166. That’s the number of blog posts I published in 2019! 166!!! That is by far the most content I’ve ever pushed out in a year and although it took a ton of work and time, it has been so fulfilling to me. I am so grateful for all of you who read along here, share my blog with others and continue to help build this community of ours.
As I continue working on my 2020 goals and plans for Carolina Charm it’s super important to me to hear from YOU! It’s been awhile since I polled y’all on your favorite content of mine so I’ve got a few questions. Feel free to answer as many of them as you want in the comments! I really appreciate your feedback and it helps me tremendously in planning my content and improving your user experience in this space!
- What type of content do you want to see more of? (recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, the kids, fashion, product recommendations, entertaining, etc.)
- How often do you visit my blog?
- How do you learn about new posts? (Blog subscriber, blog reader, Instagram, blog is bookmarked, etc.)
- How did you originally find my blog? (Pinterest, Google, friend recommendation, Instagram)
- Tell me something about yourself!
1. A little bit of everything but I like very much of Amazon finds, family and home stuff
3. Blog is bookmarked, instagram
4. Google I think, it was a long time ago
5. I live in an amazing island with breathtaking landscapes in the Atlantic Ocean: Madeira Island (Portugal)
1. Love you blog and the content you post!!
2. Any time there is a new post – or when I am looking for something you posted before.
3. I log into bloglovin a few times a week or when you post about it on Insta
4. I have been a long time follower – before kids and such, but I don’t remember how I came across your blog, I am just happy I did!! It’s a fav!!
5. I am a mom of 2 kids, 9 & 7.
Aw! Thank you!! I use Bloglovin too!!
1. I love ALL the content. My favorites are recipes, mom hacks, and amazon finds. Sharing in the same season of life with crazy work/life balance for my husband and I along with our two littles.
2. Visit weekly
4. I can’t remember how I found my way here. I have been a reader for several years.
5. Married to my husband of almost 10 years. Enjoying watching our 6 and 3 year old grow and become there own person. I am a nurse. Enjoy reading in our hometown of Concord.
Thank you for reading along all these years, Lindsey!!!! We are in the trenches together!!!
Oh my goodness — your island sounds dreamy!! Can I come visit?! Thank you for reading along!!!
1. I love all of your content! Especially Amazon finds, Charlotte content and product recs! Your travel posts are great also. I’m not married yet or a mom so some of your parenting posts don’t apply to me, but I still think they’re fun to read.
2. Every time there’s a new post!
3. Blog Lovin’ and Instagram
4. Through April from Smidge of This
5. I went to college in Charlotte (and lived there a year following as well) but sadly I never knew about your blog when I lived there! Glad to have found it since though! 🙂
Thank you so much friend!!! It’s too bad we didn’t cross paths when you were still in CLT! That would be so fun!
1) A day in the life, family stuff, weekend recap and recipes. I usually skip over all of the link posts because I find that everyone does them and it’s over done. I have so many of your recipes bookmarked!
2) Whenever I see an interesting post title! 2-3 a week.
3) I follow on Newsify and Instagram.
4) We got married at the same time and I found you while searching for wedding planning ideas through blogs! It’s been awhile!
5) We statyed at a place you recommended in Folly Beach one year after we had our daughter!
I love that y’all stayed at the same Folly Beach place!!! Isn’t that place magical!? I want to go back! Thank you SO much for following along ALL THESE YEARS! It feels like forever ago we were planning our weddings, right?!
Toni :0) says
1. I like Amazon finds (the air compressor rec was great!), Day in the Life, Weekend Rewinds and recipes).
2. A couple times a week.
3. Bookmarked and Instagram
4. Through April (Smidge of This)
5. I turn the big 5-0 in March, have a 21 year old son and a 16 year old daughter and follow from Michigan. ☺️
WOOHOO — Happy almost 50th!! Your comments always make my day, Toni!!
Thank you for all of the great content!
1. More of everything. You have a great mix. Personally, I don’t love your fashion finds. They are super cute, but I am above avg height and since you are petite rarely am I able to make them work. But keep sharing for the ladies that can use them.
2. 2-3 times per week.
3. I bookmark your website, but your IG posts push me to check more often.
4. I don’t remember—it’s been years. I think another blogger shared your site.
5. You are the only remaining “original” blogger that I follow- meaning you were part of the first group of blogs I ever followed. Over time the other blogs have become so commercialized that I don’t enjoy their content or no longer blog, so thank you for remaining true to yourself!
Thank you so much Rebecca!!! And I totally know what you mean — I miss the good old blogging days!! I followed SO MANY BLOGS then too!!
1- Amazon, marriage, hosting, easy and quick recipes, parenting…I love a variety!
2 – Daily! I check it first thing in morning when I sit down at my desk before my work day starts!
3 – blog is bookmarked in phone and on laptop, your IG posts…
4 – Instagram
5 – I have two boys – 20 months and 3 months!
Jackie — you are the BEST! Thank you for reading along and congrats on the littlest man!!!
