A few of my favorite Amazon items from March!
Let’s kick off the list with our favorite items we refilled this month:
- No-Show Socks: I don’t know how socks disappear in our house so fast, but these are my favorite socks. And Matt’s favorite socks too. So I just bought another pack so we can stop stealing from each other’s drawers.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: I got the pump version this go around which has been awesome. This is the best moisturizer that I have purchased again and again and again!
- Loafers for Thomas: This is our 8th pair of these loafers I’ve purchased for Thomas!!! They are SO dang cute and he always gets so many compliments every time he wears them. These loafers comes in 6 colors.
- Kids Swim Goggles: We had SUCH good luck with these anti-fog goggles last summer that we purchased them again for the kids this year. These leak-proof goggles have an adjustable strap that CLIPS behind the head versus pulling over the head and getting tangled in hair along the way down.
- Make-up Sponges: Just purchased another set of these after all of mine disappeared (ahem, Caroline).
Books I Read
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
- Hidden Valley Road: Inside The Mind of An American Family by Robert Kolker
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
- Meditation for Beginners by Benjamin Decker
- How To Talk So Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber & Julie King
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
I am obsessed with labeling things with my label maker right now. From light switches to tupperware containers, I cannot stop putting stickers on things. A few weekends ago I reorganized the laundry room and labeled every shelf which made Matt laugh when he opened up a cabinet looking for light bulbs. But hey — he found them very easily!
Glamorous Diva Wash
I almost prefaced this product recommendation with “I cannot believe I splurge on…laundry detergent“…and then I remembered all the bottles of Dreft I once purchased. And also, this luxury detergent is worth it…and will last awhile as it is highly concentrated. I discovered this heavenly detergent back in December when April gifted it at our Community Group Favorite Things Party with the suggestion to use it on our own clothes (not the kids’ dirty socks and underwear), sheets and towels! Solid advice. While it’s not the cheapest detergent, I have been using a tiny bottle on towels and sheets for a few months and just ran out…and purchased the larger size!
Quick disclaimer & story: This is a VERY strong fragrance and you will either love or HATE it. So start with a small bottle, maybe even split one with a friend to try. I was so excited to wash our sheets the very next day after receiving this detergent that I actually decided to clean out the washer machine filter just before using. After throwing the sheets in the wash on the extra long deep clean cycle, I sat on back to back calls the rest of the afternoon only to find my laundry room was completely FLOODED when I returned to flip the wash. Apparently I had not screwed the filter back in all the way so the water just poured right out all over the floor for 90 minutes. Anywayyyyyyy, the fragrance was SO strong that my ENTIRE house smelled like this laundry detergent for DAYS! When Matt walked into the house that evening (not knowing about the flood), he could not stop raving about the fragrance! I couldn’t believe how powerful the scent was and then read the instructions on the bottle — you only need a CAP FULL. Lots of users even mix their cap full of detergent with a fragrance free laundry soap to make it last longer.
We recently discovered the most fun version of UNO ever, thanks to a gift from one of Matt’s colleagues — UNO Flip!! This version features a twist on the game with a two-sided deck of cards and some new action cards too (skip ALL and back to you!). At any point in the game, you may encounter a “flip” card which requires all players to flip their cards and play from the other side.
Pop-Open Lunch Box Cards
I have never been SO happy to pack a lunch for Caroline right now. Last year I started including these super adorable pop-open cards in her lunchbox and she loved them SO much. In fact, she gets so excited about them that she typically opens her lunchbox first thing in the morning before school just to check her card. It’s so cute. Anyway, I have the You Can Do It version, but there are some other super cute options like Dream Big, I Love You, You’re Amazing and there’s even a Pop-Open Card 3-pk if you want to switch up your message theme each day! There’s also room on the back of each card for you to write a personal note. I highly recommend these cute little cards for lunch boxes, school bags, pockets, or anywhere you want to leave a love/empowerment/motivational/happy note for your kids! I should also mention there are adult versions of these too (with 21 different message themes to pick from) which would be fun to leave for your spouse/partner, neighbor, co-worker, mailman, etc.
