5 days of sunshine, bottomless guacamole and frozen drinks, private king size bali beds on the beach and more, our vacation was nothing short of perfect! It was so nice to escape to paradise and forget about emails, alarm clocks, calories, etc. For this trip, we asked our good friends to come along and I am so glad they did! It was so nice to share such an amazing experience with another couple. I already want to start planning our next vacation back to this resort!

Wednesday morning we took an early flight out to Mexico so we could be in our bikinis, daiquiris in hand by 1 pm. The flight was practically empty and so was the resort {definitely going to remember to vacation in August again}! We decided to carry on all of our bags so we wouldn’t have the hassle of waiting at baggage claim at the airport once we landed. This was another huge time saver!

Upon arrival at our resort, El Dorado Royale, we were greeted with cold towels and champagne. Immediately we were off to a great start.

{welcome champagne}

During our check-in we decided to splurge on an upgrade from our Jr.
Suite to the private Casitas side of the resort. The extra ammenities {private bali beds on the beach, private pool, upgraded room, etc.} totally sold us. Within minutes after checking in we were whisked off to our rooms in a golf cart.We couldn’t believe how beautiful the property was!

{view from the lobby}

When we arrived to the Casita section we knew we had made the right choice. It was absolutely stunning and we having our own pool just steps away from our room was one of our favorite parts of the trip. The main pool may have been a bit livelier, but we brought our own party so we were happy to have our own quiet swim up bar.

It was challenging trying to take a photo that really captured the awesomeness of the Casita Royale side so I stole this picture {below} from the website. Gorgeous, right?!

Our room was also stunning.

We had TWO showers {indoor & outdoor}, a jacuzzi tub in the corner of our room, a bali bed on our porch and more. And I have to give a shout out about the amazing room service. Our room was cleaned several times a day so every time we walked in it was immaculate, smelled heavenly and everything was straightened up. We were so impressed with how hard our cleaning ladies worked each day and thanked them generously before we left.

{the outdoor shower}

Matt and I spent so much time relaxing in the mornings with coffee and in the evenings with champagne in our bali bed on our porch.

Each morning we had room service deliver a feast to our porch. I can’t get over how amazing the food was. The resort definitely lived up to it’s “gourmet inclusive” hype. The presentation of all the food was gorgeous and everything tasted delicious! Even the room service {we used for very late night food and snacks} was excellent!!

We never had to fight for a bali bed on the beach which was a lot different than our honeymoon experience. At our last resort, Matt had to get up and throw our towels on a bed by 6 am just to make sure we got one, and even then it was usually one of the last ones available.

During this entire trip we never even saw anyone occupy any of the beds even near us. It was so quiet and relaxing.

We spent a lot of time on the bar swings enjoying cocktails. In fact, when I was researching all of the resort options in Mexico a big part of me picked this resort because of all the fun bar swings!

We spent most of each day on the beach. The weather was perfect so we got great tans and our beach butler made sure we were always taken care of.

{the hubs}

After lunch each day we usually went back and forth from the pool and the beach.

McKinsey and I decided to pack some floats for the trip and we definitely got lots of use out of them at the pool and beach!

The crystal clear water was so warm and there were tons of fish everywhere.

Although the resort had lots of little games and activities throughout the resort, we packed some card games to play on the beach. It was so fun!

{beach necessities}

{beachfront massage area}

Oh! And the wildlife at the resort was SO cool. Everywhere you went you
ran into some exotic animal just hanging out. Iguanas lounged on chairs,
huge frogs greeted you home on your doorstep and there were lots of sea
turtles at night!

Dinner each night was phenomenal. And since the resort was all-inclusive, we got to try tons of different items on the menu.

It was so hard to leave after 5 days. Our biggest regret was not booking the trip for longer!

Our final group shot of the trip. Sigh.

1. LoveTheJaspers
    September 3, 2013 / 12:42 pm

looks beautiful! the husband and I our celebrating our 1 year in mexico at the end of the month cant wait! 🙂 Ashley

2. Rachel S
    September 3, 2013 / 1:03 pm

Glad you had a fab vacation!

3. megan
    September 3, 2013 / 1:11 pm

Wow, I definitely want to go on a trip there!

4. Annie
    September 3, 2013 / 1:13 pm

Looks like a fabulous trip!

5. Maureen SIM
    September 3, 2013 / 1:20 pm

What an AMAZING trip! I wanna know how you went about booking it. Was it through a travel agent? Was it all-inclusive. Plus… BABY SEA TURTLES! You are killing me with cuteness!