1. Family stuff, Amazon finds and fashion recommendations
2. Daily 🙂
3. Blog is “favorited”
4. Google – years ago!
5. I just used your code for Havenly after seeing your beautiful designs – can’t wait to see what they can do!
YAY!!!!!! We are about to do another room with Havenly too because they are just SO SO good!! You’ll have to report back!! So excited for you! Thank you for reading along!
1. I love everything about your blog and share your finds, recipes, books – all recommendations with so many of my family and friends.
2. A couple of times a week.
4. I’m not sure but I honestly don’t follow any other blogs anymore. You are an inspiration and so refreshing.
5. I turned 60 this past June, have two children, a wonderful 34-year and counting marriage, and had a 20-year career in the software industry working for Microsoft. I retired in my 40s to spend more time with my two children who are now 23 and 26. My son is a Tulane graduate and my daughter is a Vanderbilt graduate. When my son left for college I began consulting and now do research full-time for a college in CT where I live.
Thank you for sharing your sweet life with us –
Gini — you are amazing! Teach me your ways!!!! Thank you for reading along!!
1. I love all of your posts honestly. I feel like I can relate to you so easily. I love all of your home updates/decor; we have taken a few of your ideas for ourselves. I love reading about marriage, being a working mom and handling the household with all of your tips, recipes, day in the life, amazon finds. The best part is I feel like you never push anything off to “sell” to us readers; your honest and you have stayed true the entire time I have ever read.
2. I check all the time but I am also subscribed for your updates.
3. Blog Lovin, Instragram
4. Years ago from another blogger
5. Just another working mom with two kiddos that loves all the tips you suggest!! I love that you haven’t commercialized your blog like so many other bloggers; I understand why they do but it doesn’t have the personal touch for me.
This is seriously the sweetest compliment ever. THANK YOU!!! You are the best!
More of everything! I’ve been reading your blog for many, many years and you’re the only blogger left that actually writes good content about life and family and not just 100% sponsored posts, etc. I never feel like I’m being sold anything when I read your posts, so thank you! Love all of your finds and follow through Bloglovin and Instagram!
Anna — THANK YOU! That really means SO much to me. You are the best!
1. First of all I really love all of your posts! I especially like your five on Fridays, recipes, Amazon round ups, and home décor. I also get hosting inspiration from you and like when you post about parties, supper club, etc.
2. Daily Monday-Friday. I only do this for about 3 blogs but you’ve been one of my favorites for years now!
3. I honestly just check your page every morning. I live in Arizona so by the time I wake up if you have a post that day it’s usually up. I occasionally will see on Instagram if there’s a post later in the day.
4. I think on Pinterest quite awhile ago although it might have been a 5 on Friday when you used to do the link up with other bloggers – I’ve been following along since I was in college and you were just about to get married.
5. I went to Ohio State, am now in law school & work for a golf company – so I relate to lots of your posts about Matt! 🙂
Thanks for keeping up with this blog as your family has grown and your life has gotten more hectic – I absolutely love following along and getting all sorts of inspiration from you! You are a few years ahead of me and it’s such an inspiration to see you balancing a successful career, home life, and side priorities passions like your workouts and this blog. I know it’s not always easy and I’m mostly a silent reader – but I am grateful for all you share with us on this space!
Kaylee — this comment seriously made my day. Thank you so much for reading along all this time! One of my goals this year is to host more in our home so hopefully I’ll have lots more of that content to share! Yay! O-H!
Laura Wyatt says
1. recipes, life hack roundups, day in the life, etc.
3. blog visits or instagram
4. back when i was looking for charlotte bloggers to stalk and eventually become best friends with. it worked.
1. I really love the recipes, life hack type posts
4. oh my goodness, I have NO idea. possibly from smidge of this, WAY back in the day
Emily Janning says
What type of content do you want to see more of? (recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, the kids, fashion, product recommendations, entertaining, etc.): Amazon finds, recipes, day in the life’s, family stuff
How often do you visit my blog? Weekly
How do you learn about new posts? (Blog subscriber, blog reader, Instagram, blog is bookmarked, etc.). Bloglovin and instagram
How did you originally find my blog? (Pinterest, Google, friend recommendation, Instagram).
April robsons blog
Tell me something about yourself! Just had baby number 3 earlier this month. Lots of late night reading now 🙂
Lindsay Robillard says
1. I love the Amazon posts! Also entertaining and home organization.
2. I usually read everyday during my morning cup of coffee.
3. It is bookmarked and yours is really the only one I read anymore!
4. Google I think…but its been awhile.
5. I live in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle with my husband and 3 kids (6, 5, 13 mo). I love entertaining in my tiny Seattle home, cooking, reading, and drinking wine!
Shawna Tillery says
1. Amazon finds, recipes, day in the life and anything children related.
2. A few times a week How often do you visit my blog?
3. Blog is bookmarked or Instagram
4. Years ago through Smidge of This.
5. Working mom of a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old almost 3 (cue tears) son.
1. Amazon finds, product recs (no paid partnerships), I love how it is currently
3. Instagram, I always stop by on Friday’s for your top 5
4. Veronika Blushing (a long long time ago)
5. The Zarabee’s melatonin has helped our son so much! I’m grateful for that Amazon find!
1. I like everything but really like your product recs, amazon finds, family stuff, and recipes. I would love to see even more of how you balance everything and just your day to day stuff.
