Two Years {Our Anniversary Getaway}!

Today is our two year anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly two years of marriage of have passed. To celebrate, Matt, Charlie and I spent a long weekend in the mountains in a cozy little cabin. It was absolutely wonderful!

We selected a small cabin in Black Mountain which was perfect! The downtown area was charming and we were only 20 minutes away from Asheville.

Charlie was in heaven!

We found this cool tree in the backyard!

We got to the cabin early Friday afternoon and the air was nice and crisp so we decided to enjoy a cup of apple cider on the back porch.

For dinner we headed in town to a charming bistro and had a yummy meal.

After dinner we came back to the cabin and sliced into our anniversary cake, snuggled up by the fire and watched movies. It was such a relaxing night!

Saturday morning we slept in. Then we got up, made a ton of pancakes and sat by the fire for a bit before heading into Asheville for the day.

We drove around the Blue Ridge Parkway for a long time enjoying the fall foliage and I was in my happy place.

Amazing colors, right?!

For lunch we went to one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE RESTAURANTS – Early Girl Eatery in downtown Asheville. ! I could eat here every day of my life. I love this place so much.

We also stopped by Three Dog Bakery to pick up some fresh baked treats for Charlie.

Later that afternoon we returned to the cabin and hung out by the fire, watched some football and put this crazy puzzle together while fresh spaghetti sauce simmered in the kitchen!

We made a huge batch of sauce so we had lots to bring home and freeze.

Sunday morning we slept in again before heading back into Asheville for the day. For lunch we went to another one of my favorite places – Tupelo Honey Cafe. And lucky for me, we have one of these opening in Charlotte in a few months!

The whole trip was incredibly amazing and I feel so blessed celebrating TWO YEARS of love today! Tonight we will be dining at Cajun Queen, one of our favorite places to eat for special occasions. I can’t wait for year 3…something tells me it’s going to be our favorite yet!

1. Jamie Smith
    November 5, 2013 / 1:36 pm

I used to live in Asheville before moving to Charlotte, and it's hard to leave every time I visit!

2. Nichole
    November 5, 2013 / 1:41 pm

Gorgeous place! Happy Anniversary!

3. Sky-Ann @ The Little Button
    November 5, 2013 / 1:43 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats. I love all of your pictures. Looks like you had a great time. It looks like a very relaxing and peaceful place to be. Also that spaghetti sauce looks delicious.

4. Kelly Crusenbery
    November 5, 2013 / 1:43 pm

Looks wonderful! I have to ask you about how you found your cabin. My family has been dying to stay in the Asheville area. And you can't go wrong with Tupelos, so glad Knoxville has one. Happy 2 years!!

5. Jillian Manesh
    November 5, 2013 / 1:44 pm

looks like a beautiful place to get away! happy anniversary! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

6. Laurie @ Disney 'n Diapers
    November 5, 2013 / 1:45 pm

Looks so relaxing!

7. Slice of Life
    November 5, 2013 / 1:46 pm

Looks like a fun weekend! Happy 2 years!

8. Katie {Miss Dixie}
    November 5, 2013 / 1:47 pm

so perfect!! Happy Anniversary! I will have to try that Eatery- never heard of it but sounds delish! Lucky you, getting a Tupelo in Charlotte!

9. Jess Norden
    November 5, 2013 / 1:58 pm

Happy Anniversary!! I LOVE Asheville…I lived in NC and VA for 10 years, so I am very familiar with the Blue Ridge Mountains! We live in Maine now, so we have our own mountains, but there is certainly something special about that area!!

10. Sara @ Making Memories of Us
    November 5, 2013 / 2:03 pm

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Happy Anniversary!

11. Lesa Walker
    November 5, 2013 / 2:04 pm

Obsessed with Tupelo Honey!! Pile that biscuit high with glorious honey!! I am in love with your anniversary cake. Such a great idea! I might have to steal that idea for mine and Mr. Walker's third next year. Happy Anniversary!!

12. Katie MacDonald
    November 5, 2013 / 2:14 pm

What an adorable cabin! We're heading down to Asheville for Thanksgiving – can't wait to see this beautiful place of the country in person. Happy Anniversary!

13. Lauren
    November 5, 2013 / 2:14 pm

Looks like a perfect anniversary weekend!! Love going to the mountains!