6. Amanda {Kids and Cabernet}
    September 3, 2013 / 1:26 pm

Looks like an awesome trip!!! Frozen drinks and guacamole are always a plus! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

7. Caitlin
    September 3, 2013 / 1:32 pm

Wow! That place looks amazing! I will definitely have to keep it in mind! I'm glad you guys had a nice and great relaxing vacation! Love all of your cover ups and dresses! 🙂

8. Caitlyn {Home Sweet Ruby}
    September 3, 2013 / 1:32 pm

That resort looks amazing!! It must have been so romantic! 🙂 I love all of your pictures. Will definitely have to look into that for our next trip!

9. Lauren Davison
    September 3, 2013 / 1:34 pm

wow, it looks amazing! floats? what an awesome packing tip! we leave for mexico in Nov. I need to remember this!!!Lauren

10. Bekah Walsh
    September 3, 2013 / 1:36 pm

Oooooh! very nice! I love it all, but I will be remembering the "go in August" tip. I'm not a crowd fan.

11. Ashley Barnhill
    September 3, 2013 / 1:37 pm

Looks like such an awesome vacation! My husband is dying to go to a resort in Mexico since everyone always talks about how awesome they are so I've sent him this resort to look at!

12. Ashley {Whole Foods New Body}
    September 3, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Looks like paradise!!! Makes me want to go to Mexico ASAP!!!

13. Lindsay @ Love In Her Eyes
    September 3, 2013 / 1:43 pm

This trip looks amazing!!! relaxation, food, sun, drinks…perfection 😉

14. Courtney W.
    September 3, 2013 / 1:46 pm

Wow, what an incredible vacation! I'm pretty sure I'm about to whip out my credit card and book that trip right now!

15. Jessica
    September 3, 2013 / 1:47 pm

You guys are adorable and what a gorgeous resort!

16. Sam @
    September 3, 2013 / 1:52 pm

Wow your trip looks perfect! That resort is gorgeous!!!

17. Kathy @ Vodka and Soda
    September 3, 2013 / 2:09 pm

gorgeous!! we went there a few years back and had a blast :)-kathyVodka and Soda

18. Colleen Sullivan
    September 3, 2013 / 2:14 pm

Looks like such a lovely vacation! I'm so in need of my own bali bed!

19. According to Jax
    September 3, 2013 / 2:28 pm

Thats where my honeymoon was! LOVE that resort! 🙂

20. Jamie @ You Gotta Have Hart
    September 3, 2013 / 2:31 pm

Oh my GOSH! Where do I start? What an AMAZING trip! And this is coming from someone that lives ten minutes away from some of the most beautiful beaches (Pensacola Beach/Destin, FL). There are so many things I love about the pictures but the swings and the baby sea turtles are so incredible! What wonderful memories you all created. I'm jealous!!!

21. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    September 3, 2013 / 2:45 pm

oh my gosh!!! I'm totally green with envy! can the Wyatts join next year?! It looks like y'all had SO much fun and had a very luxurious trip!! PS those sea turtles!!! I would die! PSS your diet totally paid off (as if you needed it to begin with!) – HOTTIE!

22. Tara {The Silver Lining}
    September 3, 2013 / 2:54 pm

Really, what an amazing trip!! I want to go there now. You had me at the welcome champagne! But the bali beds and bar swings help seal the deal. The sea turtles are adorable too!! I'm going to remember this place for a future getaway. And you look fantastic in all of your bikinis and cute dresses! Where is your coverup from? I love how flowy it is and all of the colors.

23. Madeline {Poppy Style}
    September 3, 2013 / 3:40 pm

Love this recap!! We haven't taken a trip recently and I LOVE an all inclusive resort but sometimes it is hard to know the right one. So this will be going on my list for sure!!

24. Mandy
    September 3, 2013 / 3:44 pm

We went to this resort for our honeymoon and loved it! We are already planning a trip back!

25. SHAYNA
    September 3, 2013 / 3:50 pm

AHH! Looks absolutely amazing!! Love all of these pictures!!

26. Unknown
    September 3, 2013 / 4:03 pm

We went to this resort on our honeymoon 9 years ago and are going back in three weeks. I'm beyond excited. We too just booked the Jr. suite, but are also hoping to have an opportunity to upgrade to a Casita. Did they offer a discount on the upgrade upon check in? If so, any details you could provide would be very much appreciated. I can't wait to see the sea turtles that is something we didn't experience on our honeymoon.

27. Pamela
    September 3, 2013 / 4:19 pm

You SO just made me want to go on an all inclusive trip EVEN MORE!

28. Dee Stephens
    September 3, 2013 / 4:21 pm

WOW! I just sent this to Brad for a future destination! I would be interested in hearing on whether you got a good deal giving it's the middle of hurricane season? Think about it – typically every Labor Day there is some sort of storm somewhere reaking havoc!Ya'll lucked out!