3. I have you on instagram but mostly I just come to your page everyday, it’s part of my morning routine.
4. It’s been so long ago that I really don’t remember.
5. I’m a full time working mom of two little girls (3yo and almost 9mo) and love seeing your tips!
1. I like your day in the life and your working mom posts, recipes. Don’t love your clothing posts because they don’t generally work since I am not petite, also don’t love the link ups since it seems those are overdone in the blogging world
2. every time you post
3. blog lovin
4. another blogger
Well this is great!!
1. I love your blog (easily in my top 5) because of the huge amount of variety that you offer. It is truly unique! So my recommendation would be to keep up the mix! I love that you don’t just focus on one thing.
If I was asking for more of something it would be the lifestyle side – real life, day in the life, career, tactics and strategies, organization, vacation recaps, thoughts on a specific topic, etc. I would also love more around holidays!
2. I check your blog every weekday morning.
3. I don’t subscribe to anything – I just pop on each morning!
4. Once upon a time, I think it was through a Pinterest recipe, then I just dug in!
5. I’m in my 20s, recently graduated from college, navigating a career in corporate america, and living in west Michigan. I love reading your blog because it’s what I have to look forward to in the future and is just so fun!
Anita Summerlin says
1. Family and Home
2. 3 times a week
3. Blog is bookmarked
4. My daughter
5. I live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of VA. I retired last year and travel pretty much all the time. There is so much to see and do in this beautiful world we live in!
1. I particularly like your product recommendations and entertainment overviews with décor, menus, etc (those tablescapes!). I guess the one thing that might be helpful is more of an overview of how you budget for décor, etc. for parties and such. Sometimes, that can seem unattainable, but I’ve gotten the sense from your posts that you try to spend wisely, so I would like some more insight into that!
2. I typically visit any day that you post, so roughly 190 times last year
3. I subscribe via Feedly, and click through.
4. The Friday Five linkup! I forget where I found it, but that’s how I found this blog, which I’ve been reading for 6 (?!) years.
5. I’m a librarian and geek out hard any time you post about books, audiobooks, or libraries!
Kristin Q says
1. I love your working mom posts, Amazon finds and Weekend recaps.
2. Every time you have a post.
3. Blog is bookmarked.
4. Google, I think. I first started following right after you got married!
5. I live in Pennsylvania and my husband and I are trying to start a family. I’m going to be continuing to work full-time and I love learning how to balance work and family from your posts.
1. I like all of it- family updates, recipes, product recommendations (especially beauty and makeup), fashion finds
2. A couple of times a week.
3. Instagram usually
4. I found you through another Charlotte blogger, but now I cannot recall who it was…
5. My kids are 5 and 20 months, I am working professional, and I can relate to your lifestage so very much so I find your blog so helpful and entertaining.
1. Amazon finds, kid content, product/clothing/book/decor/holiday recommendations, entertaining/recipe ideas, trip readouts, home/reno ideas
2. 2-3 times/week (every Friday for 5 on Friday)
3. I use feedly and your instagram stories to see when you post – and I habitually check Friday mornings.
4. Friend recommended 5+ years ago
5. I don’t live in NC, so the Charlotte-specific recs don’t influence me 🙂
Suz F. says
1. Family life, marriage, day-to-day, balancing everything and weekend rewinds. I love your supper club posts and anything to do with parties/hosting. Also we’re almost the exact same size and I love having a petit resource for clothes and other recs.
2. Every 2-3 days.
3. Just coming directly to your blog page (not because I was notified, I just think about it or see something that reminds me) and/or your instagram posts.
4. I honestly don’t even remember, I’ve been reading since right after you got married. Maybe another blog you had linked up to at the time or possibly pinterest, but honestly it was so long ago I genuinely do not remember.
5. I live in Greenville, SC, had my first child in June and became a full time working mom in September.
1. Everything! Especially enjoy the more personal posts about motherhood, health, balance, marriage, friendship, etc. I would love to hear more about your career (as much as you’re able to share), professional development, building relationships at work, etc.
2. I check every day!
3. Bookmarked under “Favorite Blogs” folder.
4. Through Smidge of This blog years ago.
5. I make one of your soup recipe’s almost every Sunday 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to share your life with us! As a young married professional with no kids yet, I admire how you balance all.the.things with humor and a positive perspective – something I aim to do as my life inevitably becomes busier. I appreciate the time you take to keep your blog thriving and do try to use your Amazon links if there’s something I’m looking to purchase.
1. I love all of your blog posts, but my favorites are weekend/vacay recaps, real life posts, and five on Fridays!
2. I check it every weekday morning when I get to work.
3. I just check it every day, but also follow on Instagram.
4. Instagram I believe!
5. I’m in my late 20s and live in Maryland. I am looking forward to getting married and having a family of my own in the next few years!
