In case you missed it, here is a round-up of all my Amazon favorites from July & August!
– July Favorites –
- Slim Fit Quick Dry Swim Shorts: Matt originally picked up a pair in the fish bone print after I bought the Toddler Quick Dry Swim Trunks for Thomas. Matt loved the fit on these (they don’t go all the way down to the knees) so much that he bought two more pairs!
- Seersucker Shorts:Matt has the pink seersucker shorts and loves them. They come in 5, 7, 9 or 11 inch inseam options. They have some stretch to them too and are really comfortable.
- Oxford Shorts: Another solid pair of shorts. Matt has them in blue and loves the stretch and comfort of the material.
- Slim-Fit Quick-Dry Golf Polo Shirt: A high quality, lightweight polo at an amazing price! It comes in 27 colors and Matt has 2 of them that he wears all the time! He loves the slim fit!
- On Running Mens Cloud X Textile Synthetic Trainers: I think I’ve covered how much Matt and I are obsessed with these shoes here. In fact, these have been one of the most popular reader item! They really are incredibly lightweight, comfortable and both of us receive SO many compliments on them when we’re at the gym or running errands.
- Men’s Dress Oxfords: These come in at #1 as the absolute best Amazon fashion item Matt has ever purchased. A high quality alternative to the AE wingtips, Matt loves these even more than his expensive oxfords! They are super comfortable and the quality is incredible. I’ve blogged about these twice before so I won’t go on and on again — but these shoes are awesome!
- Penny Loafers Moccasins Shoes: After discovering the amazing quality of the Bruno Marc line, Matt has gone on to purchase several more pairs of shoes, including these penny loafers (in navy) and he wears them alllll the time!
READER FAVORITE: Men’s Dress Oxfords
- Tocca Montauk Salt Air & Cucumber Diffuser: My office diffuser ran out recently and I finally replaced it with this new scent and oh my word it is so heavenly.
- iRobot Roomba: My Amazon Prime Day purchase! Thank you all for your advice and tips on our new iRobot Roomba! We’ve named him Larry and the kids are obsessed with him. I was cracking up at all of the messages I received with the names of your robots. Every single one had a male name!!! We are slowly figuring out the areas that Larry hates in our house, but otherwise we love him!
- Skinerals Californium Self Tanner Sunless Tanning Mousse: My girlfriend raved about this tanning mousse that has 2200+ reviews on Amazon, so I decided to give it a try and really like it! I’ve only used it twice so far (once per week) and the color is much deeper than most of the other tanners I’ve recently tried.
- Turban Knot Headbands Set: Jumped on the headband trend! I really, really wanted the J.Crew version but didn’t want to pay $25, so I found a super cute similar SET of 8 on Amazon for a fraction of the price! They are SO cute!
- Noodle & Boo: Several of my friends have had babies recently and this is my favorite new baby gift to give! When our babes were little I would splurge on this from time to time and it was such a treat to cuddle up with them after their baths smelling divine.
- NIVEA Crème: Apparently this cream is the dupe for La Mer Moisturizing Cream!!! I’ve never splurged on La Mer so I can’t compare them, but I do really like this super inexpensive cream!! Someone who uses La Mer, please buy this and tell me if it is in fact the same quality!
READER FAVORITE: Turban Knot Headbands Set
– August Favorites –
- mini hair dryer: I’ve been meaning to blog about this forever and every time I travel I remind myself and then forget. I have the BaByliss full size hair dryer and love it SO much — it’s the best hair dryer I’ve ever owned. So I grabbed the mini version for travel and laughed so hard when I opened this tiny blow dryer when it arrived. But dang, this hair dryer works SO well and is excellent for travel. I’m adding the mini flat iron to my birthday list!
- rapid egg cooker: This miracle egg cooker can whip up hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, individual omelets, and all within minutes of the push start button – it is amazing. I blogged about it over a year ago and we still use it weekly!
- toaster tongs: Several readers sent me links to these toaster tongs after I mentioned helping Caroline get her toast out of the toaster. These are brilliant!! I primed them immediately and am excited for them to arrive!
- lazy tools: It’s been 4 years since I’ve shared my love lazy spoons! We still use ours every day and love them!
- electric cutting tool: I almost made this it’s own item in today’s 5 because we are so obsessed with this tool. We pile up cardboard boxes in the garage and ignore them until recycling week. We used to break them down by hand until we discovered this insanely awesome tool that has made breaking down the boxes SO much easier and faster!
READER FAVORITE: rapid egg cooker
Thank you all so much for the bible study book recommendations! There were so many good options that I rounded up the top 5 suggestions and wanted to share them with you all in case you’re interested in one of these books too.
- Seamless by Angie Smith (Covers the people, places, and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture. Participants in this study will gain an overarching understanding of the fundamental layout and meaning of the Bible.)
- 479 4.5-star Amazon reviews
- 7 sessions
- Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer (A devoted, devilish enemy seeks to wreak havoc on everything that matters to you: your heart, your mind, your marriage, your children, your relationships, your resilience, your dreams, your destiny. But his battle plan depends on catching you unaware and unarmed. If you’re tired of being pushed around and caught with your guard down, this study is for you.)
- 819 5-star Amazon reviews
- 7 sessions
- Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer (Discover the root to clear and daily communication with God—humble obedience. Learn how surrender unlocks His many blessings intended for us, centers us in His will, and helps us discern His voice in everyday life.)
- 305 4.5-star Amazon reviews
- 7 sessions
- Anything by Jen Wilkin (leaning towards God of Creation): Verse-by-verse study, dive into the first 11 chapters of Genesis by following three critical stages of understanding: comprehension, interpretation, and application.
- 28 4.5-star Amazon reviews
- 10 sessions
- Anything by Jennie Allen (leaning towards Restless): Explores this important question: “Do I matter?” And Jennie asks, “We live with lots of things, lots of people…but do we live for something?” Using the story of Joseph, Jennie explains how his suffering, gifts, story, and relationships fit into the greater story of God-and how our stories can do the same. Then she also introduces Threads-a tool to help you see your own personal story and to uncover and understand the raw materials God has given you to use for his glory and purpose while on this planet.
- 110 4.5-star Amazon reviews
- 8 sessions (video based)
READER FAVORITE: Seamless
Felt Letter Board: For first day of school pictures, of course!
Bentgo Box: I cannot tell you how many people have raved and recommended this Bentgo box to me. When it went on flash sale earlier this week I finally snagged one. I love how it contains 5 compartments, is leak-proof and durable!
Headphones: Caroline’s Kindergarten school supply list contained headphones and these are our absolute favorite kid headphones. They have good sound, are comfortable and fold down for easy storage.
Sandwich Sealer & Decruster: Finally picked one of these up for homemade uncrustable sandwiches!
Stackable Bentgo Lunch Thermos: Our stainless steel, leak-proof lunch box for hot food. Comes in tons of colors too.
Kindergarten, Here I Come!: We’ve been reading this book for months now and I love it! It’s so cute.
READER FAVORITE: Bentgo Box