Happy 1 month, baby Thomas! It has been wild and fun since you’ve arrived. We are still settling in to our new normal but we’ll eventually get there! As much as we want you to stay little forever, we also can’t wait to watch you grow and see the little person that you become. You are awesome and we love you so!
One Month Highlights:
- You are 8 pounds, 6 ounces (12%), 21″ long (23%) and are still wearing newborn clothes.
- People are now starting to comment that you look like Caroline. Phew – glad you look like one of us!
- You are so laid back. In fact, you are much more go-with-the-flow than your sister was. You are perfectly content running errands any time of day, lounging in the boppy or swing, riding in the car (hallelujah!!!!!) and happily eat or nap anywhere!
- You are a sweet, sleepy babe by day and a high maintenance terror at night. Most of your naps are on the couch with me, in your swing or in your car seat. However, you prefer to dangerously bury your face into blankets or in between me and the couch. Bedtime is 9 pm and you’re up and hungry around midnight. Between 3-4 am you want to party and wake up your sister across the house. Then after you’ve been fed and swaddled you fight going back to sleep and instead are up making fussy noises and can’t seem to get comfortable despite our countless attempts to flip you from back to tummy or move you around the room from the rock n’ play to the pack n’ play and eventually to our bed out of desperation, inserting your paci back in your mouth every 2 minutes until the sun comes up. Fun times.
- Any unexpected loud noise (clinking of dishes, a sneeze, Charlie barking, etc.) sends your little arms flailing above your head in sheer terror.
- You’re rolling to your side now but I’m still not sure it’s on purpose. We’ll celebrate the little milestone anyway.
- Your baby acne is in full force right now but we still think your handsome. Oh, and you have more hair than your sister.
- Your head
control is shockingly strong since tummy time usually lasts about 90
seconds before you lazily pass out on the activity mat for a long
snooze. At least you don’t scream your face off like your sister did.
- We’re attempting Moms on Call so you’re taking a 3-4 oz bottle of formula every 3 hours right now and mostly sleep in between. However, at your check-up the doctor said to still feed you on demand so we’re keeping the schedule flexible.
- My goal for breastfeeding/pumping was to make it to your one month birthday. We did it! But it was terrible so I’m slowly tossing in the towel with no regrets. On the very best day I can pump one 4 ounce bottle so I’ve decided it’s not worth the frustration.
- Your sister loves to bring you pacifiers when you’re upset and bottles when you’re hungry. It’s seriously the cutest thing ever. She loves being your big sister and I think you love being her little brother despite her poking your eyeballs, shoving her fingers in your mouth and aggressively patting your head and belly.
- Every few days Daddy gives you a bath in the bathroom sink but you’re getting a little too long for that so we’re transitioning to the infant tub.
One month favorites: Onesies / Infant Gowns / JJ Cole Agility Carrier / Baby Bjourn
/ Snuza Baby Movement Monitor / Mustela PhysiObebe No Rinse Cleanser / Sleep Sheep Sound Machine Soother & On The Go Sleep Sheep / Microwave Steamer Sterilizer / MAM Pacifiers / Bella Tunno Pacifier Clips / Sheet Savers / Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack & twig accessory / Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets / Summer Infant SwaddleMe Swaddles
Other Thomas posts & pictures: Welcome / Birth Story / Life with Two / Updates Lately / Newborn Announcement
And for fun: Caroline at 1 month!