I love your blog!
1. I love your product recommendations. I have tried some of your recommendations and they are tried and true-and reliable, so I really look forward to those and the Five on Fridays. I don’t have kids, etc. so those posts don’t grab my attention as much, but I still like to read them.
2. I get an email every time you post something new, but I also check daily.
3. Blog subscriber
4. April from “Smidge of This”
5. I live in beautiful sunny Southern California 🙂
Tara Hunter says
1. Five on Fridays, kid posts, recipes, product recs, working mama posts. Love your clothing posts as I am about your size, but would love to see less clothing from amazon!
2. whenever a new post is up
4. No idea, I think it was from another blog but don’t remember which one. I only follow a handful of bloggers now, and you’re one I’ve followed for years.
5. Missouri resident, farmer’s wife, mama of 2 (boy-7, girl – 5), part-time graphic designer + photographer.
1. I love the Amazon, fashion, entertaining and family stuff.
2. When you pop up in my Feedly I usually click to visit your actual site.
4. Recommendation from another blogger but I can’t remember who!
5. I live in NC as well so I love your posts about things to do across the state.
1. I really love all of your working mom / life hacks / “how you do it” / day in the life content. As a fellow working mom with young kids, it’s super helpful and inspiring. I also enjoy your marriage and home decor content, and really appreciate that you are down-to-earth and relatable.
2. I read every new post
3. Via Bloglovin
4. Via the original 5 on Friday link up (I used to have a blog)
5. I work in marketing for a technology company in Portland, OR, and am a mom to 3 kids – 8, 5, and 2- just trying to figure out how to juggle everything and still have a little fun too!
Caitlin Eaves says
1. I really love every single one of yours post! I literally read them all but your day in the life, parties you host, kid posts all are so helpful. I like that you rotate them all so it always feels like it’s new.
3. I just check it every day but I also follow on Instagram and FB.
4. Gosh, I don’t even remember. It was that long ago 🙂
5. I live in Texas with my husband and two littles – 3.5 and 1.
1. I love the variety, but particularly enjoy the working mom stuff, family life, and recipes.
3. usually just by checking the site
4. I think it was the 5 on Friday link ups back in the day!
5. working mama of two (7 and 3) in Minnesota
Peyton Cline says
1. I literally love all your posts!! I trust all your recommendations, and I love your sense of style, both fashion and home decor.
2. I check daily for new posts
3. I have your page bookmarked.
4. I was throwing a Baby-B-Q and Googled party ideas and your post about Caroline’s came up!
5. I absolutely love to cook (in fact my job placement test in college said I should be a chef), but I hate baking 🤷🏼♀️
1. Everything you mentioned, is honestly all my favorite and can’t pick anything I want to see more of because your blog spread is everything, I enjoy reading. Your blog is very relatable to my life and interests. I have made several of your recipes. We love to host parties so seeing the entertaining is exciting and full of great ideas. Love the product recommendations and gift ideas! Have bought many!
2. Mornings of Monday through Friday
3. Your Blog is under my frequent visit list on my phone. 😊
4. Pinterest in 2012…I was looking how to make pom poms to be thrown at my wedding as well. My mom taught me how to make them when I was in 4th grade and I forgot how and came across your pins on Pinterest and have been following ever since.
5. I live in IL with my husband and 1 ½ year old daughter. He enjoys playing golf so the “golf” watch you recommended is his favorite. We went to Charlotte in 2015 to watch basketball games and we went to Cabo Fish Taco (LOVED), Cowfish, and a brewery you recommended and loved it all. I have bought many of your gift recommendations for family and friends! They ask, where’d you get this idea…I say, North Carolina Charm! Just told my husband last night I want to start your Friday family tradition with pizza from different locations, dessert, and a family movie in a couple years. We cook the restaurant style steak, twice baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus now for every Valentines that you posted years ago. Our favorite Valentine’s tradition. Delicious! Thanks for all the work you put into your blog for us to enjoy!
Christine W. says
1. Would love more recipes (Tuna & Spinach and Greek Bowls are on the weekly rotation), Amazon finds, family stuff (kids and marriage), fashion, home updates and entertaining. I love that your blog is a mix of topics and real life. I appreciate that it is not all selling, but I get ideas from it too, so I’m happy to use your link when you share something I buy 🙂
4. Met you through FIGS
5. SAHM with 3 kids (5,3,2) and I moved from Raleigh to Charlotte a few years ago. I love when you post places from Charlotte so when I’m back I try to go check out the restaurants you recommend. It’s also fun seeing some of the ladies I met in FIGS make appearances on your blog/insta. Also, thanks to you and your mom’s spring break, I now do a mom’s fall break with my mom group here and all of us did a spa day together for Mother’s Day last year. Keep those types of ideas coming too! 🙂
JEN EDWARDS says
1. Love all your content – wouldn’t change a thing! So relatable. I’ve been influenced many, many…many times by recipes, fashion finds, life hacks, travel spots.
