Last year my favorite holiday cocktails were Sparkling Caramel Apple Cider and Christmas Mules — both are super festive and easy to shake up. However, this year I’ve got a new cocktail that I am loooooving — White Christmas Margaritas. If you’re a tequila fan, this recipe is for you!
I will say, I’ve made this several times now and tweaked the ingredients a bit since originally posting on Instagram. I also prefer this cocktail on the rocks instead of blending it — although both ways are delicious.
White Christmas Margaritas
- 1 (14 oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 oz tequila
- 8 oz cointreau
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 4 c ice (if blending)
- lime wedge, for rimming glass
- sanding sugar, for rimming glass
- lime slices, for garnish
- cranberries, for garnish
- rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Combine coconut milk, tequila, cointreau, lime juice and shake well (or add ice and blend until smooth).
- Rim glasses with lime wedge and dip in sanding sugar. Pour into glass and garnish with lime, rosemary and cranberries.
Carly P. says
Unfortunately, this cocktail didn’t work out for us and tasted terrible. We tried to mend it by adding simple syrup and it still didn’t help. It was incredibly too strong and tasted of plain coconut milk with lime and tequila. Need some more tweaking!
Unfortunately not for us. We loved the idea of this drink, but the flavors simply did not jive. Maybe try adding something sweet like pineapple juice?
I agree with the other reviews. Made this cocktail for a family holiday gathering with high hopes and thought the drink was almost inedible even after doctoring with a little orange juice and extra squeeze of lime. Did make the pineapple pecan cheeseball which was enjoyed by all! Thanks for sharing.