I love to bake on Sunday afternoons. And sometimes I’ll let Caroline skip her nap to help me whip up some treats. Today we made Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies. And then we ate them all…while Thomas napped. Straight out of the oven these mini treats are sooooo warm and ooooeyy gooooey. It’s hard to stop at just 4. Okay, 5. But they are mini cookies…so that’s like 2 regular sized cookies, right?
Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Chocolate Moosey
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
15 marshmallows, cut in half lengthwise
30 chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease two mini muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy, 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg then add the vanilla. Add the graham cracker crumbs then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough among 30 mini cups (roughly 1 1/4 inch balls). Bake 10 minutes. Immediately press a marshmallow half into each cup.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the marshmallows until they are puffed and toasted (you may need to rotate your pans if your broiler doesn’t heat evenly). Immediately top with a chocolate piece. Let cool completely before removing from the pans.