Here are some examples of the messaging inside the cards!
Matt purchased me a set of clubs last year and I used them for my first golf lesson last weekend. This set is a great beginner set. We also have a great set for Caroline and a set for Thomas too.
New Foyer Decor
A few new updates in our foyer this week — I got a new rug from Amazon that looks even cuter in person and Matt hung the basketball hoop…
Little Girl Dresses
I rounded up our favorite spring dresses for Caroline in THIS POST.
Rainbow Bath Bombs
Oh, and HOW CUTE are these rainbow bath bombs?! These bath bombs shoot out a RAINBOW OF COLORS to create a magical effect in the bath tub. You can purchase them as a single, 2 pack or 4 pack! I bought a set for the kids’ Easter baskets!
Picnic Cooler Backpack
We have been getting SO MUCH USE out of our new cooler backpack. This backpack is comfortable to wear, holds a ton (including full size wine bottles), is leak-proof and offers lots of pockets/compartments for games, silverware, napkins, etc. I highly recommend this pack for summer beach trips, picnics and more!
It’s been a year since I last rounded up my favorite kitchen gadgets so I wanted to share an updated list of my most favorite items in my kitchen! I use MANY of these gadgets either daily or weekly! If you’re looking to add one gadget to your kitchen from this list, let it be the meat mixer masher thingy or the Black+Decker Dustbuster.
- Rapid Egg Cooker: I discovered and have used this miracle egg cooker since 2018! It can whip up hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, individual omelets, and all within minutes of the push start button – it is amazing. It’s got almost 18k amazon reviews too!!!!
- Meat Mixer Masher Thingy: I am pretty sure you all own one of these by now. This masher works insanely well for breaking up ground meats — hello, taco night! We use this so often that it rarely makes it from the dishwasher to the drawer — I am constantly pulling it straight out to use it another night. You can also use it to mash potatoes. Previously shared this on a Five on Friday, Top 10 Kitchen Gadgets, Daily Faves and other posts.
- Lazy Tools: I think I’ve blogged about these 323543534023 times since 2012, but they really are THAT amazing. I use them every single time I cook on the stove. The most recent feature was on a Five on Friday and Top 10 Home Gadgets post.
- Air Fryer: I do NOT know why I waited so long to get one but I finally purchased an air fryer earlier this year and it’s been life changing!! I originally purchased the air fryer just for fries (my favorite food) but we use it SOOOOOOOO much!!! Do you know how much better chicken nuggets are once they’ve been warmed up in the air fryer for a few minutes?! Mind blowing. We’ve also done brussels sprouts, salmon and more in the air fryer! In fact, I cook chicken at least once a week in my air fryer. I highly recommend if you don’t have one.
- Salad Dressing Shaker: Mentioned as a top item from my Daily Faves post, I use this shaker several times a week for dressings and marinades. Monday nights are usually salad night and this shaker always comes in handy for homemade dressings. I’m thinking of grabbing the smaller size too.
- Fridge Organizer Bins: We use these bins keep snack pouches, fruits, applesauce cups, veggies, yogurts and more organized in the fridge. They are also nice for catching any leaks too.
- Waffle Maker: This is our newest gadget at Matt’s request. He usually makes pancakes every weekend morning but recently switched over to waffles! This waffle maker is perfect for quickly whipping up fluffy and delicious waffles.
- Wine Opener: My friend Stephanie brought this opener to our Community Group Favorite Things Gift Exchange. It is the most simple and easiest air pump wine opener, which she demonstrated as part of her presentation and we were all amazed. You simply slide the needle into the cork and pump it a few times and the cork pops right out damage-free!
- Electric Knife Sharpener: One of my Christmas list items, Matt surprised me with this knife sharpener and it is AMAZING. I hate sharpening my knives but this little machine makes it SO easy and fast!
- Fondue Pot: I’ve talked about this SO much lately so I won’t go into another review but we have LOVED our fondue pot and most recently used it for New Years Eve and Valentine’s Day!
