Today Caroline turned FIVE! My goodness, this number has hit me hard. FIVE! I swear she came into our life just yesterday, yet here we are in the blink of an eye. This morning Matt and I took her out for a pancake breakfast, our tradition we do with each kid on their birthday. We also surprised her with birthday gifts — a big girl camera and a camera bag purse to carry it in. Afterwards we dropped her off at school (with cupcakes!) where her classmates were excitedly waiting to hug and sing to her. It was the cutest thing ever. And for dinner we went to her favorite restaurant — Cowfish! It was a great day!
Five Things I Love About Caroline
- She has the biggest heart in the whole world and is always thinking about others, sharing her things and wants to be a good friend to everyone. She loves to write and is constantly making little “gift cards” (cards that are gifts) for her family, friends and teachers. Her prayers go on and on and on because she makes sure to thank Jesus for every person in her life every day.
- She takes great pride in curating her daily outfits. A new dress is the way to her heart. She wears a dress every.single.day. It’s rare that she grabs a pair of shorts out of her drawer.
- She still doesn’t sleep. Ever. She stays up for hours after we put her to bed…constantly appearing at the top of the stairs loudly whispering down to us for just one more kiss and hug!
- She is SO ready and excited for Kindergarten and asks to go lunchbox shopping every day.
- Caroline loves a colorful pedicure, grocery shopping with her own list to check off, is an aspiring photographer and is the best sous-chef!
Happy birthday, Caroline Grace! We love you “as high as the sun” and count you as one of our greatest blessings!