I posted a brief update on Tom Tom to Instagram recently but wanted to share some additional highlights for his (online) baby book! A few weeks ago Thomas turned 15 months old and he is more wild than ever. We always thought Caroline was our wild child. And then we had Thomas. He keeps us on our toes all.day.long. Whether it’s eating dog food out of the container, jumping off the back of the couch, pushing chairs around the house to use as step stools to gain access to higher furniture and more, Thomas is 100% wild boy and we love him so.
|Leggings // Tom’s Shoes // Tom’s Shirt|
Since Thomas’s strabismus surgery we have seen a tremendous improvement in his verbal and physical development. In a matter of days following the surgery his vocabulary increased by a handful of words, some of the cutest being “up,” “walk” and “more.” He also went from a wobbly walker to a wild sprinter. We are so dang proud of him and are extremely grateful for his progress.
Some other fun 15 month highlights include:
- 22 pounds!
- Favorite word is “cheese!”
- Biting. Yes, we have our first biter in the fam and it’s absolutely horrific. If Thomas and Caroline are squabbling over who gets to play with a toy he just isn’t afraid to take a bite out of her cheek and let her know who is boss.
- Such a good eater. Tom Tom loves pancakes (prefers them frozen), must have a banana within 30 seconds of waking up in the morning, loves milk and eats way more junk food than Caroline ever did at this age. He is always hungry and signing and saying “more” constantly. He can take a packet of applesauce down in under a minute, can clear several boxes of raisins and especially loves string cheese, mandarin oranges and frozen blueberries.
- Fights us SO miserably hard on the changing table or getting into his car seat.
- Climbs everything — the couch, tables, steps, etc.
- Wears 12 month clothes comfortably. 18 month clothes fit but loosely.
- Uses a paci at bedtime.
- Loves bath time and brushing his teeth
- Already lost one of his tubes.
- Verdict out on hair color but appears blonde.
- Obsessed with music and loves to dance.
15 month favorites: Dance & Move BeatBo // Mickey Activity Ride On // Drill // Stacking Blocks // Kitchen + Play Food // Pull-Back Cars // Dump Truck // CAT Rumbling Truck // Train Bath Buddies // Wagon // House // Table // Sippy Cups // Bibs // Pacis
|Day after surgery!|
Gosh, he is growing so fast. If you need me I’ll be buried in some tissues.
You sure do have some precious children!! My daughter and son are 24 months apart and Griffin has just started getting into all of his sisters things. It's interesting to see how that dynamic is playing out right now, haha. 🙂
Jena Marcantonio says
Oh gosh, he's looking so grown up all of a sudden! I love that photo of him standing on the Ikea table, and Caroline sitting beside it. Double trouble, I'm guessing? Partners in crime! 🙂
Jess Deisher says
Ah he's getting so big! That's so great that after his procedure you saw such an improvement. So happy for you guys!!
That is so amazing that the surgery led to such fast development!! What a cutie patootie!!!
Laura Wyatt says
Love that sweet boy so much! I can't believe how big he's getting (and how smart/handsome/precious…etc) 🙂 xoxox, Thomas! So proud of you, little man!
Caley-Jade Rosenberg says
Just adore this little man!! x
Elisabeth Marks says
So proud of him! He is doing so well! So we recently met with MKs eye doctor and we have to start patching next week. Praying it helps her and that she doesn't put up too much of a fight ? Any tips for getting little ones used to patching?
jon mika says