a pit stop with Imaginon and a Panthers game during football season! Love our city!

• August 15, 2018 / 7:42 am

Good additions!!!! I love grabbing lunch at 7th Street Market during the week! So good!

2. edith
    August 15, 2018 / 7:41 am

#KeepPounding!

3. August 15, 2018 / 10:28 am

Love living in Charlotte.

I would also suggest:

Sunday brunch at The Gallery (inside the Ballantyne Hotel) or high tea in the lobby.
    Shopping at Blakeney
    Dessert at Café Monte
    Touring The Billy Graham Library

To name a few.

4. August 15, 2018 / 11:04 am

Thanks for this! We currently live in Atlanta, and my husband was offered a job in Charlotte. We are taking a trip up soon to see if it’s move we want to make. SO nervous!!

• Laura
      August 16, 2018 / 9:57 pm

Charlotte is amazing! My friends from Atlanta regularly visit us here and love it.

5. Sonia
    August 15, 2018 / 11:35 am

I miss living in Charlotte, so much! I feel like every time I’m down there, something has changed or something new has popped up – it was just such a great place to live!

6. Nikki
    August 15, 2018 / 2:05 pm

I was recently there for work and looked up running routes for my morning run and found the rail trail. It was SO great and I wish we had something like it where we live! All the bars and breweries along it looked awesome as well.

7. August 16, 2018 / 7:53 am

Soul in plaza midwood for cocktails or dinner. Also in that neighborhood Boris and Natasha is a super cute boutique! I have loved CFT since before it was ever featured on DD&D, another new great place for tacos is Ru’Ru’s. There are some really fun places in Metropolitan that I noticed when I did the July 4 miler race. This area is definitely always changing and growing!

• Christina
      Author
      August 16, 2018 / 7:43 pm

Soul, YES!!!!!

8. Kate Delanoy
    August 16, 2018 / 10:40 pm

So fun! My aunt lives in Charlotte and every time I visit, I always want to stay!! Some day… 😉