A Backyard Dinner Party

As
we enter summertime, Matt and I get party fever. We have several
parties planned for the summer and I have a feeling there will be many
more popping up in between. Last weekend we hosted 6 couples for a
dinner party in our backyard. With the help of our good friends down the
street we threw this party together in a matter of 6 hours.

Saturday morning we woke up early and frantically headed to the grocery store, Home Depot and back to the grocery store two more times to get everything we needed.

Tablescape Details: 6 ft folding tables {Home Depot}, bench {made by hubby},
folding chairs and candelabras {borrowed from friend}, disposable
Chinet, linen tablecloths, peonies, candles {Harris Teeter}, table
runner made from wrapping paper {Target Dollar Aisle}.

I was pretty excited with how it turned out.

The
weekend before, Matt and I strung bistro lights in the backyard and
they looked awesome as the sun set. We purchased our lights from Target
{$12/string}.

We also picked up a cute patio set from World Market on sale a few weekends ago and finally assembled it for the party.

And of course no party is complete without cornhole…

Matt built beer stands earlier in the weekend for another party we are planning so he was excited to debut them early.

For
the wine station, I added a strip of washi tape to a stack of cups so
everyone could keep track of their drink. Who doesn’t love washi tape
and wine?

Of course Charlie was loving all the attention.

Lots of marinated chicken!

And the best part – the FRIENDS!

Time to get workin on the next party!

1. Bekah @ reยทsolve
    May 28, 2013 / 1:45 pm

Everything looks amazing, but I must say those beer stands are the most genius thing I've ever seen. Way to go, Matt!

2. the girl in the red shoes
    May 28, 2013 / 1:56 pm

Oh my gosh…such a gorgeous party! I want to come over!

3. Pam
    May 28, 2013 / 2:03 pm

What fantastic backyard entertaining ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

4. Pamela
    May 28, 2013 / 2:07 pm

Perfection! Like something out of a magazine! Love the beer stand he built! Good idea! Absolutely LOOOVE the 'relax' pillow!!

5. Rebecca Woodcock
    May 28, 2013 / 2:08 pm

Absolutely in love with this! I nearly died when I saw some of these pics on Instagram, but I am loving the full-sized version up on the blog. Definitely, definitely taking some notes and finding inspiration for our next backyard soiree!XOXO,Rebeccawww.DarlingCashmere.blogspot.com

6. Amanda
    May 28, 2013 / 2:12 pm

How adorable! I can't wait to get in our new house and start having parties ๐Ÿ™‚ You and your hubby are both so creative and handy! Everything looks perfect!

7. My Life as A Plate
    May 28, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Your outdoor table and lights looks straight out of a magazine, you did such a great job with the decor!

8. The Wanna-be Southern Belle
    May 28, 2013 / 2:34 pm

adorable! I've never seen that barefoot refresh crisp wine. I'll have to keep my eye out! yay for summer!

9. Nicole-Lynn
    May 28, 2013 / 2:39 pm

Looked like such a fun, relaxing evening with good friends! Love the tablescape, friend! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Esme
    May 28, 2013 / 2:39 pm

Beautiful!!! Everything looks so beautiful,I love your backyard!

11. Brooke Norville
    May 28, 2013 / 2:40 pm

You're such a great hostess! Love it all!

12. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    May 28, 2013 / 2:47 pm

This is stunning! I so wish I was there, haha! I love the beer stands for corn hole, Stephen would be jealous!!

13. Amanda Rollo
    May 28, 2013 / 3:28 pm

That is so pretty! I love the table setting. I've been dying to have a dinner party, and I just might have to do it now! Amanda @ Running In Heelsamandarollo.blogspot.com

14. Sara
    May 28, 2013 / 4:05 pm

Looks BEAUTIFUL and looks like so much fun! :)I am adding this to my summer bucket list!

15. Lexilooo
    May 28, 2013 / 4:12 pm

the peonies are just gorgeous!

16. Lindsay B.
    May 28, 2013 / 4:21 pm

How beautiful is that table!

17. Sarah Elizabeth
    May 28, 2013 / 4:44 pm

wow!!! everything looks fabulous!! y'all are just too cute!! Your backyard is beautiful!

18. ~ Lisa ~
    May 28, 2013 / 5:09 pm

Please share your chicken marinade with us, it looks like you only serves thighs? I love that you have so many friends. Your party looks fabulous. :)Lisa

19. Colleen @ TwoDelighted
    May 28, 2013 / 5:13 pm

Such a beautiful party! Love that washi tape and marker trick – worked like a charm for Megan's party as well ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Emily
    May 28, 2013 / 5:31 pm

so much fun. everything turned out great. washi tape and wine, pretty flowers, yummy food, friends and beer stands =perfection in my book. we had the peach wine this weekend from TJ's with fresh peaches and pureed strawberries and champagne, both were delish. Thanks for the rec!

21. Dixie Delights
    May 28, 2013 / 5:59 pm

Gorgeous party! Now I want bistro lights and an alfresco party ๐Ÿ™‚

22. SHAYNA
    May 28, 2013 / 6:48 pm

I can/can't believe that y'all pulled this together so quickly! Everything is absolutely gorgeous & looks like so much fun! I will definitely have to tell my Matt about those beer holders! We need those! ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Kristen O
    May 28, 2013 / 8:36 pm

Beautiful! I adore the candlesticks and peonies. So elegant! If you are planning a party for the 4th of July, you should stop by Pottery Barn's website. This weekend while shopping around, I fell in love with their summer items and had to force myself to walk away from the store. I took a few pictures of the patriotic tablescape I saw in the store and blogged about it yesterday if you would like the links for the future (not that you need it because it seems like you are the hostess of the year)Great job! Looking forward to seeing all of the other parties y'all throw! ~Kristen{southerndoeandcompany.blogspot.com}

24. Makeshift Margaritas
    May 28, 2013 / 11:31 pm

I love your wrapping paper table runner! So cute and I never would have guessed it was from the Target dollar rack – it looks great with the peonies! ๐Ÿ™‚

25. ESB
    May 29, 2013 / 12:20 am

Looks like a fabulous and fun party! Do you happen to know what kind of trees those are planted along your fence??

26. Tricia
    May 29, 2013 / 1:22 am

Wow, it all looks fabulous. The table setting truly looks gorgeous. And I love the beer stands. Any chance you can come plan my next party? ๐Ÿ™‚

27. Elisabeth
    May 29, 2013 / 2:42 pm

Your outdoor dinner party looked absolutely beautiful! Not going to lie, I fell in love with your patio set and ordered one for myself. I had been searching high and low for the perfect one and that was it!

28. Jackie
    May 30, 2013 / 2:43 am

wow, this looks so nice! we're eager to start hosting friends over the summer, great inspiration!