14. Caitlin
    November 5, 2013 / 2:15 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! Your weekend looks fabulous and so relaxing! You two are the cutest!

15. megan
    November 5, 2013 / 2:20 pm

Cameron and I are thinking about going to Asheville for our 1 year anniversary so I just sent him a link to the cabin. haha It is so cute and I love that you can bring your pup!

16. Bekah Walsh
    November 5, 2013 / 2:20 pm

Ahhh…I went to Centrefuge in Asheville as a teenager…your pics are telling me it's time to visit the city on my own! Everything looks lovely!

17. Jodi
    November 5, 2013 / 2:22 pm

Happy 2nd Anniversary! Looked like a fantastic getaway!

18. Ann
    November 5, 2013 / 2:28 pm

Congrats! What an amazing weekend!

19. Mackenzie @bellbliss.blogspot.com
    November 5, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was the perfect relaxing weekend!!

20. Laura | Our Life in the Queen City
    November 5, 2013 / 2:32 pm

oh my! i'm obsessed with asheville – i would go just for the food [and beer]. remind me to tell you the story about our "mini honeymoon" there! xo happy anniversary, love! y'all deserve all the happiness in the world!

21. Dee Stephens
    November 5, 2013 / 2:38 pm

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful colors! We were thinking of taking the camper back up to the mountains(Hendersonville) this weekend but no of the campgrounds have cable and LSU plays AL! haaa! So, I think we're heading South to Charleston instead if everyone in our house is over sickness.

22. Amanda {Kids and Cabernet}
    November 5, 2013 / 2:42 pm

Sounds like a perfect getaway. Happy Anniversary!!

23. Melissa
    November 5, 2013 / 2:47 pm

Happy Anniversary! I am originally from Knoxville, TN and they now have a Tupelo Honey Café! I've heard WONDERFUL things about it, and think I'll definitely have to check it out the next time I'm home! Have fun today!

24. Claire Voss
    November 5, 2013 / 2:53 pm

Happy Anniversary! I hear the time does fly by. Your weekend looked SO perfect. So happy for you guys.:)

25. Leslie
    November 5, 2013 / 3:00 pm

What a wonderful anniversary weekend! Any weekend spent in the NC mountains is a perfect weekend in my opinion. I've heard so much about Tupelo Honey Cafe and had no idea we were getting one in Charlotte – I will definitely be trying it out!

26. Jasmine Maria
    November 5, 2013 / 3:01 pm

happy anniversary. looks like you had a wonderful romantic weekend.

27. Tammy Jo
    November 5, 2013 / 3:04 pm

Happy Anniversary!! Wishing y'all many many more 🙂

28. April of A. Liz Adventures
    November 5, 2013 / 3:04 pm

I still can't believe we just missed each other downtown! That cabin is pure bliss. Happy 2nd anni!

29. Maureen SIM
    November 5, 2013 / 3:19 pm

HAPPY TWO YEARS! And what an amazing weekend. It looks just lovely.

30. jamie vespa
    November 5, 2013 / 3:28 pm

What a wonderful trip!! Happy two years to you!!!Jamie @ The Growing Up Diaries

31. Tara {The Silver Lining}
    November 5, 2013 / 3:33 pm

Looks so beautiful!!! One of my friends was just in Asheville, and I'm jealous of all of the fall colors. Glad you had an incredibly perfect getaway. Happy Anniversary!!

32. Shayna Yancey
    November 5, 2013 / 3:39 pm

Sounds & looks like the perfect trip! The scenery is just beautiful! I would not of wanted to come home! Happy Anniversary to you & Matt!

33. Elise @ Cheers Y'all
    November 5, 2013 / 3:42 pm

happy anny, pretty lady!! love black mountain…what a perfect getaway spot! xx elise

34. Katie N
    November 5, 2013 / 3:53 pm

Looks beautiful!! Love all the fall colors! What a perfect, relaxing weekend you two got to spend together! Happy Anniversary!Katiemidwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com

35. Colleen Sullivan
    November 5, 2013 / 4:40 pm

What a lovely weekend! Happy two years!!

36. Laura {happily ever} Parker
    November 5, 2013 / 4:51 pm

Happy Anniversary! That cabin looks like such a great getaway!

