Need the perfect summer salad recipe? You need to try this Summer Burrata Salad at any party this season – trust me it will be a HUGE hit! Keep reading to make it!
I had a few requests for McKinsey’s burrata salad recipe from her recent Supper Club, so I’m sharing it today! Honestly, this appetizer was so dang delicious that it truly deserves a post of its own anyway. I could eat this by the spoonful for a meal. It’s that good.
Also, if you love this recipe, you should also check out Sara’s Tomato Crostini with Whipped Feta appetizer too!!!
Recipe notes from McKinsey
- Purchase the burrata at Trader Joe’s for the best price!
- McK used this dressing for her salad:
- 1 burrata ball (at room temperature)
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup basil, thinly sliced (divided)
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- fresh salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 thick and toasted
- In a bowl, add tomatoes, red onion, garlic, EVOO, vinegar, honey. Marinate in the fridge for several hours (the longer, the better).
- Just before serving, toss in the diced avocado and half the basil with the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place burrata on platter and add the marinated tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil, salt and pepper. Serve with toasted bread!