3. Instagram, blog subscriber, Facebook
4. Can’t remember how I found you, but so glad I did, because you’re my absolute fave and I read every single post & like every single photo on social media. But it’s been so long since I discovered you online – like since you got married – and it must have been through another blogger or possibly a photographer? Not sure!
5. I’m a Breastie (breast cancer survivor) here in Charlotte and I read your recon journey from start to finish about 4 times before my surgery, so that I was extra prepared. You helped me soooooo much!!! Thank you!!!! We live in Plaza Midwood, kinda near your old neighborhood!
Love your blog! Thank you for keeping it real.
1. My favorite posts are day in the life, weekend recaps, supper club posts, travel posts, entertaining/party posts, recipes, home posts and products. So basically all of it haha
4. I’ve been reading for a few years now, cannot remember how I found you though!
5. I live in Northwest Arkansas, no kids (yet) but definitely find myself making tons of mental notes from your blog for when that time comes.
1. I love it all, especially entertaining, recipes, parenting, fashion/Amazon finds, balancing work and mom life, marriage topics – i absolutely love your social media content as well, especially WMW!
2. a few times a week/whenever you post something new/if i’m looking for recipe inspiration or cute new clothing inspiration
3. feedly blog reader and instagram
4. honestly i don’t remember but i think through another blogger
5. i am a mom of a 15 month old baby girl living in the suburbs of Philly!
you are one of my favorite bloggers because you are relatable, unapologetic, and don’t sugarcoat motherhood or life in general! <3
1. I think you do a great job of rotating content and I genuinely enjoy all of the posts. That being said, entertaining, home updates/decor, product recommendations and family stuff tend to be my favorite. I do not have kids, but hope to one day while also balancing a career. I appreciate that you talk about being a working mom, and your candidness about life in general – so refreshing!
3. Email subscription or Feedly
4. I’ve been a longtime follower so I am not 100% sure, but I would guess either Pinterest or A. Liz/Smidge of This.
5. Atlanta native, and now live in Birmingham, AL. My husband and I hosted a wine tasting last month, and I used your wine tasting posts as a template. We had a blast! Also hoping to start a dinner club this year as well, and am looking forward to referencing those posts as well.
Dawn Lynch says
1. Amazon Finds, Recommended Products, Entertaining, Travel
2. 2-3 times/week
3. visit blog
4. not sure
5. I’m originally from Alabama, lived in Greenville, SC (my fav) and now reside in eastern NC. I grew up an Auburn Tiger fan and now enjoy rooting for Clemson Tigers (by marriage). We love the outdoors, checking out local brews and camping. I love all of your “mountain” posts. I have 2 daughters, 11 and almost 2 (close your mouth :0 haha!) I look forward to all of your posts!
1. Love your blog! You have such a precious family. I love the family / friends info. Recipes. Day in the life. Entertaining. You are so honest and kind. I find positivity here and just real life writing. I have enjoyed your move to your current home and before/ after renovations.
2. I have my daily Bible devotional and after whilst sitting with the dogs I go to my Feedly reader.
3. I am reading / checking daily.
4. Think I found you from Classic Annie- A smidge of this- love the Southern State Blogs.
5. I am in my 60’s, married to the man of my dreams for 38 years. Our 3 children are In Their 30,s , ( a Cardiologist-2 Attorney ‘s). I am a housewife with our 2 dogs…. am passionate about Being a Christian-knitter-dog owner- feeding the less fortunate at my Church in a Sack lunch program. We have 3 Grandchildren and love your ideas for “all things kids”…. keeping me in the loop with clothes-games-movies-and hopefully cooking with them as you are doing. Oh…. a CA. transplant to MI… missing my family but I travel lots to see mom n dad/ sisters. Hopefully in our future we can transition to a warmer climate…. sick of the winters to be honest. ( allthe hat wearing to take dogs out ruins my hairdo’s). Thanks again for happy ideas.
1. Love the working mom hacks, life updates, easy entertaining ideas
2. Whenever there’s a new post
4. I don’t remember, it’s been awhile!
5. I am an only child raising two kids and it’s so crazy but I love seeing their bond 🙂
1. I like it all, but I especially enjoy the family posts, product recommendations, and entertaining content. Even through I don’t have a family, I also love the working mom series and relationship advice. It’s great insight and helps me understand what friends with kids are going through, and there’s also lots of advice that applies to my situation (I’m in a long term relationship with a demanding career).
3. I subscribed to receive emails every time there’s a new post, but usually I just check to see if there’s anything new while I’m drinking my coffee.
4. I think I found it through Pinterest? Long time reader so it was years ago!
5. I love to cook and have competed in national cooking competitions. My recipe for Spanish steamed mussels with chorizo and ghost pepper salt was published in the MGM cook book.
1. What type of content do you want to see more of? (recipes, family stuff, Amazon finds, the kids, fashion, product recommendations, entertaining, etc.) Entertaining and esp supper club. We have a girls supper club too and love seeing what food and decor and fun things you all do!
