We are officially in the home stretch of our 2nd annual pregnancy!
|Bump at 38 weeks|
It’s pretty wild to think we’ll be bringing our baby boy home so soon. In fact, we’ll probably be in labor by the weekend, so please send your prayers! I had a check up yesterday and learned I am 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced. My doctor is on call all weekend so I’m going to see him on Friday morning for a little membrane stripping fun and hopefully be making our way to the hospital shortly thereafter!
Thank goodness last weekend we finally crawled into the attic and got down the Boppy lounger, Rock n’ Play Sleeper and boxes of other newborn things. We also packed my hospital bag (using my list from last time), purchased an additional convertible car seat for Caroline, set up the pack n’ play next to our bed for a diaper changing station, sterilized bottles and pacifiers, assembled the swing, prepared the guest room for our parents and accomplished lots of other random tasks.
WE ARE READY!
The final update:
- Sleep: Hit or miss. The last few weeks I’ve been up coughing all night with Bronchitis, but thankfully Robitussin and a z-pak has helped get me through stretches of sleep.
- Movement: Movement is constant and feels so different from my pregnancy with Caroline. My belly is SO hard, round, full and every movement completely transforms the shape of my belly. I swear it feels like I’m carrying a 12 lb baby. I’ve also had so many strangers look at me and say “oh! definitely a boy!” Apparently huge basketball bellies are obvious giveaways.
- Cravings: The usual – orange juice, watermelon, cookies, ice cream, pickles, turkey sandwiches, cereal and ice.
- Labor Signs: Yep.Thomas has dropped, is head down, I’m experiencing loads of pressure and I’ve had a few contractions each night at bedtime. I can’t even begin to describe how dang excited I am about LABOR although my biggest fear is Thomas coming too quickly and missing my epidural window. I had such an amazing labor last time and hope that this time is exactly the same. Pushing a baby out of my body was one of the most incredible experiences of my life and I am counting down the DAYS to do it again! (Caroline’s birth story here).
- Symptoms: Again, so different this pregnancy! I am not nearly in as much pain and discomfort
as I was with Caroline. I vividly remember being confined to the couch
by 35 weeks with multiple heating pads and a belly support belt, crying and complaining about the
terrible shooting pains up my back, down my legs and across my ribs.
This pregnancy, despite crawling around the kitchen floor several times a
day cleaning up the aftermath of Caroline’s meals, bending over the tub
at bath time and carrying around an 18 pound toddler, I am grateful to
have very tolerable (lightening, round ligament and lower back) fleeting
- Best Moments: 90 minute prenatal massage,all of our June fun and celebrating Matt’s birthday.
- Looking forward to: A spa pedicure at the Ritz…and going into labor.
- Weight: Up 25 lbs.