37. Erin LFF
    November 5, 2013 / 5:04 pm

Happy Anniversary! What a perfect, cozy little place to celebrate! We love Asheville! 🙂

38. Cherish
    November 5, 2013 / 5:08 pm

So glad you posted about Asheville, it's on my QC bucket list! Looks like y'all had the perfect weekend, happy anniversary!

39. Jessi Otey
    November 5, 2013 / 5:11 pm

FABULOUS!

40. Bekah Foley
    November 5, 2013 / 5:46 pm

Yay for your 2nd anniversary! We just celebrated ours in September. Y'alls trip looked amazing :), and the fact that y'all could take Charlie with you is awesome! Any time a fur child is able to go on vacation too it makes it that much better.

41. Brianne Bracco
    November 5, 2013 / 6:09 pm

What a sweet sweet little cabin getaway! So glad you guys a wonderful time. Happy Anniversary!

42. Rebecca Jo
    November 5, 2013 / 6:50 pm

Looks like a perfect celebration! I love Charlie was included 🙂 2 years – still newlyweds!

43. Anni
    November 5, 2013 / 6:51 pm

Happy Anniversary! Those are my two favorite Asheville restaurants too!

44. Pamela
    November 5, 2013 / 6:57 pm

Oh you're making me want to hop in the car & drive to Asheville even more than I already have been wanting to!! SUCH a cute cabin. Might have to check into that! Happy anniversary!

45. Katie
    November 5, 2013 / 9:32 pm

Happy Anniversary! That is such a cute cabin!

46. brittany @ g squared
    November 6, 2013 / 12:24 am

That looks like the perfect weekend. And how great that you got to bring your dog?! I have been searching for dog friendly vacas myself! Congrats on 2 years 🙂

47. Linda
    November 6, 2013 / 2:59 am

Looks like a great weekend. Can't wait to try those restaurants. Lindagame day dresses

48. K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy
    November 6, 2013 / 5:20 am

Happy Second Anniversary! The cabin and scenery looks so beautiful.

49. Becca Black
    November 6, 2013 / 12:32 pm

I love Black Mountain. I went to church camp in nearby Montreat, NC as a teenager and have so many beautiful memories tied to that area. We would go into Black Mountain & Asheville on our free afternoons. We used to go to a little old fashioned soda shop in Black Mountain, I can't remember what it was called and who knows if it is even still there but what a gorgeous place. I've never been in the fall, only summer, and after seeing your pictures I know that I absolutely must go back at this time of year. Congratulations on your anniversary!

50. Megan@TwoDelighted
    November 6, 2013 / 2:00 pm

Looks like heaven!! Happy anny!

51. Christina Talhame
    November 7, 2013 / 2:27 am

Seriously, this is beautiful. I would love to have a vacation like this with my boyfriend. I'm glad the two of you had so much fun. Congratulations on your two year anniversary and cheers to many more! -Christina Theresa

52. Brookley @ Sweet B's and Sunshine
    November 8, 2013 / 7:40 am

First off, Congrats on your pregnancy and Happy Anniversary!! You look adorable like always! I used to live in Asheville…went to UNCA a year. It's a wonderful town and I love visiting…and of course, Tupelo Honey is a must;) That's awesome they will be in Charlotte soon! I hope they make their way to St. Augustine, FL! Anywho. glad you had a wonderful anniversary trip! It sounds like it was pretty perfect and cozy!

53. Kelly
    November 25, 2013 / 5:26 pm

We love the Asheville area, how beautiful. We are actually going to driving through there next weekend on our way back to SC from Kentucky after Thanksgiving. We will also be stopping overnight to celebrate my fiance's birthday. Do you have any recommendations for dinner???

54. Sunita Chaudhar
    December 6, 2013 / 6:48 am

WOW! This looks absolutely yummy..Very Nice post. I like it. I use to do buy online anniversary cakes as its time saving.very informative post about anniversary cakes.thanks for sharing this.

55. Gabby Deitsch
    July 13, 2014 / 11:09 pm

Can I ask where you guys booked this cabin? We're wanting to do Asheville for our one-year anniversary this October! Looks beautiful!

• Carolina Charm
      July 14, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Hey Gabby, Here is the link: http://www.vrbo.com/410121. The cabin was great but we wish it had a little bit better view. The proximity to Aville was perfect though!