2. How often do you visit my blog? ~3x/week regularly and then also if I am looking for something
3. How do you learn about new posts? (Blog subscriber, blog reader, Instagram, blog is bookmarked, etc.) – Instagram or just check in on the blog.
4. How did you originally find my blog? (Pinterest, Google, friend recommendation, Instagram) – think I found you through another blogger years ago. You’ve been the only one I’ve kept up with!
5. Tell me something about yourself! I work in your building in the Greenville SC office! Haven’t spotted you yet, though.
Forgot to say.. your home posts are probably my favorite. All things renovating, decorating, cleaning, etc…
1. I love all of your content-my favorite is 5 on Friday, recipes, Amazon, product recommendations and your GNO and Date night updates too!
4. I think it was through Pinterest or maybe another blogger? But so thankful I did!
5. I live in Missoula, Montana and I am a married working mama to two boys-11 and 8!
1. I love all of your topics. Especially crock pot recipes (I’ve made so many of them!), amazon finds, 5 on Friday, home decor
4. I think through another blogger
5. I work in the healthcare field and work full time, married with two little kids (6 & 2) Trying to make it all work :o)
Krista S. says
1. I love your day in the life posts, your family posts and your recommendations.
2. I check in almost daily.
4. A friends recommendation
5. I am a mama of a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy so I can relate to a lot of family/kid stuff and love to have someone I can relate to.
Amazon finds, fashion(including kids), product recommendations
When one posts via Bloglovin
I think via a 5 on Friday through someone else. It’s been a long tome.
Also- I’m a mom of 6 and 8 year old girls living in upstate SC. Currently a SAHM but working on some projects.
1. Love your recipes, weekend reviews, new product finds, supper clubs- a fav!!, beauty, travel recs, – most of the content now actually!!
2. Every day/ other day…. whenever is updated.
3. Go directly to blog page. Now in my email, but yours is 1 of 3 I check everyday.
4. From April’s… smidge of this…. love it!!! And miss it so 🙁
5. Southern Momma with a family to care for, just like you!
Thanks for all of the wonderful posts & advice 🙂 Great stuff!!
1. Recipes, family & marriage things, and hostessing! We have different styles for home decor but I enjoy seeing your updates.
2. 2/3 times a week.
3. Bookmarked, but Instagram now tells me when to check!
4. Recently became a stay at home mom.
What type of content do you want to see more of? Family stuff, healthy recipes, easy recipes, kids info, family friendly or mom friendly product recommendations
How often do you visit my blog? Any time I see a new post
How do you learn about new posts? Blog subscriber and Instagram.
How did you originally find my blog? Not sure, I think another mom different blog.
I very much appreciate working mom life help and info! The “invisible work” was my fav 1000000%!
What type of content do you want to see more of? : recipes/entertaining/working mom
How often do you visit my blog? : weekly
How do you learn about new posts? : Instagram
How did you originally find my blog? : Pinterest and blog friends
I’ve been following you so long, I can’t remember how I found you! I love your finds and your recipes. I have tried many. Love your sweet family. I live in MN-enjoy warmer climates though and have a 10 year old girl called Chloe.
Aileen Johnston says
1. I love all family stuff and entertaining items (although your house just makes me jealous as well haha). I particularly love 5 on a Friday posts and your Weekend Recaps.
2. I check in every time there is a new post.
4. I can’t remember but it was around the time you were pregnant with Caroline. Maybe a 5 on a Friday link up??
5. I am originally from a beautiful part of the world called The Outer Hebrides. It is what we like to call “Gods Own Country” and I urge everyone to try and visit at least once in their lives.
I love all that you post, honestly. I do love your recommendations and purchase products from your posts/polls. I’m 5 10 so not as many dresses 🤣. I love your recipes, marriage and spiritual content, your design, family adventures, etc. And how real you keep it all.
I visit as soon as I see an email sent to me or anything on Instagram (love your family movie night posts)
I found your blog through Pinterest and the pumpkin dip recipe way before Caroline was born and was hooked!!
I’m 39, live in Idaho and homeschool 3 kids, so while I’m not a working outside of the home mom, I still find connection in your blog and love the work you put into it.
1. Decor by far is number one, some Amazon finds and product recommendations (not the fashion), entertaining
2. When I get an email with new content and after reading the blip in the email if the content sounds interesting
4. It’s been a really long time so I don’t remember for sure but I think it may have been something related to Etsy
5. You would think I am not your typical demographic at all (40, no kids, mostly career obsessed, strongly atheist) but I love seeing your sense of style and some of your personal stories
Maryann Smith says
1. All of it. My most favorite are recipes and new finds. And I like you still do 5 list on fridays.
2. 3-4 times a week
3. blog is bookmarked
4. Originally found your page when I did my first round of whole 30 back in Aug 2013! Which reminds me I need to go ahead and start another round haha
5. Grew up in Winter Park, FL. went to FSU for college, loved being in a sorority and Tallahassee so much I ended up staying a totally of 11 years. Met my husband in Tallahassee, got married back in WP and now live in South Alabama literally in the middle of nowhere – crazy where life takes us. Really enjoy your blog and sharing your life with us.