29. Whitney from Washington
    September 3, 2013 / 4:32 pm

This place looks absolutely divine! What a great time of year to go. Our best beach vacation was around the 20th of August. No one travels then. So glad y'all had a wonderful trip – great pictures!

30. Brittney
    September 3, 2013 / 4:38 pm

Looks like you all had an amazing time! I need a bali bed in my life! 🙂

31. Laura {happily ever} Parker
    September 3, 2013 / 5:32 pm

This looks AMAZING!! Ahhh I so want to go here. I have never stayed at an all inclusive resort.

32. Mirkka Rautala
    September 3, 2013 / 5:53 pm

WOW -that looks amazing!! A beach vacay would not go amiss right now…

33. [darci @ the good life]
    September 3, 2013 / 5:56 pm

Oh my gosh —- your trip looks heavenly!!!! I want to win the lottery and buy my own private casita there and relocate full time. Yes, please.And y'all are absolutely precious — gorgeous couples!! So glad you had a blast!

34. Brandi
    September 3, 2013 / 6:07 pm

Wow that looks amazing!!!

35. Kelly
    September 3, 2013 / 6:13 pm

I can't get over how amazing that resort looks, it's definitely now on my short list for honeymoon destinations!

36. Taylor Jeavons
    September 3, 2013 / 6:32 pm

It looks like you had an amazing time! I'm very jealous 🙂

37. Jessica M
    September 3, 2013 / 7:45 pm

Your trip looks amazing. You got some really great pictures – certainly looks like you were able to make the most of a 5-day vacation!

38. Bailee
    September 3, 2013 / 8:35 pm

Where did you get that cute monogrammed tumbler!?

39. Natasha
    September 3, 2013 / 8:40 pm

i am going to have to book a trip to this place ASAP after this recap…gorgeous and right up my alley!!!!! ahhhh one can dream, right??p.s. you look SO gorgeous friend!

40. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    September 3, 2013 / 10:06 pm

Oh my goodness I want a vacation and I want it at your resort!! Endless guac=sold. You look fab too!

41. Makeshift Margaritas
    September 3, 2013 / 10:49 pm

This makes me so jealous and brings me back to my honeymoon! All inclusives are the BEST! Glad you had so much fun!

42. Jenn @ West Sac Honey
    September 3, 2013 / 11:58 pm

NO WAY! This place now looks amazing.. my prior wedding planner was trying to tell me to go there and I didn't want to.. Might have changed my mind for my next wedding (that sounds weird..) I didn't get married the first go around.. So for my future one day wedding I'll go there!

43. Kourtnee Bleile
    September 4, 2013 / 12:07 am

jealousy is an understatement!

44. Sarah
    September 4, 2013 / 12:55 am

Oh my lawd….this place looks amazing. Monkeys? Sea Turtles? Bar Swings? Where do I sign up?! We stayed at Excellence last time we were in mexico but I could be talked into going here next time! Where did you get your cute mason jar mug? I have been looking for one and that straw is adorable!

45. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    September 4, 2013 / 12:55 am

Yah that looks pretty incredible. So glad you had such a great time!

46. Caroline D
    September 4, 2013 / 1:51 am

New follower!!! Already trying to sell the Hubby on this place! Amazing!!!! oh and Love the blog too!

47. Nicole-Lynn
    September 5, 2013 / 2:17 pm

Looked so nice! Glad y'all had a wonderful time!

48. Jamie
    September 5, 2013 / 3:19 pm

Wow. What a beautiful trip.

49. Je Ne Sais Quoi Jules
    September 5, 2013 / 9:34 pm

oh my lord that is one of the most BEAUTIFUL resorts I have EVER seen! I am so jealous! Looks like you had a super blast & I have yet another resort to add to my bucket list, lol!& I nominated you for an award on my blog! I hope you like it! :)

50. LuLu
    September 6, 2013 / 2:39 am

I'm so glad you loved it as much as we did. It's the best!!!!!

51. Erin O.
    September 10, 2013 / 12:46 am

Looks amazing. Can't wait for our trip to mexico next month.I'm sure you answered this, but where did you find your adorable dress(multi colored chevron) and the adult tumblers? I'm looking for that same thing for our trip!

52. Katie Stroud
    January 18, 2014 / 3:19 pm

I just have to tell you I keep coming back to this post over & over! My husband and I have been searching for a great resort in Mexico, & thanks to you guys, this one is it!! 🙂 We are going around August/September time frame & we cannot wait!!! Thanks again for sharing your experience, looks like such an amazing time! xo