- Cut & Seal Sandwich Maker: Prior to purchasing this gadget, I was spending a crazy amount of money on uncrustables each week. I was skeptical if this cut & seal sandwich maker would actually work. And let me just tell you…it works — perfectly. It’s easy enough to use that even the kids can make their own uncrustables with it. If you’ve got your kids at home with you all summer, I highly recommend purchasing one NOW and making a bunch to freeze for many lunches ahead!
- Nylon Pan Scrapers (3 pk): One of my favorite reader-recommended kitchen items, these scrapers make cleaning scrambled egg pans SO easy. I use one of these scrapers almost daily. They work so well!
- Lemon & Lime Squeezer/Juicer: Another fave gadget for squeezing fresh fruit for cocktails, salad dressings, sauces and so much more!
- Cereal Saver Containers: Last year I finally transferred all the cereal from destroyed boxes to cereal saver containers. Not only do these keep our cereal fresh, they are so much easier for the kids to use. Previously they were cutting the cereal bags down the sides and spilling it everywhere…then not sealing it back up. These are the best!
- Silver Dollar Pancake Pan: Probably one of the most used weddings gifts we ever received. Matt has cooked so many pancakes on this pan over the past 10 years that the handle is starting to fall off.
- Meal Planner Pad: This magnetic7x10 inch pad LIVES on our refrigerator so anyone in the family can add to the grocery list or know what’s for dinner anytime they want. This meal planner pad is my favorite because it features a tear-off grocery list!!! I just ran out of pages on my pad and ordered another!
- Pizza Cutter: We use our pizza cutter for SO MUCH MORE than cutting pizza. It comes in handy for cutting crust off bread, greens, quesadillas and more.
- Spiralizer: I’ve had this zoodle maker for years and while we don’t use it as often as some of our other gadgets, it definitely comes in handy during whole30 or when we’re focused on low carb meals. It’s a fun tool to use and the kids love taking turns spiralizing the zucchini noodles.
- Black+Decker Dustbuster: I spent wayyyy too much time researching the BEST dustbuster on the market a few years ago for two insanely messy toddlers (and dog, at the time) and found THE BEST dustbuster. Make sure you splurge on the lithium battery version! We use this after every.single.meal to vacuum up all the crumbs. Previously raved about this hand held vacuum in an Amazon Favorites Post and listed it in my Top 10 Home Gadgets post.
- Lemi Shine Appliance Cleaner: I am the WORST at remembering to clean our appliances — coffee maker, washing machine, dishwasher, etc. However, on a whim I grabbed a pack of Lemi Shine dishwasher cleaner from the grocery store and used it over the weekend. I seriously cannot get over how amazing this cleaner worked. I posted it on Stories and so many of you recommended the washing machine and garbage disposal cleaner too!! I think I paid $4 for one packet of dishwasher cleaner from the grocery store but Amazon sells them much cheaper.
Easter Basket Ideas
All of these items are available on Amazon if you’re looking for some last minute Easter basket filler!
LAST YEAR’S BASKETS: THOMAS EASTER BASKET + LINER / CAROLINE EASTER BASKET + LINER
- Guess Who Card Game
- Connect 4 Card Game
- Card Holder
- Giant Uno
- Charades for Kids
- Harry Potter
- Captain Underpants
- Whatever After
- Unicorn Slime Kit
- Rainbow bath bombs
- Echo Dot
- Kids Electric Toothbrush
- Dinosaur Taco Holder
- Water Bottle
- Surprise Eggs
And I updated last year’s egg filler ideas for you too! All of these items are from Amazon! And most of these come as pre-filled eggs so it even saves you a step of filling them yourself! It would be really fun to partner with another family to each buy a few of these fillers that come in larger quantities and then split them with each other! 1. Jumping Emojis 2. Pull-Back Cars 3. Grow Dinosaurs 4. Stamps 5. Dinosaur Surprise Eggs 6. Necklaces & Bracelets 7. Finger Puppets 8. Construction Trucks 9. Zipper Bracelets 10. Stretch Smiley Faces 11. Slap Bracelets 12. Army Men 13. Sea Animal Bath Toys 14. Wind Up Toys 15. Slime Putty 16. Squishies
Leave a Reply