Sarah Walters says
1) Family, marriage, amazon finds!
2) I visit daily, part of my morning routine.
3) bookmarked ya 😉
4) 2012 while I was wedding planning I found you on Pinterest. Then got pregnant shortly after we got married and you were about 4 months ahead of me pregnant. ☺️ Haven’t left you since!
5) SAHM turned preschool teacher in the CLT area but has a masters in counseling. Also, would probably be star struck if we ever met. 😂
1. Amazon finds, kid stuff, & recipes
2. A couple times a week (but always on Fridays!)
3. Instagram or just randomly check
4. Five on Friday link-ups wayyy back in the day. You’re the only one I still read!
5. Full-time working mom with a 3 y/o and 1 y/o. Lived in Nashville for 10 years but originally from the northeast.
1- Your amazon finds, work outfit inspiration, recipes, family fun stuff, home decor
2- To read new posts or to go back to an old recipe
3- I still have bloglovin. When I see you share on Instagram, I’ll go find it on bloglovin. You’re one of the only blogs I consistently read now.
4- No idea! It’s been years.
5- Work full time and Mom to two girls- age 2 and 4. Live in Florida (fellow Gator fan!). Your blog makes me want to visit Charlotte 🙂
1. I love the variety
2. A few times a week.
4. I was looking through another blog and they recommended your blog.
5. I am a working mom with two kids. I have a love for amazon and love your blog.
1. Family-related content. I am a working mom with two kids very similar ages so I love the mom-hacks, WMW posts, easy weeknight recipes, etc. Also, love home/lifestyle posts!
2. I check weekly – maybe twice a week?
3. Sometimes I see what you post on Instagram but most of the time it’s just a random check.
4. I literally cannot remember how I found your blog – it was YEARS ago; not long after you started. 🙂 I think by searching for NC Lifestyle blogs?
5. I am also a NC transplant and have adopted NC (Raleigh) as my home and I never want to leave! Also a working mom of two girls (4 and 2 years old); I’m an EA at a public accounting firm.
1. Family and kid content! Amazon finds are probably the least interesting to me.
2. When there’s a new post
3. Blog feed
4. I think Pinterest? But it’s been years so I’m not sure!
5. I live in Iowa now, but we lived in Knoxville for 6 years while my husband got his PhD. So even though I’ve never been to Charlotte, some of your posts (like Asheville getaways) really make me homesick for that part of the country!
1. I like the Amazon finds, day in the life, home décor and room reveals, recipes, kids/family stuff, beauty products
2. I visit just about every day Monday-Friday morning
3. Bookmarked and also follow you on Instagram & Facebook
4. Through another blogger or link up, perhaps Hello Happiness, but I am not sure I remember, it’s way back before you even had your kiddos
5. I’m a full time working mama from Lincoln Nebraska. I have two boys, 7 & 5 and work in financial event planning. Love your blog and that you’ve kept it about you and your family. More personal and not so commercial or sponsored! You are very real and genuine and I really enjoy that!
Sara Trohanis says
CLT Favorites (family, date nights, kids activities, etc); Recipes, Family stuff, WMW, Entertaining, Travel
It’s bookmarked and ready fairly often; but always follow along on Instagram.
Forever ago and can’t remember. I think through April Robson, way back when.
Native North Carolinian; Did a 15-year tour in Manhattan; Settled back in CLT this Summer 2019, living in Cotswold now with two young kiddos (3.5 and 2); Full-time working Momma; Thanks for your great content and sharing your journey (and helping connect me to the sweetest hair extraordinaire, Jessica!)
1. All of your posts, love the variety!
3. Directly to your page or through IG
4. Honestly, I don’t remember. You were one of a large group of bloggers I started following years ago. You’re the only one I really follow now. Love your authenticity
5. I’ve been married almost 8 years. No kiddos yet, but one day🌈 I’ve worked at a law firm for 10 years, your work posts are always so interesting to me!
1. I love your hosting tips (your home is gorgeous and your parties always look amazing), recipes, and WMW. I like Amazon/product plugs the LEAST.
2. I probably check it once a week.
4. I’m not sure how I found you originally! Probably a link from another blog.
5. I live in the Northeast and have a houseful of teenagers, and WHOO BOY, is that a different experience!
1) I love your recipes and entertaining and decor posts, but I like everything on the blog! I am much taller than you so the fashion stuff isn’t always applicable plus I am not American so a lot of the Amazon finds aren’t available to me.
2) I visit probably 3 times a week!
3) I just check in during my commute to see if there is anything new posted!
