Yesterday was my turn to host playdate. There are really only two requirements for a successful play date in my opinion – 1. fun friends who don’t mind if your house is a wreck and 2. wine (and lots of it)! Babies and food are optional but definitely a bonus.
I wanted to serve a light snack that was easy to toss together and I could prep well in advance. And since we like to keep things pretty simple I thought a Pineapple Cheese Ball would be perfect!
Only four ingredients, very little prep time and I could tackle it the day before so all I had to do was pull it out of the fridge and add some crackers. Oh, and I should mention that it’s absolutely delicious too (so don’t wait until the holiday season to make this)!
Pineapple Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- crackers for serving
- Combine the cream cheese, pineapple and peppers. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Chill it for several hours (or overnight).
- After it is chilled, roll the cheese ball over chopped pecans. Gently pat the pecans all over the cheese ball so it is entirely covered. Serve with crackers.