4) Hmm without naming names there was a blogger I used to really like and I found the vibe of their blog changed a lot awhile ago. She had children and it became much more centred around that, more of an “everything is always wonderful” lens which is kind of disingenuous plus a lot more monetizing and a lot less of that real and personal feel that had drawn me in originally. I was sad! But then someone online said that Carolina Charm had a similar vibe to what I felt was missing. And they were right! Though I am not a mother, and I certainly don’t expect you to share every detail of life online, I find you to be very real and relatable. You share the good and the bad in a consistent and honest way. Also, I intend to continue working if we do have children and I really like seeing how you balance everything, along with how you ensure that you and Matt are a team and are not just “mom and dad” if that makes sense. I think that’s one of the things that scares/worries me about motherhood, how it might change things with us. I like seeing how you guys do it!
5) As I mentioned, I am not American — I am Canadian! Thank you for sharing your slices of life. I really do enjoy all your posts!
1. I love the mix of what you post -but especially the Amazon finds, recipes, and entertaining. Charlotte local so love anything around town as well! I love that your posts are not too long – alway a great length.
2. I visit your blog whenever I see a new post on my blog reader. You are one of the only ones that I actually click over to read almost every time!
3. More of everything! The mix of content and your authenticity is what I most appreciate.
4. I think I first found out about you through Olive and Tate.
1. Recipes/family/fashion/product recs/work out routines
2.I’m an email subscriber, so whenever I check my email and see that a post has popped up!
4. I think through 5 on Friday…maybe seeing the link from another blog?? It was a long time ago 🙂
5. Mom of a toddler! So I’m loving the kid stuff recommendations!
Excited for 2020!
Ashley Taylor says
1. Meal ideas, entertaining, home decor, outfits, Amazon finds
2. Once a week
3. Instagram and email notifications
4. A friend recommended your blog to me 6 years ago
5. I was a KD at Troy University in Alabama. That’s what originally brought me to your site. I love all of your content. I’m almost 40 and have struggled with infertility so I can’t really relate to your “kid posts”, etc., but I love the content. I’m absolutely amazed at all you accomplish as I feel like I’m often running on empty. I would love more content related to how you balance all things in your life. By far my favorite blogger. Thank you for your dedication and continuous content!!
1. I like most things you post. I’m vegan, so most of your food choices do not appeal to me, but your beautiful tablescapes do! I also don’t have kids(or ever want any) so the kid stuff doesn’t really do anything for me although yours are sure cute.
2. My husband lives in NC during the week and comes home(Nashville) on the weekend, so I check my bookmarked blogs most evenings during the week while I eat dinner if I’m not reading a book.
4. Somehow I came across your blog back before you had kids. I feel like it was because you were on someone else’s blog roll back when everyone used to list those on a sidebar.
5. I’m a KD from Tennessee Tech (Delta Upsilon). Random thing: I HATE the word “haul”. There’s no explanation for it really, but the word bugs me. I will not read any post on any blog I have bookmarked that uses the word “haul”. It reminds me of the Grinch lugging that big bag of gifts he stole and Idk, I just can’t. 😂
1. recipes, amazon finds, fashion and home decor
2. Most every morning, Monday thru Friday; I check the blogs that I read before I start my workday
3. I just check M-F most days to see if you have posted
4. I’m sure I found your blog off of another person’s blog. I have been reading for a while and I always love your post and keep coming back
5. I am a working mom to 2 girls from Alabama; Roll Tide!!!
Love your blog, keep up the good work! Recipes, Amazon, kids stuff, Charlotte, all of it!
Subscribed, when I get an email of your latest post. Sometimes I’ll check it out for a recipe, decor idea, etc.
Googled Charlotte blogs and thank goodness I found yours!
Wife, mom of two boys 5 and 2, we are from the Midwest, live in SC and soon to be Charlotte! Love your blog and all the Charlotte things to do, I’m sure I’ll be referencing back for some Charlotte posts!
Rosenny Ramirez says
1. i love to see your amazon finds and fashion posts! i add almost everything to my wishlist-you and i have very similar style as i am a elementary school teacher <3
2. i visit your blog at least twice during the week and once [to catch up] every weekend!
3. blog subscription and instagram.
4. i originally found your blog through a recipe of yours that was on pinterest 🙂
5. i love to clean and cook so your blog makes me very happy. i'm 26 years old living in ny
1. Love all of it, recipes are great, family stuff, the kids and Amazon finds are probably my top 5 I look for on your blog! I like how you keep it real and not become so commercialized like so many I’ve followed in the past. From your 5on Friday, WMW, family life, trader joe finds, and your day to day ideas (easy kid hacks, traveling w/ kids, rose fluffing, dinner party décor, all affordable and easy to do THANK YOU Thank you!!! )
2. About once a week or every other week to catch up on everything
4. Oddly enough I was looking for crafting ideas for gift wrapping and stumbled upon “Baker’s Twine Gift Wrapping” post. I would check back every so often see what was new, then we both got pregnant around the same time with our first and I loved keeping up to date with your weekly prego post. I found myself coming back, almost weekly after that. Loved checking back on kids, recipes and weekly updates!
5. Just another working mom with a 5 yr old boy that keeps me busy, we live in Virginia so just north of y’all. We have lots of family in Florida too so we do annual visits down there and I am all too familiar with those lovely drives haha. Love hearing your stories & travels as we love traveling around as well. Always looking for good ideas!